Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that can work in the new small ball era?

Im expecting 20-22minutes from Timmy this season. Hes old, but hes still human.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes would have to re-sign first. He was non-tendered and is currently an UFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes would have to re-sign first. He was non-tendered and is currently an UFA.
    We don't know that. It seems likely but we don't know that. Doesn't appear teams are required to declare that quite yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Splitter was the one guarding Dirk Aldridge and Griffin. Aldridge takes that role. On offense, the way we play high/low, the post need be interchangeable with motion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't know that. It seems likely but we don't know that. Doesn't appear teams are required to declare that quite yet.
    June 30th was the deadline to tender QOs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    June 30th was the deadline to tender QOs.
    Ahh I figured since it hadn't been reported. So who did we QO? Just Green and KL? Has that been reported?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Be patient my friend. We are 1 day into Free Agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh I figured since it hadn't been reported. So who did we QO? Just Green and KL? Has that been reported?
    Leonard and Joseph. Green wasn't eligible. I read it here, not sure where it was reported.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This, assuming LA is locked up, is the next interesting story. How do they address the hole at C. Baynes is not a sufficient answer for 26 minutes a game, and no one else on the roster fits, so I am sure they've got some contingencies going. Wonder what we're in store for, there.

Last year, the point guard situation was precarious. Patty's injury caused Parker to play too many minutes. He broke down possibly due to that. Patty or Parker healthy might have been worth one more win. One more win, and a healthy Parker, changes seeding, and possibly playoff outcomes. For want of a nail the kingdom was lost.

We gonna wear out Duncan or land a serviceable C, I wonder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, assuming LA is locked up, is the next interesting story. How do they address the hole at C. Baynes is not a sufficient answer for 26 minutes a game, and no one else on the roster fits, so I am sure they've got some contingencies going. Wonder what we're in store for, there.

Last year, the point guard situation was precarious. Patty's injury caused Parker to play too many minutes. He broke down possibly due to that. Patty or Parker healthy might have been worth one more win. One more win, and a healthy Parker, changes seeding, and possibly playoff outcomes. For want of a nail the kingdom was lost.

i'm sure we can go small and run kawhi at the 4. Also we have or may acquire foreign big rights. I'm not worried. Go with best available talent over position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we need a backup center and we probably going to loose Benelli so we need a SG who can handle the ball and is a good passer. We will really need to manage Timmy and Manu minutes so we nees good backups for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two words................ Erazem Lorbek

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line: if Aldridge is signed using cap space, then the Spurs won't be able to offer Baynes more than the minimum. That probably won't get it done. I'm assuming that the room exception will be used for Manu.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm sure we can go small and run kawhi at the 4. Also we have or may acquire foreign big rights. I'm not worried. Go with best available talent over position.
    Yes. Small will work sometimes. Still think we'll need a good backup C. And, SG is the next most interesting need, which is a holdover somewhat from last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line: if Aldridge is signed using cap space, then the Spurs won't be able to offer Baynes more than the minimum. That probably won't get it done. I'm assuming that the room exception will be used for Manu.
    That kid from UMass and possibly Lorbek? Color me uninspired. Especially if we can't bring back Mills or CoJo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see if Spurs got Tavares from the Hawks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We better get him cause if Bayne walks we are screwed at the center position

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Baynes is coming back if Aldridge is signed... unless Manu retires and the Spurs use the room exception on Baynes instead.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need Baynes cheap. He aint Hakeem, but he can get dirty inside and is completely expendable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Backup 5 is not a worry. The Warriors just won a championship with a 6'5" C. Given the amount of smallball we'll be playing we'll only need a 4th big for about 10mins a night, and we'll be able to find someone to plug that hole.

Oh, and Timmy won't be playing "20-22 mins". He'll play 28-32 when he plays, and sit 10 games against easy beats. Have you people not been paying attention?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Baynes is coming back if Aldridge is signed... unless Manu retires and the Spurs use the room exception on Baynes instead.
    Baynes cap hold is only $1.1m. With the expanded cap who knows if they can fit that much in. If Duncan signs the exception and manu signs for the min then it is possible that they keep Baynes and one of Belli or Cojo in the same way.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That kid from UMass and possibly Lorbek? Color me uninspired. Especially if we can't bring back Mills or CoJo
    omg you did not just go there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    omg you did not just go there
    <shrug> bring over Bertans?

I'm fresh out of answers but it's clear that the Spirs have their work cut out for them as far as getting a legit C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is a broken beanpole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd like to get Kosta Koufos

Thread Information