My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was debating a buddy about this and if either were HOf worthy

Who was the better player tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed was more talented, but wasted it. LMA smokes him on career stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed played a winning brand of basketball, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed was more talented, but wasted it. LMA smokes him on career stats.
    I wouldn’t pick either for HOF. But Sheed has a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does Menke Bateer. Sheed was a glorified role player by the time he landed in DET, and while I was elated with the outcome, he’d have TWO rings if he weren’t stupid enough to leave Big Shot Rob alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better question: Sheed or Draymond

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed seems like a textbook case of being overrated by the eye test. Good defender but a pretty poor rebounder and not a guy you could ever rely on to be your horse over a season or even in a series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elliott stuck it in Sheeds eye for that miracle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Sheed was really focused and into the game, I would choose him over LMA from a winner's mentality. But how long did that really last? 2 years in Detroit? Dude was part of the Jailblazers for a reason. After Brown left, he was never the same player mentally.

LMA has had a franchise on his back for 10+ years. That alone is impressive and longer than Sheed was ever capable of leading a franchise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both players played hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both players played hard.
    No. When you have the length and athleticism of Sheed, and come in at a career mark of 6.7 rebounds per game, you are most decidedly not playing hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does Menke Bateer. Sheed was a glorified role player by the time he landed in DET, and while I was elated with the outcome, he’d have TWO rings if he weren’t stupid enough to leave Big Shot Rob alone.
    Sheed accepted a lesser role and was effective in said role, Aldridge didn't and can't. That's why Rasheed is better. If they were both availabe at this future draft, you pick Wallace because you can win a championship with him down the road. Neither guy is a number one option on a championship team but Wallace can at least play a championship level supporting role, Aldridge can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats - Aldridge
    Winning - Sheed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed is one of my favorite non spurs of all time. I do believe he could have been better than KG,Dirk if he had the drive to be great but he never did. Sheed is great when he plays on a stacked team like others have said but when he has to be the guy then he falls apart like he did in Portland from '01-'04. Lamarcus can carry a team to the playoffs being the guy. He was also a great second option when Kawhi was here. I still believe those 2 would have had at least won 1 le together had Kawhi not bolted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. When you have the length and athleticism of Sheed, and come in at a career mark of 6.7 rebounds per game, you are most decidedly not playing hard
    It was a joke. Relax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed was more talented and better defensively

WHen he wasn'T getting T'd up he was eating the Lakers frontline in 2000

Also did a solid job on TD in 2005 and his shot was unblockable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Sheed had a pretty good ooutside and 3Pt threat. haven't looked at his stats but he wasted a lot of his talents for various reasons/flaws in his character. It must be so easy to give in to your baser instincts when you make millions of dollars regardless of your production. I thought it was telling last season when LMA began to take the 3pt shot. It showed he wanted to be even better and was willing to put in the work to add something to his skills even as a All-star caliber player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed prolly has better weed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta pick LMA here. Sheed only won while being part of a committee. Surely LMA can win being part of a committee like the Detroit Pistons of 05. Sheed could not/ would not be the #1 or #2 guy of any team. He just hated that pressure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed played a winning brand of basketball, tbh.
    For a few years when he could be bothered to concentrate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner has 2 rings, that's no kind of argument lol.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats - Aldridge
    Winning - Sheed
    For anyone frustrated by LMA's inconsistency in the playoffs, Wallace was way worse. Even when they won the le he had a three point game against the Lakers. Dude had a four point game in the 2005 Finals (Game 1), only averaged 11 a game that series, and his highpoint was 16 in Game 6. Sheed was a glorified role-player who tantalizingly looked like a Hall of Fame talent if you watched the right game in a series but not the other ones. Most overrated player of the last 40 years IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta pick LMA here. Sheed only won while being part of a committee. Surely LMA can win being part of a committee like the Detroit Pistons of 05. Sheed could not/ would not be the #1 or #2 guy of any team. He just hated that pressure.
    LMA can never be part of a comitee because he would whine about " muh touches " and ask for a trade. Sheed was the number one option on a better team than anyone LMA ever lead: the early 2000 Blazers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA can never be part of a comitee because he would whine about " muh touches " and ask for a trade. Sheed was the number one option on a better team than anyone LMA ever lead: the early 2000 Blazers.
    Different cir stances. I think LMA would've done very well on that veteran-committee early 2000's Blazers team. They were looking for an alpha. Sheed just wanted to be a Great role player. LMA has done pretty well in his career. Those Blazers teams winning 50+ games were impressive for him considering how stacked the West always was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different cir stances. I think LMA would've done very well on that veteran-committee early 2000's Blazers team. They were looking for an alpha. Sheed just wanted to be a Great role player. LMA has done pretty well in his career. Those Blazers teams winning 50+ games were impressive for him considering how stacked the West always was.
    What part of Aldridge would have never accepted a committee role I didn't make clear?

Also, no, Aldridge is an inefficient black Hole as a number one option. So, no, he wouldn't have been better than Rasheed there.

Thread Information