Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty good game considering how badly we shot the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all the things that led to the loss
    -Memphis’ hot shooting in the 1st
    -JRich being a poor decision maker as a point guard
    -Rebounding by Steven Adams
    -every time they were within reach, they’d shoot themselves in the foot with a reckless play. Signs of a young team

Things I liked
    -obviously Bassey
    -Vassell looking more and more natural out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan spent a lot of time against Ja Morant and Desmond Bane, which is almost inconceivable for a power forward.
    A 19 year old rookie power forward guarding one the most dynamic guards.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man this was nailbiter. Perfect loss, keep racking up these Ls

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should just sign Bassey to a 3 or 4 year deal right now, get him on the main roster and lock him up. No reason to keep that dollar store Slo-mo they gave charity to recently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should just sign Bassey to a 3 or 4 year deal right now, get him on the main roster and lock him up. No reason to keep that dollar store Slo-mo they gave charity to recently.
    Agree. At a minimum he’s shown to be an asset worth protecting for potential future value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, guys, guys.

I know it's been three games, but Bassey is eye popping. I thought he was a lasting journeyman type or a Cacok type who might hustle and do the right things, but just be limited and never all that good.

Right now, I'm like... how did the Sixers not give him a chance? He's not making mistakes. He's often making great cuts or reads, has great hands, has vision, plays above his height, is physical, has bounce from a standstill, hustles, has a nice form and touch on his shots, might have good range on his jump shots. He's not lost guarding the perimeter and he rebounds.

I mean, what's going on? I'm not going gaga and saying he's a full time starter or anything, but it's hard to see this as a fluke. These aren't fluke plays. It's like Pop was saying after his G-League performance, Why aren't we playing this guy? He's basically a big plus every time he's on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bassey keeps it up, Poeltl loses leverage in contract negotiations. Could keep him for on a bargain deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bassey keeps it up, Poeltl loses leverage in contract negotiations. Could keep him for on a bargain deal.
    If Poeltl were a rfa that might be the case but being an ufa he's still got all the leverage. It may make it easier for us to let him walk but with the other offers he'll have will give him the leverage where it counts and that would be a shame because we'd lose him for nothing. If we're still this high on Bassey around Christmas then go ahead and pull the trigger on a Poeltl trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted them to win because they kept fighting and even almost won the game twice. Just the same, it’s another L closer to getting a high pick.

Vassell looks good as an offensive force. And he’s just going to get better as he becomes even more aggressive, seeing he can always find his spots and can knock down shots against defenders,
    Keldon needs to learn to mix it up when his shots are not going in. Find where to contribute, rebound, assist, etc
    Tre’s 11 assists was nice specially when his shots were not going in.
    Sochan needs to rebound better. But his 13 points was a plus. I was happy he made that steal and dunk,
    JRich is not a PG. That’s why Hall is such a head-scratcher when he still can’t get to play. I think if we had Blake and Primo, Spurs could’ve won some of these games.
    Bassey is becoming a fan favorite. He is what we’ve been waiting for a big man, very nimble and can switch, has the ability to cover guards, shoot at range, FT, bruiser. I agree, the Spurs need to lock him on a good contract. Keep sending him out there.

The Wins are just going to keep tougher going on the road against good teams. I’m not worried. I think these guys naturally like playing with each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wins are just going to keep tougher going on the road against good teams. I’m not worried. I think these guys naturally like playing with each other.
    Five of the seven losses have come at home. Granted, fairly tough compe ion, but I feel like this team may do better on the road given the awful crowd attendance.

Also, the schedule gets lighter very soon. They face the Lakers three times nearly in a row, for example, and bad teams like Orlando and Houston. I feel like they're clearly better than those teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Bassey make SA clear Collins 7M off the books next season?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or feel better about trading Yak?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know Zollins' contract, but 7m seems cheap for him, if he shows he can stay healthy.

To me, and jumping way ahead, if Bassey shows he can be a spot starter, then I feel comfortable trading Poeltl. I also think Collins and Bassey can co-exist on the court and are definitely worth seeing together.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Collins has shown that he can't stay healthy.
    2a) The time to give Bassey a full contract is the day Bassey plays his last permitted 2-way game
    2b) or the day the Spurs want to sign a 2-way for a Hall replacement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they like Zollins versatility; bassey is a mixture between both poodle & Zollins .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know Zollins' contract, but 7m seems cheap for him, if he shows he can stay healthy.

To me, and jumping way ahead, if Bassey shows he can be a spot starter, then I feel comfortable trading Poeltl. I also think Collins and Bassey can co-exist on the court and are definitely worth seeing together.

Agreed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished watching the game a minute ago. Great fight from the guys to get the chance at a game winner. Tough, tough loss, but mega props to the team for battling it out. I feel bad for Devin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five of the seven losses have come at home. Granted, fairly tough compe ion, but I feel like this team may do better on the road given the awful crowd attendance.

Also, the schedule gets lighter very soon. They face the Lakers three times nearly in a row, for example, and bad teams like Orlando and Houston. I feel like they're clearly better than those teams.
    I stand corrected. I didn’t realize Warriors have been sucking. Blazers and Clippers will be tough. But Lonnie could go beastmode against his former team. Let’s see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-JRich being a poor decision maker as a point guard
    -…

Yeah, Poeltl’s a better point guard than Richardson is. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    J Rich shouldn't have PG duties, too many bad turnovers
    Lack of spacing is a factor as well
    Instead he should be out on the perimeter helping with the spacing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre has to play 48 minutes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s better creating off of his own scoring action than just pure creating. He’s been pretty bad as a backup PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better not let Bassey go the way of Darius Days lol

Thread Information