Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are Nbadan's Predictions for 2005

1. Gas Prices - Gas prices will continue to fluctuate between 1.50 and 2.00 per gallon, but a short-term crisis could raise the price of oil to close to 3.00-4.00 per gallon in some parts of the country. It will be a harsh winter in the East with home heating costs eating up much of people's expendable income. Some will perish from trying to save money on heating costs in freezing temperatures. Some businesses and government buildings will be forced to close to conserve electricity and heating oil. Old man winter will bring the NE to a virtual standstill for days and it will be difficult to meet the demand of heating costs. For some reason, I'm seeing the Ohio region to be especially susceptible for a catastrophe.

The demand for oil from India's and China's growing infrastructure will continue forcing gas prices to increase dramatically by the end of the year. Expect to be paying 2.00 average if not more. The oil wars of Afghanistan and Iraq will spread to more countries surrounding the Caspian Sea region, including likely Iran. A successful terrorist attack on Saudi Arabia's oil infrastructure could be the catalyst that sends oil prices souring.

2. Guantanamo Bay - The abuse and torture that has been hidden at the U.S. base will continue to be exposed and the administration will continue to take the brunt of the blame with a "wink and a nod" approach blaming rouge soldiers and lower level commanders who took orders to extremes. Ultimately, the torture that has gone on at Guantanamo bay will make Abu Gharib seem mild in comparison. World courts could take Donald Rumsfeld, Cheney and other members of W's cabinet to trial for war crimes in absentee. There could ultimately be warrants out for members of this administration that forces them to stay in the U.S. for fear of being arrested and extradited to the Hague.

3. More Hurricanes, Earthquakes and Tsunamis - While what has happened in Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and other parts of that region this past week is a great tragedy, I'm afraid that this is just the beginning of deadly earth changes that will spawn increasingly ferocious hurricanes, volcanoes, earthquakes and even tsunamis throughout 2005. Hurricane season will come back with a fury in 2005 and once again Florida will bear the brunt of the destruction, but Gulf coastal cities won't be speared this time. Expect either New Orleans, Galveston-Houston, or some part of the Texas coast to suffer a major storm with major damage.

4. Iraq - The elections will go off as planned if only because the current administration says they must, but there will be widespread violence that keeps millions of voters away from the polls. Sunni's will not vote giving much of the ruling power in Iraq to Shiite and Kurd and helping to propel Sunni controlled areas into chaos at the Sunni thought of being controlled Shiites. The U.S. will ultimately withdraw from Sunni controlled areas in Iraq, but that won't happen until the U.S. loses thousands more men to the failed coalition war effort. Instead of conceding defeat, W will ultimately declare the war a strategic victory while calling the less-than-full election in Iraq a complete success in his plan to 'plant the seeds of democracy in the Middle East".

The Kurds will seek autonomy from the rest of Iraq, but that will be quickly scuttled by the White House. Reconstruction of Iraq's infrastructure will continue at a snails pace as the insurgency continues to grow. By the end of the year there will be 10x's the number of insurgents there are today as coalition forces continue to draw more moderate Arabs in the fray.

5. Eli Lilly & Company-Gate - The F.D.A. under the current administration has become more of a rubber stamp agency for the pharmaceutical companies rather than a governmental regulatory agency that's supposed to protect the people, thanks in large part to the industries large campaign donations to Republican causes and W's Presidential campaign. FDA rubber-stamped drugs like Vioxx causes heart problems, Celebrix and Prozac are under the publicity gun after a number of deaths, and to make matters even more interesting, Micheal Moore is planning to shine a light on the administrations corrupt relationship with drug makers in his next film tentatively led - Fahrenheit 911 1/2.

6. Mad Cow Disease (BSE) Found In U.S. Cattle - With two confirmed cases of mad cow disease in Canadian cattle now being admitted too, meat that may have been inadvertently sold in U.S. markets, it's no longer a matter of when Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) will infect U.S. cattle, but how bad the chronic degenerative disorder gets before the public is notified that we may have a problem. Thousands of cattle may have to be sacraficed by a industry that will do whatever is necessary to regulate and save itself.

7. Military Conscription Begins in Summer of 05 - Those of you who have read my past posts already know that this is a prediction I have seen coming in 05 for more than 2 years, and considering the dubious, current situation in Iraq, I have no doubt that we are only a few months away from mobilizing local draft boards and the full reinstatement of military conscription beginning with 20 year olds. Unfortunately, this may be proceeded by a devastating terrorist attack on American Naval forces, possibly in the Persian Gulf or out in open water, and possibly involving a silk-worm type missile or torpedo. This attack will be all the justification that the administration needs to mobilize American forces after the unprecedented attack is pinned on either Iran, North Korea, or Syria by the NeoCon controlled, new-and-improved C.I.A..

(to be concluded tomarrow)....
    Last edited by Nbadan; 01-04-2005 at 05:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. gas prices... 10-15 years ago we were paying an average on 1.10-1.20... how the could we expect to be paying that same amount now?

2. members of the bush cabinet being tried in absentia, not being allowed to travel around the world... wtf are you smoking??? will NEVER happen...

3. it's very likely... we'll hope that is doesn't happen though..

4. i think we'll see a huge number of iraqis go to the polls..the elections i'm sure will have a few terrorist acts... they will not be as peaceful as the afghani elections a few months ago. they will go ahead as planned.

remember, the iraqi people want a free and peaceful country...it is the foreign terrorists and saddam supporters who lost everything that are doing all the damage. it is not the regular iraqi citizens...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5. For some strange reason, Dan has dissappeared from the forum and readers are no longer subjected to his daily loom and gloom. Scientists are at a loss to explain this strange phenomon but attribute it to the recent tsunamis. Since the earthquake, Dan has shifted 20 meters to the "right" and has tilted on his axis or at least wobbled a little. This is strange indeed. Who woulda thought? There are rumors abound that he will appear again one day and it will be called the second coming of the "biased apostle". Since his time in exile, he lost approximately 250 pounds and is just a s of the spouter he used to be. So let it be written. So let it be!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict that Bucky E. Katt will get his ass kicked by the Ferret, a monkey, or both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Updated)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5. the FDA is currently the most restrictive governmental agency of its sort. that is why many people go overseas once drugs in the u.s don't work.

6. BSE spreading is a fact of global business. it is not as dangerous as it seems either. It has been in europe for quite some time now and not everyone in europe has bse. as long as you don't eat anything from the spinal cord or brain you can safely eat a cow that has mad cow disease.

7. not going to happen. we have so many people signing up that the military doesn't even want people with GEDs. The military only provides a small number of waivers for GEDs per recruiting area. If they are being so selective then the draft is far off.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5. For some strange reason, Dan has dissappeared from the forum and readers are no longer subjected to his daily loom and gloom. Scientists are at a loss to explain this strange phenomon but attribute it to the recent tsunamis. Since the earthquake, Dan has shifted 20 meters to the "right" and has tilted on his axis or at least wobbled a little. This is strange indeed. Who woulda thought? There are rumors abound that he will appear again one day and it will be called the second coming of the "biased apostle". Since his time in exile, he lost approximately 250 pounds and is just a s of the spouter he used to be. So let it be written. So let it be!
    This has already come to pass in Yoni-world.

Today 04:04 AM
    Nbadan: This user is on your Ignore List.
    See?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

If you want to be a little with RG's predictions I wonder why you never bumped this tastic set?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also face, you can't count. 7 =! 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, before anyone gives him even partial credit for #3 - you don't get to say that some part of Florida or the Gulf Coast will experience a Hurricane during Hurricane season and count it as a correct prediction unless I get to predict that the sky will be blue and count it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I predict a presidential election within the next 4 years!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Furthermore, the candidate elected will be either a Democrat or a Republican.

Book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Book it.
    I predict someone on a messageboard somewhere will about the winner for 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

If you want to be a little with RG's predictions I wonder why you never bumped this tastic set?
    I was right on almost every prediction, but I don't expect a monkey like you to actually do some research before slipping on your banana...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, before anyone gives him even partial credit for #3 - you don't get to say that some part of Florida or the Gulf Coast will experience a Hurricane during Hurricane season and count it as a correct prediction unless I get to predict that the sky will be blue and count it.

You would have a point if Galveston and New Orleans had not been obliterated by Rita and Katrina respectively....do you do any research...I told exactly which cities would get hit more than 6 months before they got hit....your not to good at this, are you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but Gulf coastal cities won't be speared this time. Expect either New Orleans, Galveston-Houston, or some part of the Texas coast to suffer a major storm with major damage.
    How many years since 05 have both TX and New Orleans been hit by powerful storms in the same year.....your a joke....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3.00-4.00 per gallon in some parts of the country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DA rubber-stamped drugs like Vioxx causes heart problems, Celebrix and Prozac are under the publicity gun after a number of deaths
    n 2005 Eli Lilly and Co. agreed to plead guilty to a federal misdemeanor and pay $36 million to settle charges that it illegally marketed and promoted its Evista osteoporosis drug for two unapproved uses.
    wiki

You get the gist....No need to continue....making Manny look stupid is too easy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Book it.
    I get it...this is Kinda like RG's prediction that oil prices will go up

Duh!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many years since 05 have both TX and New Orleans been hit by powerful storms in the same year.....your a joke....
    Do you know what the word OR means? Here's a hint, it doesn't equal AND.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW how many more huge tsunamis did we have in 05? How did that draft go?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did predictions 8,9, and 10 go?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You would have a point if Galveston and New Orleans had not been obliterated by Rita and Katrina respectively....do you do any research...I told exactly which cities would get hit more than 6 months before they got hit....your not to good at this, are you?

Rita didn't hit Galveston much less obliterate it.

No wonder your predictions suck. 6 years after the fact you don't even know what happens, how the are you going to know beforehand?!??!!?!?!?!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Galveston -- Two historic residences and a commercial building burned. One building destroyed. A restaurant wall collapsed. Wind blew off the roof of a multi-story hotel downtown. The Galveston Daily News, which lost part of its roof, reports that a woman was severely burned and a firefighter received a minor eye injury.
    http://articles.cnn.com/2005-09-24/u...amage?_s=PM:US

Holy talk about obliterated!!!!!!

Dumb ass, the hurricane you're thinking about is Ike. It happened in 2008.

Thread Information