My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon looked smooth and the game looked easy to him. A healthy KJ/Vassell playing well will make this season more fun to watch as we compe ively lose 55-60 games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess there is no more early shot clock contested pull up 2 from Wes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    backup point guard, the position team insiders have told me all summer that the coaches want him to play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of the three draft picks, wesley looks like the one that will have to spend most of his season in the G league. barlow is raw but doesn't lack confidence, has good size and possesses a nice skill set. it'd be total bonus if he could develop into something. and if romeo can play like this, then i'd have no problem in giving wieskamp's spot to him. wieskamp has never even shown flashes. he's just lost out there.
    Last edited by rjv; 10-12-2022 at 12:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon looked smooth and the game looked easy to him. A healthy KJ/Vassell playing well will make this season more fun to watch as we compe ively lose 55-60 games.
    that's be the perfect season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's be the perfect season.
    It really is. Extended opportunity for the young guys. Keep the culture and compe iveness elevated so that good teams know they still have to come to play us. Moral victories along the way. Coach Pop gets closer to retirement. Train up more trade chips.

My beef is come March we need to play the long game and outright tank. Keldon has a sore wrist? Sit him on back to backs. Vassell, Jak get the same treatment. No use beating up on a team led by Jock Landale and Drew Eubanks in April.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo looked great when he attacked the basket. But for a supposed superior shooter, the spurs aren’t doing him a favor making him the back up point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got Out Tanked... whts the grade for that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. If last night’s game was any indication of what’s ahead, the the Spurs would be fun to watch. Keldon/Vassell will be an exciting duo to watch. I think Primo will be the 3rd part of the trio but coming off the bench ala Manu, while Sochan will have the Draymond type defensive anchor once he gets more experience.

I’m rooting for Weiskamp because he is supposed to be athletic and advertised as a shooter. I was hoping a Duncan Robinson type, but I haven’t seen it yet. Meanwhile Romeo is good WHEN he decides to play. I don’t know how that works with Pop who demand 100% commitment or none at all.

Poeltl, ahh I think he regressed a bit.. again coming off the off-season. He was showing ensemble of offensive moves last year when the reign was handed to them. I don’t know if trade rumors shook him somewhat. Again, I’m rooting for him just because he be good defensively with Sochan at 4, while allowing the team to be more compe ive to thrive.

I like we saw a more compe ive game as we near the opening season, and Coach Pop finalizing his line-up. I actually enjoyed last night’s game, and here’s hoping more of the same, while still losing enough to get the best odd to a top 3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If (and hopefully, when) the Spurs get Wemby to go with Devin, Keldon, Sochan and Branham.. It could be the nucleus of a new championship contender in the making.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seemed like Langford was playing for a roster spot. Something lit a fire under his ass. He has enough talent and physical traits to stick on a team this bad, but only if he plays hard.

It was probably similar with Samanic, except that he didn't rise to the occasion, exemplified by him dogging it on that one transition layup, and that was the last straw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seemed like Langford was playing for a roster spot. Something lit a fire under his ass. He has enough talent and physical traits to stick on a team this bad, but only if he plays hard.

It was probably similar with Samanic, except that he didn't rise to the occasion, exemplified by him dogging it on that one transition layup, and that was the last straw.
    guess he hasn't changed much. at least boston felt that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of the three draft picks, wesley looks like the one that will have to spend most of his season in the G league. barlow is raw but doesn't lack confidence, has good size and possesses a nice skill set. it'd be total bonus if he could develop into something. and if romeo can play like this, then i'd have no problem in giving wieskamp's spot to him. wieskamp has never even shown flashes. he's just lost out there.
    You guys think by mid-season Barlow will be able to contribute more than Eubanks was when he was here?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz already in midseason tanking form. We have work to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys think by mid-season Barlow will be able to contribute more than Eubanks was when he was here?
    I don't with that timeline but, I do think he could eventually be a much better player down the road. He's got ability but he's so raw...he could flame out or he could become a rotation player...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Langford must have read all the negative but true comments about him on this board. I feel his days with the spurs are numbered.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do we think the final cut is at this point? It’s btwn KBD, Weiskamph, and Romeo right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD should definitely stay on the team and regularly get some minutes in my opinion

Weiskamp and Langford are the odd men out in my opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't with that timeline but, I do think he could eventually be a much better player down the road. He's got ability but he's so raw...he could flame out or he could become a rotation player...
    We are so delusional or spoiled (for the old folks). Either we just suck and are tanking for VW or we are stupid, aka unqualified to manage an NBA team. Actually Eubanks was a super sub. Probably a great starter in our current situation. Either way, we won't see the glory days for at least 5-8 move years. Sad..... for dudes like me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Richardson didn't play. How are our new guard rookies going to get minutes? Who's backup 4 if Sochan and Johnson are starting? McDermott?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ and Devo need a point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Richardson didn't play. How are our new guard rookies going to get minutes? Who's backup 4 if Sochan and Johnson are starting? McDermott?
    Probably KBD or Roby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and Devo are my two favorite players and they did look in good form, but it was really against another tanking team. This game Utah tanked worse than we did, the next game we'll tank harder than they will. Its a race to the bottom of the standings. It's too bad some decent players get caught in the crappy tanking situation brought on by bad management decisions from years ago.

Thread Information