Page 49 of 342 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 8545
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what u think of cody willams
    So Far? He’s A Prospect That Makes Me Yawn…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic has gotta show something in Euroleague. Not at all impressed by what he was doing in the ABA.
    I don’t Know isn’t Risacher playing in the same league he was playing in before he stepped up? Take it with a grain of salt but almost every mock had had them in the top 5 for months. As far as what he was doing in ABA I don’t think you can judge him to harshly going to a brand new league and team there has to be a learning curve and two games is not enough time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you actually watched him? He's really small.
    I have watched him and he looks small. But idk if that’s just his frame. Like he’s really skinny so that could make him seem smaller than he is. He bulks up a bit (adds some actual muscle) and he could look bigger than he does now. Bc I don’t think he is Patty Mills height but it seems like that’s what everyone thinks he is though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic has gotta show something in Euroleague. Not at all impressed by what he was doing in the ABA.
    Same. My interest in Topic has fallen considerably tbh, especially when you consider how poor he is on the defensive end. He can still turn it around if he comes back and starts playing well in EuroLeague, but as of right now I'm pretty meh on him at the moment.

He's gotta project as an elite-level offensive player if I'm taking him in the top-5 with how poor of a defender he already is, but more importantly, how poor of a defender he projects to be in the NBA. His lack of foot speed and lack of 3-point shooting are red flags, though he shoots a solid % from the foul line so he might improve considerably from 3.

But I don't buy the SGA comparisons with him, at least not yet. Need to see more. Him getting hurt and being out for the next 6 weeks sucks bigly cause he needs to prove himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have watched him and he looks small. But idk if that’s just his frame. Like he’s really skinny so that could make him seem smaller than he is. He bulks up a bit (adds some actual muscle) and he could look bigger than he does now. Bc I don’t think he is Patty Mills height but it seems like that’s what everyone thinks he is though.
    Dilly is a very thin 6'1.5 - 6'2 imo. He's a 2-3 inches shorter than DJ Wagner, who looks to be a legit 6'4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly looks very similar to Trae Young in size and stature imo. Trae measured in at 6'1.75 barefoot at the combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should also be mentioned that Isaiah Collier's 6'4 listing is bogus as well. He's between 6'2 - 6'2.5 imo based on this pic of him standing with 6'4 Drake London, 6'3 Bronny James, and 6'1 Caleb Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if we're talking PG's, Reed Sheppard seems like the exact type of guy the Spurs would look at if we hang on to that TOR pick and it falls in that 10-14 range. He's currently being projected there as he's quickly become Kentucky's 2nd best player behind Dilly. He has similar physical limitations to Dilly due to his smaller stature, and they're very different players, but he's by far the best defender in the draft at his position (4 steals & 2 blks/per is absolutely nuts for a 6'2 guard -- he's super active on that end) and his advanced stats are off the charts, as is his basketball IQ. I typically would avoid white American Guards at all costs, but he's a very Spursy player tbh. Reminds me a bit of a smaller D-White with a better jumper.

And, most importantly, he's probably the best shooter in the entire Draft at 53% from 3 on over 4 attempts/per (!!), 55% FG overall, and 85% FT. That 3PT% will surely drop cause that's insane and not sustainable, but he can really shoot the rock and looks like a good glue guy at the PG position at the next level. Understands the game of basketball and always seems to make the right play and find the open man. He's got some John Stockton in him tbh. His height and lack of foot-speed will definitely limit him a bit though. Will be interested to see how he pans out at the next level, but if he's surrounded by high-end talent, he'd be great as a glue guy imo.

Last edited by BatManu20; 01-21-2024 at 02:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham has that Nick Smith Jr frame. As for previous UK guards he's closer in height/weight to De'Aaron Fox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m back on the Sheppard boat with the Toronto pick, go BPA with the first pick. I’m just not sure there’s a PG worth grabbing in the top 10 right now. May be better off taking a flier on a PG in the second round, make a trade, or hope next year has a better PG class. A bench backcourt of Wesley and Sheppard next year while small, could be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if we're talking PG's, Reed Sheppard seems like the exact time of guy the Spurs would look at if we hang on to that TOR pick and it falls in that 10-14 range. He's currently being projected there as he's quickly becoming Kentucky's 2nd best player behind Dilly. He has similar physical limitations to Dilly due to his smaller stature, and they're very different players, but he's the best defender in the draft at his position (4 steals & 2 blks/per is nuts for a 6'2 guard -- he's super a active on that end) and his advanced stats are off the charts, as his bball IQ. I typically would avoid white American Guards at all costs, but he's a very Spursy player tbh.

And, most importantly, he's probably the best shooter in the Draft at 53% from on over 4 attempts/per (!!), 55% FG overall, and 85% FT. That 3PT% will surely drop cause that's insane and not sustainable, but he can really shoot the rock and looks like a good glue guy at the PG position at the next level. Understand ball and always seems to make the right play or finds the open man. He's got some John Stockton in him tbh. His height and lack of foot-speed will definitely limit him a bit though. Will be interested to see how he pans out at the next level.

I like Sheppard a lot, I just wouldn’t consider him a PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me Edey with the Toronto pick; this dude is a monster we could use with VW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me Edey with the Toronto pick; this dude is a monster we could use with VW.
    Way too high for him. Teams are going to attack him in the PnR relentlessly. That would also push Wemby back to PF, where he's far less effective...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Sheppard a lot, I just wouldn’t consider him a PG.
    Yea he's not a true PG in the traditional sense, more of a combo Guard who can play Point cause he likes to shoot the rock. But he can definitely set the table at the next level imo. I wouldn't draft him in the top-10 personally due to his physical limitations, but if that TOR pick were to fall into the 11-14 range, I'd definitely consider him, depending on who else is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned Ivusic last season when the serbian scout that got Jokic to the NBA was talking about him on All the Smoke. Don't want to draft a big though, PG and SF is what the Spurs should be looking at.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the moment I have a strong impression that the only real fame changer prospect in this draft is Edey. And agree with the thought that he could be possibly unplayable in nba but it's maybe a risk worth to take in a situation like ours where we can use a player that could fits perfectly as a help defender and is developing a more than decent three point shot... Idk... I put it on FO and scouting hands... But the idea of a front line Edey /Wemby looks at least intriguing...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at Ivisic from Kentucky is going to come out of nowhere and get drafted top 10. His tape from last year looks good and his start at Kentucky yesterday was insane. I'm not advocating necessarily for drafting him, but he can potentially push some better fit prospects down in case we don't get as much lottery luck this year. He will probably be taken above where he should be much like Sarr due to the success of mobile skilled bigs like Wemby and Chet this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs Keep Their Picks, I’d Prefer Right Now:

Collier & Salaun

Collier/ Wesley
    Vassell/ Backup Wing
    Champ/ Cissoko
    Sochan/ Salaun
    Wemby/ Barlow/ Bassey

Package Collins, Jones, Branham for veteran help
    What about Keldon? Back up Champ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly is a very thin 6'1.5 - 6'2 imo. He's a 2-3 inches shorter than DJ Wagner, who looks to be a legit 6'4.

That not great. These days it’s seems the smaller you are the smaller your margin for error is. The 6’2 and unders seem to be a dying bread, even at pg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Keldon? Back up Champ?
    I Forgot About Keldon But In My Mind He Was Part Of The Group To Be Traded For Veteran Help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the intriguing thing about Topic is what he could become being coached by Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should also be mentioned that Isaiah Collier's 6'4 listing is bogus as well. He's between 6'2 - 6'2.5 imo based on this pic of him standing with 6'4 Drake London, 6'3 Bronny James, and 6'1 Caleb Williams.

To be clear, Colier looks taller than Bronny in this pic, not shorter. He does have the patented James hairline, so his height is actually about where his top knot it. Definitely looks shorter than London, even if he's standing a tiny bit behind him. But of course, now that the new CBA requires every player measure at the combine in order to be draft eligible, teams won't be left in the dark about his height prior to drafting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im fine with Spurs trading their picks for real known talent; even if Spurs land pick 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, Colier looks taller than Bronny in this pic, not shorter. He does have the patented James hairline, so his height is actually about where his top knot it. Definitely looks shorter than London, even if he's standing a tiny bit behind him. But of course, now that the new CBA requires every player measure at the combine in order to be draft eligible, teams won't be left in the dark about his height prior to drafting him.
    I've seen Collier two full games in person -- he can't shoot at all (and his team, as a PG, has been an utter disappointment record-wise).

(And he can't even manage to get the "fight on" sign past half-staff in the picture.)

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK it's either Dilly or Shephard if I'm taking a PG. Collier has been disappointing, Topic fattened up on weak compe ion but went cold when playing Euroleague, and Castle shoots 20% from the college three despite not being guarded there. If we still had Chip here I'd be all over Castle since he could probably make him a 30% shooter from the three after seeing how he fixed Kawhi's shot but without Engelland he's a no go.
    Collier's been disappointing, but I think people might be dropping him too much. He suffered the curse of being overhyped before playing a college game. Every mock I've seen has him getting selected in the teens now in a weak draft. He's still the most athletic guard in the draft with good size. I don't think he'll ever be a star since he's not a good shooter. However, his floor is high enough that if you can pick him in the teens in this draft, that's a huge win.

Also, Topic played a total of 30 minutes for a brand new team in Euroleague before his injury. I don't think there's much of a conclusion to be drawn from that.

Thread Information