Page 192 of 329 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 8203
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he is not the sexy pick but your getting a guy who could be a great backup to Wemby and could also play alongside side him in certain situations. In this draft class I will take a a good backup with Raptors pick someone who could be a great backup or even win you some games as a starter if Wemby is out. Also, he has a very high ball IQ and he is a compe or who definitely does not like to loose so he fits with Wemby timeline
    Why does he have a high bbiq? People tend to throw that nonsesne out for every unathletic white guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't follow all these guys like some of you but why isn't Dalton Knecht higher on peoples list?
    It's because of his age...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. McDaniels is overrated, but in this draft, if you said to me right now he'll be that in 3ish years, I'd take it and run.

I see it as unlikely Buzelis or Williams are as good or better and expect a similar development track.

Link? If that's more than a rumor/speculation, he's obviously out as a candidate.
    He's talking about Primo, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because of his age...
    which is a re ed argument. "oh I'm only going to get 8-10 good years out of him instead of 2-4 ty years and 8-10 good years"

no more ing teenagers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which is a re ed argument. "oh I'm only going to get 8-10 good years out of him instead of 2-4 ty years and 8-10 good years"

no more ing teenagers
    That’s not the argument against older players. The argument is that you are getting him at a level much closer to his ceiling. So with Knecht, you have a guy far more experienced than his peers, more physically developed. He’s expected to be among the best players on the floor in college. But how much more development and improvement can you project? He’s not going to physically grow anymore (contrast with talk about how Wemby will inevitably fill up some)

it’s not to say nba experience doesn’t make you better. Can look at Derrick white who was always pretty good but has nevertheless taken a leap. But he does a lot of the same things he did by year 2 or so, just more consistently. But compare that to dejounte who was drafted young and really transformed his game into something pretty unrecognizable from his rookie year

it’s one of the reasons Sheppard is more intriguing than Kolek. By freshman year he already shows high bball iq, good passing skills, etc, to make him a very high impact player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't follow all these guys like some of you but why isn't Dalton Knecht higher on peoples list?
    I’d say age, skin colour, perceptions and stereotypes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another piss poor game by Zaccharie

23 minutes
    0-5 3pt
    6 pts
    27.3% fg
    3 rebounds
    2 assists
    1 turnover

but this is the guy we should trade up for if the Spurs don’t get a high enough pick.

It’s quite a large sample size already, but even at this point we’re still giving him excuses saying things like, “yOu dRaFt FoR tHe PotEnTiAl”.

I’ll reiterate that I’m not opposed to drafting the guy. I’m opposed to the idea that any sacrifice should be made to try to draft him (trading up, losing games, etc) as if he’s a high level prospect. He’s at best a Sochan or Vassell-level prospect. With the Raptors pick, I’ll be happy to take him.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-01-2024 at 07:14 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not the argument against older players. The argument is that you are getting him at a level much closer to his ceiling. So with Knecht, you have a guy far more experienced than his peers, more physically developed. He’s expected to be among the best players on the floor in college. But how much more development and improvement can you project? He’s not going to physically grow anymore (contrast with talk about how Wemby will inevitably fill up some)

it’s not to say nba experience doesn’t make you better. Can look at Derrick white who was always pretty good but has nevertheless taken a leap. But he does a lot of the same things he did by year 2 or so, just more consistently. But compare that to dejounte who was drafted young and really transformed his game into something pretty unrecognizable from his rookie year

it’s one of the reasons Sheppard is more intriguing than Kolek. By freshman year he already shows high bball iq, good passing skills, etc, to make him a very high impact player.
    100% spot on. That said, in this draft I think it means less than most other years simply because of all the issues other players have in their games..
    Last edited by mo7888; 04-01-2024 at 08:27 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another piss poor game by Zaccharie

23 minutes
    0-5 3pt
    6 pts
    27.3% fg
    3 rebounds
    2 assists
    1 turnover

but this is the guy we should trade up for if the Spurs don’t get a high enough pick.

It’s quite a large sample size already, but even at this point we’re still giving him excuses saying things like, “yOu dRaFt FoR tHe PotEnTiAl”.

I’ll reiterate that I’m not opposed to drafting the guy. I’m opposed to the idea that any sacrifice should be made to try to draft him (trading up, losing games, etc) as if he’s a high level prospect. He’s at best a Sochan or Vassell-level prospect. With the Raptors pick, I’ll be happy to take him.
    Who's saying trade up for him? He's at the top of my board Nd several other boards, but there's nobody in this draft that is worth trading up for in the top 10, where the cost to do so is significant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's saying trade up for him? He's at the top of my board Nd several other boards, but there's nobody in this draft that is worth trading up for in the top 10, where the cost to do so is significant.
    I’m not going to call the dude out because I’m not trying to pick a fight. The guy can be a little hostile sometimes depending on his mood.

at this point, Zaccharie could murder a guy and he’d still be at the top of your board. I’m convinced nothing can knock him off if this many games where he’s sucking can’t.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Risacher keeps this trend he might be available with the Toronto pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Duarte has entered the chat…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not going to call the dude out because I’m not trying to pick a fight. The guy can be a little hostile sometimes depending on his mood.

at this point, Zaccharie could murder a guy and he’d still be at the top of your board. I’m convinced nothing can knock him off if this many games where he’s sucking can’t.
    Gotcha... I hadn't seen anybody push trading up for him...

As for my board, all he's got to do to get knocked down is for somebody else to step up.... That hasn't happened... Risacher is pretty low risk, high floor guy who'll benefit offensively from NBA spacing. He's got a decent ceiling, but not as much as Buzelis or Topic. Short term numbers seem to exacerbate feelings about players around here... Dilly has a few good games and we should elevate the midget to the top of the draft? Topic gets hurt after 2 bad games and shuts it down so he's now outta the mix at the top? Castle's team is playing well so give him the benefit of other peoples effort? Projections aren't based on some short term result or how a particular player fits with a certain team he's playing on at the time. You know this... I get he's not your 'guy', but in this draft he's as good as any.... I get that this isnt a ringing endorsement for him, but there's literally nobody that has clearly separated themselves. My top tier is:

1. Zaccharie Risacher
    2. Alex Sarr
    3. Nikola Topic
    4. Matas Buzelis

If i were putting together a Spurs BB it'd be:

1a. Nikola Topic
    1b. Matas Buzelis
    3. Zaccharie Risacher

My reasoning is that the difference in their ceilings is greater than the difference in their floors in the way I project them. If you see it differently then that's fine, but let's not pretend like any player is this drafts top 10 is far and away better/worse than anyone else.
    Last edited by mo7888; 04-01-2024 at 08:29 AM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd still keep Sochan for the bench if they draft Sarr. He's cheap and doesn't have much trade value so might as well hold onto him another year or two and see if he improves.
    I have no problem with Sochan coming off the bench. But looks like the Spurs have him locked in as their current and future pf and won't consider anyone else. They need to justify his top ten pick so they will just keep playing him.

Sarr is the top pick in this draft for every team because he has the most upside star potential.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's such a terrible draft where all the top prospects have had stretches that would kill their stock in any normal year. Every other top prospect coming into the year like Topic, Sarr, Holland, Williams, Buzelis, Walters, Collier, etc has been extremely underwhelming for extended stretches and even the new guys taking some of those spots like Dillingham and Sheppard have had some embarrassing disappearances. So as as Risacher has been playing lately there really is little option for taking anyone who has been consistent unless you think Edey can guard anyone or Knecht has the upside to be worth a top 5 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One other positive about Risacher is the reported very close relationship his family has with Wemby's family. If you are worried about keeping Wemby happy and 2 prospects are close on your board it seems that taking Risacher just for the added benefit of the Wemby woody needs to be taken into consideration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Risacher keeps this trend he might be available with the Toronto pick
    Or in the secound round... I guess that's where you try to focus on potential, IQ, fundamentals and stuff over stats, although he'll never be stat a guy and 16pts, 5.5 rbds per 36mn, at 35% behind the arc, over the season, is still decent for a kid his age.

You should never have expected a future superstar with Risacher but he's been cooling off a bit the second part of the season. Could be some kind of rookie wall, playing in a pro league. Maybe he should have pulled a Topic, and stop playing after two awful Euroleague games cos "muh, my knee" (then maybe suddenly reappear when there's no more Euroleague games to play)...
    Last edited by JPB; 04-01-2024 at 08:54 AM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just take Cam Spencer in the second round if you want a white player who is primarily a shooter instead of burning a top lottery pick on Knecht.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still believe Risacher is spursy, and yeah, would get along on and off the floor with Vic, as a facilitator and 3pt threat and even hopefully 3&D guy. Now it's true he may not have been worth a top 3 pick in many other drafts, but who is this year?

And we already have our superstar. If Risacher can become some type of Bobo/Batum/Finley elite role player during Wemby's prime with the spurs that's fine, get your other star(s) via trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One other positive about Risacher is the reported very close relationship his family has with Wemby's family. If you are worried about keeping Wemby happy and 2 prospects are close on your board it seems that taking Risacher just for the added benefit of the Wemby woody needs to be taken into consideration.
    I actually don’t care about that at all. The Spurs flat traded Antonio Daniels and Malik Rose, two of Tim’s best buds on the team, so I don’t think they do, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don’t care about that at all. The Spurs flat traded Antonio Daniels and Malik Rose, two of Tim’s best buds on the team, so I don’t think they do, either.
    Sure but it is 2024 not 2004. Lebron and co. made their work and it's a players' league now, you want your franchise player happy or he asks for a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still believe Risacher is spursy, and yeah, would get along on and off the floor with Vic, as a facilitator and 3pt threat and even hopefully 3&D guy. Now it's true he may not have been worth a top 3 pick in many other drafts, but who is this year?

And we already have our superstar. If Risacher can become some type of Bobo/Batum/Finley elite role player during Wemby's prime with the spurs that's fine, get your other star(s) via trades.
    18yo, still growing, learning pro life, starting to be scouted etc

Imo even if he loses financially he’d win not being drafted too high. He looks like a long time project that needs to develop without pressure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little fun fact: Knecht is older than Anthony Edwards.

Regarding Risacher, you had to wonder if he hasn't hit some kind of "rookie wall". Last year, Wembanyama's team was only playing french league while this season Risacher is playing both french and european league. One of the possible explanation on why he has sucked for a couple of months, is that all these games/practices/travel got to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but it is 2024 not 2004. Lebron and co. made their work and it's a players' league now, you want your franchise player happy or he asks for a trade.
    Be careful what you wish for.

If you don't draft Sidy Cissoco, Wemby probably doesn't care.

But if Cissoko is on the Spurs and you cut him (which they may) that might be worse.

Thread Information