Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
    Guest Personality
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    o Spurs fans

For openers I’ll say I’ve came to engage you not only as an individual opposing but fun loving fan { Cavaliers } as well as a basketball purist.

Enjoying what I see of the lively crowd and insightful fan base here. The pleasure we can share is that this is going to be a fun series for all the proverbial marbles. Where like what you’ll see on the court let’s have some engaging fun like you’ll never forget,.. and by all means lets match wits going toe to toe and have fun with it.

Off the Tip:

Recording the first points to get this game going in an engaging manner of transitional offense and defense. Off the spot up and getting back on defense I’m calling the shot that the Spurs are going down,..catch that out the net.

The show headliner for the Cavaliers is none other than LeBron James and there’s no question about it. The key to beating the Cavaliers is trying to stop him and I don’t see that as a reality for the Spurs. Not that he does one thing so well but as such a complete force he does everything well,..he’s the most complete and dominant force in the game nobody has a defense that can shut him down.

Where the key to beating the Spurs is by Tim Duncan getting trapped on the low blocks. Which will force Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and a more limited Michael Finley to try to beat the defense and make a victory happen,... and they won’t be able to do it.

The only way the Spurs win this series is if it comes down to clipboard coaching. Which is to say Greg Popovich knows his players via skills sets considerably better than Cavaliers coach Mike Brown does,.. yet neither are genuinely masterful coaches.

Beyond that summation the equation of this series will hinge upon athleticism and where LeBron James is the best in the business. What many of you don’t realize yet is he’s also coming loaded with a number of team mates. Who you’ll become familiar with their names and abilities discovering that there are some not at all shabby attack artists serving as opportunist henchmen,.. he’ll set the stage and the costars will deliver the defeat to you.

On breakdown

To introduce you to those players by name and matchup, lets start from the outside in,.. and just like and how the Spurs will be beaten.

Larry Hughes –vs- Tony Parker

Hughes is hobbled by the foot injury but as a long bodied opponent. He’s a savvy defender that plays anticipation better than any backcourt player that made the playoff field. The minutes he’ll log denying Parker the paint will force Parker to look and shoot from the perimeter. Where on the offensive attack Parker will need help to contest the things Hughes does well and if his shot from beyond the arc is on. Parker will be softened up for a rookie named Daniel Gibson who’s a blistering shot artist with range,.. don’t let ESPN joke writers fool you saying Parker will loom large.

Sasha Pavlovic –vs- Micheal Finley

Where as spurs fans you’re in love with Manu Ginobili in contrast you’re going to hate Sasha. Not because he’s a dirty player. But because he’s in the Ginobili mold by way of skills set but he’s a better athlete,.. plenty good enough just not fully developed yet.

Where against a now slower and more limited Finley, you’ll draw the correlation and where Finley will be badgered on the perimeter he’ll be denied the paint and Sasha is the Cavaliers 2 best range shooter on the team. In his athletic versatility he’s also punishing on aggressively dictating his own lane penetration,.. Ginobili will get the call to try to oppose him EARLY.

LeBron James –vs- Bruce Bowen

Where beyond saying there’s no question on who takes this matchup. Fact is Bowen will need all the help he can get trying to do the impossible. Where if his tactics of not allowing shooters to come down cleanly off the shot along with his elbows, kneeing and tripping. If the ref's call it clean not only will Bowen will get demoralized early he might find himself ejected from the frustration and embarrassment,.. absolute cookout in this pairing.

Drew Gooden –vs- Tim Duncan

Give Duncan the favor but it’s not by much and Drew will need some trapping help to get and keep Duncan off launching shots from his sweet spots. On the other side of the ball Duncan will have to chase Gooden as a floating and pop out shooter that can light it up in the 15 foot range of the basket,... Goodens not Amare Stoudimire but you’re going to be surprised at how much more dominant than Gooden he ISN’T.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas –vs- Fabricio Oberto

This is the mismatch of where the fire of the smoke out tactics will blaze. Where not a physical pivot what you’re going to see and what Oberto is going to catch trying to defend. Is Ilgauskas displaying that once Shaq departed the playoff field he’s the most prolific scoring center in the fray.

The tactic of limiting his minutes to hide him against the Nuggets and the Suns. Will be the same retreat he’ll be fit for trying to defend a 7’3 TALL ball artist with a shot range that can heat up from 18 feet.

Then the reserves will come into play

As for big’s Robert Horry can’t the energy of an athletic Anderson Varejao and Matt Bonner won’t be able to out play Donyell Marshall either.

Where in the way of back and sidecourt support Manu Ginobili will score but not in a game deciding manner. Which Beno Udrih and Brent Barry will have to work overtime to try to get their not nearly as athletic looks. Getting caught up in a firefight with bombardiers Daniel Gibson and Damon Jones with Eric Snow as a stopper,.. if the brick launching Jacque Vaughn dares hit the floor longer than 10 minutes he’ll get absolutely exploited.

Where somewhere within all that LeBron James will be setting his team mates up and or might feel the need to give you the Motown experience,.. he’s fresh off having stormed the palace and don’t think he’s scared to show you how the West will be won.

I'm not merely just a basketball fan I'm also a genuine HoopsCzar and trust me. LeBron's in your town and you're all going to witness a King hold court and leave you awestruck,..now who wants some?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I laughed...

Guest Personality
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

GREAT,..

Laugh now while you can, right before your Spurs get knocked out,..Ding, ding, ding.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give Duncan the favor but it’s not by much
    that's all i needed to read. i really do respect this cleveland team, but not this cleveland fan's opinion.

stackin chips breakin ankles AnkleBreaker21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn i wish game 1 would ing start already

Guest Personality
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    that's all i needed to read. i really do respect this cleveland team, but not this cleveland fan's opinion.

Hey Cole,..

Is that your name or what cha got for Christmas there buddy?,...

Guest Personality
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    damn i wish game 1 would ing start already
    Me too,..

But being on the other side of LeBron's wrath be careful what cha ask for there smokey. Cuz we're only a few hours away from the tip and once it starts,..BLAM !!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better hope the pressure doesnt get your boy, its a whole new game in the finals

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cavfan picks cavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Cole,..

Is that your name or what cha got for Christmas there buddy?,...
    With these types of jokes, no wonder Drew Carey is a legend back in his hometown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, talk about homers. Comparing Sasha the hack to Manu and Gooden to Duncan or even Amare is absolutely hideous. You should be shot in both eyes as punishment for that.

A hobbled Hughes and the rookie Gibson are going to stop Parker? Are you ing kidding me? As someone around Texas HS basketball and a fan and alumni of UT I know Gibson. I know that you challenge his shots and he'll brick enough to get gun shy. He won't be seeing the looks this time.

This will be a nice thread to bump for fun reading after the Spurs take it 4-1.

edit: This has to be a Spurs fan joking around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God that was annoying verbiage. I felt like I was reading some bad pop art editorial.

Guest Personality
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    better hope the pressure doesnt get your boy, its a whole new game in the finals
    Pressure?

Pressure wha?,.. pressure Who?,.. LeBron?

Man this is for all the marble's and that youngman is beyond a compe or he perspires go juice and attacks the game like C4.

He's played his amateur career in arena's with sold out capacities. That were larger than the college and pro teams who's courts had to be seized in order to accommodate. All the witness's that wanted to watch him reign order on the court.

Pistons fans tried a little of everything to distract him and it got them immortalized as the opponents he recorded that game 5 highlight baptism on.

He's only 22 but on the court he plays like he's been there before. Enjoy seeing him up close and personal because I loved when Magic, Bird and Jordan came to town just to watch how easy they made it look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the marble's what?

Apostrophe apocalypse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron's a great penetrator and finisher with the right hand with a decent yet streaky shot and excellent passing skills. He's not good at posting up and, though improved defensively, is still not a great defender. He's basically gone from to decent on defense. He's no king or savior, he's another player on a team who's overall team weaknesses of outside shooting, no point guard, no dominant inside scorer, and limited slashing ability outside of Lebron will be exploited by a team with all of those plus more depth, better defense, better transition offense, and homecourt advantage.

In other words... son, welcome to the destruction of the Cavs.

Guest Personality
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Jesus, talk about homers. Comparing Sasha the hack to Manu and Gooden to Duncan or even Amare is absolutely hideous. You should be shot in both eyes as punishment for that.

A hobbled Hughes and the rookie Gibson are going to stop Parker? Are you ing kidding me? As someone around Texas HS basketball and a fan and alumni of UT I know Gibson. I know that you challenge his shots and he'll brick enough to get gun shy. He won't be seeing the looks this time.

This will be a nice thread to bump for fun reading after the Spurs take it 4-1.

edit: This has to be a Spurs fan joking around.

Ohhh no,..

Gibson's not going to be your problem remember the name Sasha Pavlovic. It's going to be a team effort and after you see that forewarning come to fruition.

I bet by game 2 when it's time for the Spurs to take the floor for game 3 in the CLE. You're either going to have dropped or started crying in your Beer.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice if these Cavs fans would stop raping our language.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your first language?

Maybe you could write in that and we could babelfish it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still hate the sun's trolls more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I might hate this guy if I could make out what he was saying though.

Guest Personality
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    God that was annoying verbiage. I felt like I was reading some bad pop art editorial.
    Yep,..

Then you realized the art wasn't abstract it's still life and a masterpiece delivered that unwrapped your Spurs luvin bubble getting popped,..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron's a great penetrator and finisher with the right hand with a decent yet streaky shot and excellent passing skills. He's not good at posting up and, though improved defensively, is still not a great defender. He's basically gone from to decent on defense. He's no king or savior, he's another player on a team who's overall team weaknesses of outside shooting, no point guard, no dominant inside scorer, and limited slashing ability outside of Lebron will be exploited by a team with all of those plus more depth, better defense, better transition offense, and homecourt advantage.

In other words... son, welcome to the destruction of the Cavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still trying to figure out whether he's a Spurs troll in disguise or a really really really bad Cavs fan.

At least try to make your opinions completely unbiased.

Guest Personality
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yeah, I might hate this guy if I could make out what he was saying though.
    Hey Einstien,..

I said a WHOLE lot more than,..Dughhhh

Thread Information