Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite player on the summer league roster (excluding wemby). He needs to be on the team

Indubitable Super Saiyan Cloud786's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow = David West on offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That‘s a good comparison

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice comp. Agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the first team is resting then

WEemby, Barlow, Champ, Malawi and Tre is not bad hmm.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the lack of space to convert to standard this off season, i'm guessing the compromise will be to re-sign on a two-way and if he maintains/further progresses, they'll revisit it post trade deadline if they've cleared out some roster space or at the latest the following off season.

Impressed with his improvisation in the DHO game. Instead of just handing off every time, he keeps the defense off balance with reverses and ball fakes into pull-up mid rangers or spin moves into layups.
    Last edited by TD 21; 07-13-2023 at 05:03 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he stays on a two way until we can do some trades but I am sure there is a wink wink deal in place I am not worried about loosing him. He knows he is in a very good place as we picked him when he was undrafted that shows we believe in him when others didn't and he seems to be a loyal type of guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he stays on a two way until we can do some trades but I am sure there is a wink wink deal in place I am not worried about loosing him. He knows he is in a very good place as we picked him when he was undrafted that shows we believe in him when others didn't and he seems to be a loyal type of guy
    I think so, too, as this will be one of the last seasons we’ll be able to carry contracts to barter at the deadline for assets and longer contracts. We caught kind of a break with Primo crashing and burning, causing no extension next summer, but the following year, we have THREE scheduled, so that will be the end of contract flipping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ten standout players from NBA Summer League

Champ's photo was used but he didn't make their list, Dom did.

Everyone came to Spurs games to watch Wembanyama, but many people left impressed with Barlow, too.

Barlow was on a two-way contract with the Spurs last season after being undrafted out of Overtime Elite, but he looks like someone the Spurs need t lock up with a roster spot contract (at the minimum or close to it, but still) before another team grabs him. Barlow had 17 points and six rebounds against the Trail Blazers, comes with an NBA body, and could be another success story for the Spurs' development program.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ten-sta...000655407.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow turning out to be everything we’d hope Samanic to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's easily a rotation player right now. He's making strides quickly

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hoping he keeps impoving....Would be awesome to have another young big along side wemby

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't want to overreact to a few summer league games, but Barlow seems to have made huge strides. He was so lost during the regular season. He looks so much more comfortable and his mid range game has been revelatory. They need to get him under contract, but it's crazy how many really young dudes they have on this roster. Almost half the roster can't even drink legally.

Wemby 19
    Sidy 19
    Sochan 20
    Barlow 20
    Branham 20
    Wesley 20
    Champagnie 22
    Bassey 22
    Vassell 22
    Keldon 23

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow turning out to be everything we’d hope Samanic to be.
    Wut lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Versatile switchable big tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Versatile switchable big tbh
    The hopes for Samanic were very different tbh. Especially offensively. Don’t think we ever saw him as a C type

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the guy's GOTTA be a keeper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs will need to figure out how to keep this group under contract. Which is why I like the Bassey and Champagnie contracts. Barlow needs to be locked up into that kind of deal as well, cause at some point we will have to let some of these guys go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs will need to figure out how to keep this group under contract. Which is why I like the Bassey and Champagnie contracts. Barlow needs to be locked up into that kind of deal as well, cause at some point we will have to let some of these guys go.
    think more people are going to be moved than we think between now and the start of next season. especially if we wind up with 3 first rounders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to see it against NBA compe ion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hopes for Samanic were very different tbh. Especially offensively. Don’t think we ever saw him as a C type
    The read was Samanic had the tools but none of the motivation. Barlow seems to have the tools and a drive.

There so much talent in the league now that you want players who keep improving year after year.

Barlow seemed to have gotten stronger and that's a good sign.

Wesley is problematic because the needle doesn't seem to have moved in terms of gaining more skill. He obviously is quick but he's still making mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Barlow but it wouldn’t hurt to also practice outside shooting. His mid-range is already reliable but if he could extend to the arch on occassions, would be great. But already I’m a fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Samanic was that “modern mobile big with guard skills” who can stretch the floor. Although I have to admit, he could post during those Bubble League or whatever it was called and seemed to be the best player on the court. Still hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have also liked Barlow because mostly of his reported at ude. He is quick on his feet and just has that will to improve. A little worried about his shooting form though, it looks like a push shot, maybe not as ugly as Bill Cartwright's but he seems to push it up high over his head, then flicks it with his wrists. He's definitely making them, but I am not sure how that would extend his range.

Thread Information