Page 51 of 252 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6289
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway,

Is Keldon still on the team or did he get included in the Collins/Jones/Branham move?
    He Would Be Packaged. I Did A Little Bit Of Research On How Much The Starting Line-Up Changes From Year To Year And In The Last Four Years The Spurs Change At Least One Starter To Three Maximum. I think We Can Count On Wemby And Vassell Being Starters Next Season. We Really Should Package Those Players (And Maybe Include Champ As Well) For A Starting Small Forward, Preferably One That Is A Volume Shooter. I Think That Would Complete The Lineup And We Could Have Salaun, Matas, Or Zaccharie In The Development Pipeline To Take Those Reins In Three Years. IMO, It Would Really Be Perfect If The Spurs Land Murray:

Murray/ Wesley
    Vassell/ Julian
    Klay/ Cissoko
    Sochan/ Salaun
    Wemby/ Barlow/ Bassey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK it's either Dilly or Shephard if I'm taking a PG. Collier has been disappointing, Topic fattened up on weak compe ion but went cold when playing Euroleague, and Castle shoots 20% from the college three despite not being guarded there. If we still had Chip here I'd be all over Castle since he could probably make him a 30% shooter from the three after seeing how he fixed Kawhi's shot but without Engelland he's a no go.
    Bro topic played like 15 seconds in euro league … can’t take anything from that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything Doesn’t Revolve Around Shooting. The Whole Premise Of My Post Extends Beyond That. I Don’t Close The Book On A Player Because He Lacks Shooting, Especially When Said Player Shows Promise In Many Other Facets Of The Game. I’m Already High On Dillingham But His Frame Is Too Small To Be Convince Me That He Won’t Be A Liability On Defense Especially When He Has To Switch On Guys Like Anthony Edwards Or Jaylen Brown. Collier Is A Big “6’3” In The Same Manner As Jrue Is. That Boy Is Thick And Can Defend His Ass Off.
    Collier can’t defend at all, nor shoot, or pass. He does one thing well: penetrate and score. That would be fine if he were 6’6” and not 6’3”. That skill will be tough to translate to the NBA at his size and the level he does it now in college.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy I think we're sleeping on is Matas Buzelis. It's somewhat understandable because of where he's playing, but the fit is undeniable and the skill level is there. There's a little Franz Wagner in there..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy I think we're sleeping on is Matas Buzelis. It's somewhat understandable because of where he's playing, but the fit is undeniable and the skill level is there. There's a little Franz Wagner in there..
    The one discriminating factor about Wagner is that he had a basket full of skills AND was a top notch shooter in all categories. Buzelis ain’t the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's my third choice, after Sarr and Risacher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray’s really only going to be here for probably three years, if obtained. He’ll be 30 at that point, and looking for a payday. Any PG you draft this year will be ready to take the reins at that point.
    Yeah, I've thought of that too. But I also get the sense they prefer to retain Jones beyond his current contract as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one discriminating factor about Wagner is that he had a basket full of skills AND was a top notch shooter in all categories. Buzelis ain’t the latter.
    Buzelis will be a better 3 pt shooter than Wagner in the league is my expectation. Wagner has never been a knock down guy from outside. An advantage Wagner has is his ability to guard 4's. Im not sure Buzelis has enough strength to do that, but he'll be fine everywhere else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree. I think this is the draft to go for need with the top selection, and for me it’s that spacing big wing that can hold their own reasonably well on D. Matas has to be right behind Rasicher when it comes to that mold, with Williams being the 3rd.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same reason I don't want Castle unless he starts sliding to the 20s (doubtful in such a lousy draft). Then I'd want to make a move to try to snag him as a low risk high potential guy.
    Why? I like Castle's all around game but yes needs work on 3 point shooting. People still wanted to draft Sochan even with bad 3 point shooting and now people are already happy with his improved numbers.

Truth is if Castle starts slipping in drafts out of the lottery and into the 20s he will stay in school another year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose your current top 5?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro topic played like 15 seconds in euro league … can’t take anything from that
    Played a game and a half. What am I supposed to take from him statpadding against a bunch of chain smoking white guys in the ABA?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? I like Castle's all around game but yes needs work on 3 point shooting. People still wanted to draft Sochan even with bad 3 point shooting and now people are already happy with his improved numbers.

Truth is if Castle starts slipping in drafts out of the lottery and into the 20s he will stay in school another year.
    Don't know why you want to invoke Sochan here when teams leave Castle wide open at the three point line just like they do Sochan.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why you want to invoke Sochan here when teams leave Castle wide open at the three point line just like they do Sochan.
    Castle doesn't even shoot many 3 pt shots. UCONN plays a team game and involves many players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs should plan for the 2026 free agency. This is when Doncic can opt out, Trae Young can terminate his contract, Mikal Bridges and Jaren Jackson Jr. become free agents. Of course all that only happens if none of them sign an extension, but all these guys would be a great fit and would probably like to play here in order to contend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose your current top 5?
    1. Zaccharie Risacher
    2. Alex Sarr
    3. Nikola Topic
    4. Tidjane Salaun
    5. Matas Buzelis

That's not a Spurs board, just where I currently have the top 5.
    Last edited by mo7888; 01-21-2024 at 05:05 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned Ivusic last season when the serbian scout that got Jokic to the NBA was talking about him on All the Smoke. Don't want to draft a big though, PG and SF is what the Spurs should be looking at.
    Yeah, I remember reading that and I started to follow him I came away impressed and was looking at the Kentucky situation and wondering if he was not allowed to play would he come out. Well after watching them kill a decent Georgia team I am pretty sure he is now being looked as a top 10 pick. If he continues having a few more games like he did he is easily a top 3 pick in this weak draft and he might even go number 1 as the kid can shoot, pass, block shots, catch and dunk, etc....and you can tell his fellow player really like him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs should plan for the 2026 free agency. This is when Doncic can opt out, Trae Young can terminate his contract, Mikal Bridges and Jaren Jackson Jr. become free agents. Of course all that only happens if none of them sign an extension, but all these guys would be a great fit and would probably like to play here in order to contend.
    I'm at the stage where I just assume that Free Agency will only be for picking up role players. Stars and starting caliber players rarely, if ever, reach Free Agency these days - and when they do they are flawed players who require a huge overpay (FVV, Brooks) or are often just setting the value to return to their current team (Lopez).

Going back 4 seasons, here are the "best" players who actually switched teams in FA and their deals. I say "best" because I'm just looking at them ranked by the avg salary of their new deal because best is subjective and this is easy. I drew the line at $10MM avg salary. Why only 4 seasons? Bc that's as far back as Spotrac goes without a membership and they make it easy to put this list together. S&Ts are included in this list.

2020: Hayward (4/120), Gallinari (3/61), Jerami Grant (3/60), B Bogdanovic (4/72), C Wood (3/41)

2021: Lowry (3/85), DDR (3/85), Lonzo Ball (4/80), Fournier (4/73), Dinwiddie (3/54), Markkanen (4/67), McDermott (3/42), Oubre Jr (2/25), Olynyk (3/37), Devonte Graham (4/47 - note, RFA), Bullock (3/30)

2022: Brunson (4/104), Sexton (4/71), PJ Tucker (3/33)

2023: FVV (3/129), Brooks (4/86), Bruce Brown (2/45), Strus (4/62), Grant Williams (4/53), Schroder (2/25), DiVincenzo (4/47), Gabe Vincent (3/33), Ingles (2/22)

There are a handful of "smart" moves that were difference makers or could have been if not for a team otherwise tanking/rebuilding (Lauri, Brunson, arguably DDR, etc.) but for the most part these are all just role player moves. I wouldn't count on any of Doncic, Young, Bridges, Jackson Jr, etc. ever hitting FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played a game and a half. What am I supposed to take from him statpadding against a bunch of chain smoking white guys in the ABA?
    I agree that he needs to prove himself in euro league. But I’m not taking anything from the 15 minutes he’s played so far

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm at the stage where I just assume that Free Agency will only be for picking up role players. Stars and starting caliber players rarely, if ever, reach Free Agency these days - and when they do they are flawed players who require a huge overpay (FVV, Brooks) or are often just setting the value to return to their current team (Lopez).

Going back 4 seasons, here are the "best" players who actually switched teams in FA and their deals. I say "best" because I'm just looking at them ranked by the avg salary of their new deal because best is subjective and this is easy. I drew the line at $10MM avg salary. Why only 4 seasons? Bc that's as far back as Spotrac goes without a membership and they make it easy to put this list together. S&Ts are included in this list.

2020: Hayward (4/120), Gallinari (3/61), Jerami Grant (3/60), B Bogdanovic (4/72), C Wood (3/41)

2021: Lowry (3/85), DDR (3/85), Lonzo Ball (4/80), Fournier (4/73), Dinwiddie (3/54), Markkanen (4/67), McDermott (3/42), Oubre Jr (2/25), Olynyk (3/37), Devonte Graham (4/47 - note, RFA), Bullock (3/30)

2023: FVV (3/129), Brooks (4/86), Bruce Brown (2/45), Strus (4/62), Grant Williams (4/53), Schroder (2/25), DiVincenzo (4/47), Gabe Vincent (3/33), Ingles (2/22)

There are a handful of "smart" moves that were difference makers or could have been if not for a team otherwise tanking/rebuilding (Lauri, Brunson, arguably DDR, etc.) but for the most part these are all just role player moves. I wouldn't count on any of Doncic, Young, Bridges, Jackson Jr, etc. ever hitting FA.
    That really adds some perspective..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buzelis will be a better 3 pt shooter than Wagner in the league is my expectation. Wagner has never been a knock down guy from outside. An advantage Wagner has is his ability to guard 4's. Im not sure Buzelis has enough strength to do that, but he'll be fine everywhere else.
    TaT projects him as a 34% 3 point shooter in the NBA, slightly below average. That maybe a tad optimistic in my mind, as his 75% FTs aren’t a real strong shooting signal to go from 27% to 34%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TaT projects him as a 34% 3 point shooter in the NBA, slightly below average. That maybe a tad optimistic in my mind, as his 75% FTs aren’t a real strong shooting signal to go from 27% to 34%.
    That doesn't really compell me very much. I take advanced stats in context. He's playing for a joke of a team this year, so I'm pretty much disregarding this season. I do look at his hs numbers and I particularly look at his form and if he takes good 3's or not and how much improvement he can achieve through shot selection. When looking at his hs stats I see a guy who averaged 15.7 points and 5.6 rebounds per game while shooting 54 percent from the field, 42.4 percent from 3-point range and 80 percent from the free throw line. Shooting won't be a problem, especially if looked at with an eye towards improved shot selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon is a great source for many things. Their projected 3p% for nearly any player just feels like it's pulled out of their ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon is a great source for many things. Their projected 3p% for nearly any player just feels like it's pulled out of their ass.
    Sometimes, but sometimes they base possible improvements on things like high FT%, which is a shooting signal. I already said I thought their estimate was optimistic in this case, so in a sense, I agree with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah the free agency market has been terrible in recent years cause players sign extensions to secure the money and then switch teams after. Still there might be a chance some of these guys don't extend their contracts and that could get some trade talks going if they only have a year left.

Thread Information