My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre has to play 48 minutes?
    Sure why not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs will be a bottom team or that close. I've been watching other games. Houston looks absolutely awful. Orlando is better, but not terribly good. Etc. The Spurs will beat some good teams, in addition.

I do see a win streak coming up.
    that is exactly the problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that is exactly the problem
    I think we kind of fetishize top draft picks. Just as often they're albatross contracts forcing bad decisions (Wiseman, Ayton) or they don't do anything for you. Houston has a basket of top picks and they're awful. Orlando has been picking high for years and they're still bad. Detroit sucks. Charlotte sucks. Sacramento is bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando, Detroit, and Sacramento are notoriously bad front offices though. PATFO even with all their critics are still miles above those 3 franchises in building a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we kind of fetishize top draft picks. Just as often they're albatross contracts forcing bad decisions (Wiseman, Ayton) or they don't do anything for you. Houston has a basket of top picks and they're awful. Orlando has been picking high for years and they're still bad. Detroit sucks. Charlotte sucks. Sacramento is bad.
    I don't know why sniffers always want to compare the Spurs to incompetent front offices. And then you go and compare the best draft class of the last 5 years to the worst draft classes in the past 5 years. Like WTF? It's not rocket science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why sniffers always want to compare the Spurs to incompetent front offices. And then you go and compare the best draft class of the last 5 years to the worst draft classes in the past 5 years. Like WTF? It's not rocket science
    Have no idea what that's supposed to mean, but go on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks is the most physical perimeter defender in the league (it's not an accident that he has the highest foul rate for all perimeter players). Last night, the refs were allowing the teams to be physical -- which played a part in KJ struggling. But, yeah, KJ still has room to grow in terms of drawing fouls and getting to the line. With the type of defense being played against him last night, KJ could have lived even more on the line if he played his cards right.
    KJ will definitely learn from that game. At one point he really seemed scared ... when Brooks came close KJ immediately fumbled the ball because all he could think of I have to get rid of this. And it was good that Vassell was able to take over the scoring so we already have a two-headed snake in the making!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is safe unless he suffers another serious injury. If he returns in a month or so and keeps producing at his previous pace, he's too good to release when you can just keep him on a one-year, $7 million contract.
    So dont see a situation where having the 7M in space makes sense? What if you land a top 2 pick and can land 2 larger FA fish to push immediately for playoffs due to lure of the young talent + ability to be maxed out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So dont see a situation where having the 7M in space makes sense? What if you land a top 2 pick and can land 2 larger FA fish to push immediately for playoffs due to lure of the young talent + ability to be maxed out?
    His contract becomes guaranteed after the draft, IIRC, so that makes it difficult to waive him. It's not like they can release him during the free agency period if they find someone better because the decision is due before free agency even begins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract becomes guaranteed after the draft, IIRC, so that makes it difficult to waive him. It's not like they can release him during the free agency period if they find someone better because the decision is due before free agency even begins.
    And to add to that we are struggling to allocate cap space to begin with; it will take alot for Zollins’ option not being exercised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see who would want to come here, so Zollins million should not be a problem. Spurs would probably still be under the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I operate under the assumption that teams know a lot more (due to tampering) than before FA actually begins (hence deals being done 1 minute into FA lol) - but sure. If SA thinks hes that good? But if you land a top 3 pick and think you can land big FA and vault right back to PO with young core? Hes not someone that should stand in way. But that may be an unlikely scenario.

Thread Information