Page 47 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2258
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about the VanVleet signing I don't mind it, honestly. it's only 3 years and while its an overpay for him, he's still a very good player and actually fits well with their talent. It brings in a le winner who can help set good culture. But the Brooks signing undoes half the good of the VanVleet signing and holy at the Landale contract.
    I'm far from a fan of VanVleet, but if it was 2 years, I'd agree. They don't have much options and they need him to provide some leadership and structure. That third year may be costly though, it's a lot of money and might hurt them in the FA class of '25 that's projected to be very juicy. Works for us, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mention some kind of minimum games played from the get go. Mainly because I don’t see him as a consistent 30mpg player. If 62 is too high then what’s reasonable.

I’m not trying to be difficult but if this guy starts the season and gets injured after 30 games we really don’t get to see the point I was trying to make that he wasn’t going to sustain significant minutes over a full season.
    Ok I'm good with 50 games then. What happens if he plays under 50? A push?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Mrs. Body getting regulated

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    from dreaming of Wemby to paying 200M to Fred Van Vleet and Dillon ing Brooks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, dont know which sucks more:

The Rockets with tons of money/space - going after every swinging -

or

The Spurs with tons of money/space - and being petrified to spend any of it ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the most the Clippers could possibly offer Russ was $3.8MM this year, so it is a 2/8 deal. That's pretty good. Seems like Russ is accepting the fact that he needs to transition to a role player at this point in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll say my last bit on Mr. Bright Eyes, and I mean this sincerely and not just throwing names at each other.

- It's not that you guys, and too many of you guys, fall in love with players. We all do. That's part of being a fan.

- It's not even that you consistenly pick really bad choices to become obsessed. Like, it's almost guaranteed that a ST obsession will be a bad pick:

Tobias Harris
    Ben Simmons
    Deandre Ayton
    John Collins

These are the four biggest obsessions of ST in the last decade or whatever. And they are terrible, terrible picks their teams are desparate to move for years. Years. Yet every time they come up, the same people are obsessed with getting them.

At some point you have to legitimately question how you evaluate this stuff.

But... that's not the point. The obsession is. You're crying and breaking glass with your wails over not getting Mr. Bright Eyes. A lot of "this is the worst offseason ever" comments, "we're going to be terrible" comments. And I just know we're going to hear about Mr. Bright Eyes for a long, long time to come, because for some reason ST cannot leave these players alone -- along with the ones above.

So, it's not really the players a number of this board flocks to like pigeons, it's the obsession. I know you'll hate on me for saying so, for some reason, but it's really absurd.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Lakers got a steal for Reaves. Only 14M/yr and locked in for 4 years?? Wonder how much Jeanie paid Holt Jr not to make an offer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or

I'm pretty sure it's the Sprockets...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Reaves knew the lakers would match there’s literally no reason for him not to sign an offer sheet with someone else

his agents failed to extract an offer. At least he got a player option in year 4. He may as well decline it now
    A good agent would have at least made him wait to accept it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to suggest Jock as a guy to give a nice one year to, but the Rockets have gone plaid.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or

Maybe. Most of the signings look like iffy fits for us at best for too much money -- OTOH we're going to end up crossing the floor finish line with a Mo Bamba signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m genuinely baffled at what the Rockets are doing.
    They are literally doing what many Spurs fans seem to wish the Spurs would do: Draft for the sake of drafting and spend cap money for the sake of spending.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll say my last bit on Mr. Bright Eyes, and I mean this sincerely and not just throwing names at each other.

- It's not that you guys, and too many of you guys, fall in love with players. We all do. That's part of being a fan.

- It's not even that you consistenly pick really bad choices to become obsessed. Like, it's almost guaranteed that a ST obsession will be a bad pick:

Tobias Harris
    Ben Simmons
    Deandre Ayton
    John Collins

These are the four biggest obsessions of ST in the last decade or whatever. And they are terrible, terrible picks their teams are desparate to move for years. Years. Yet every time they come up, the same people are obsessed with getting them.

But... that's not the point. The obsession is. You're crying and breaking glass with your wails over not getting Mr. Bright Eyes. A lot of "this is the worst offseason ever" comments, "we're going to be terrible" comments. And I just know we're going to hear about Mr. Bright Eyes for a long, long time to come, because for some reason ST cannot leave these players alone -- along with the ones above.

So, it's not really the players a number of this board flocks to like pigeons, it's the obsession. I know you'll hate on me for saying so, for some reason, but it's really absurd.
    I hope this is my last post on the topic (so I'll keep it short). You're moving the goal posts again and trying to gloss over it with past players that some on the board wanted.

Hardly anyone here expected us to be able to get Reaves. Would we be happy if we signed him and LA didn't match? Absolutely.... but we're not upset we didnt get him...we're upset that we didn't sign him and force LA to choose between paying more and hurting their cap 3 years from now or pissing off their fanbase now. That's what it boils down to, so you're missing it when you keep claiming everyone is "crying over not getting a player".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or

definitely the Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or

We can revisit when the Spurs get an opportunity to really improve the team and possess the resources to make it happen.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok I'm good with 50 games then. What happens if he plays under 50? A push?
    Yeah a push.

So here’s the wager.

200 dollars.

Reaves has to average 30.0 mpg or greater. Minimum 50 games.

If the Lakers end the season as a bottom 10 team tied or worse it’s a push.

If he plays less that 50 games it’s a push.

Do you want a provision if he’s traded?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tobias Harris
    Ben Simmons
    Deandre Ayton
    John Collins

there;s always a counterfactual that a player with obvious talent could be worth it under a different teams . collins has his finger injury ayton was feuding with the team , simmons had been an obv talent before his injury/mental breakdown, whiseman was still on his rookie deal

at the time we were also talent starved and getting a return on Murray and White would have ben fair value. The pics we got instead are nice and could be better, but won't mature for several years. waiting for things has it's costs. remember that getting wemby was a great luck and without him we'd be more desperate for talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herro is a negative asset. Going to need some first round compensation and I still won't like it.
    a guy who averages 20/5/4 while shooting '44% 38% on threes ( 8 per game) on a playoff team is negative ? Contract is huge but i can't call this guy a negative asset
    Maybe not for someone out there, but his team just made the finals replacing him with undrafted guys, so that's not a ringing endorsement to his contribution. He's overrated, overpaid, and I wouldn't build a contender with him as a core piece. If Miami uses him to get Lillard, that's twice a win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Lakers got a steal for Reaves. Only 14M/yr and locked in for 4 years?? Wonder how much Jeanie paid Holt Jr not to make an offer.
    I read that the 4th year was a PO. Still a great value deal.

Spurs should make a max offer when he declines the PO in 3 years. Mr. Body, you agree?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not the year for the spurs to break the bank in free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I poke bears" to avoiding the media the rest of the series after sucking thoroughly even though you were left unguarded? Yep, sounds like a Rocket.

Thread Information