Post Count
    NBA Team
    Indiana Pacers
    One down...

Crowned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They have a local show at noon on Saturday called 'the sports grind' and those guys are great. They have a ton of knowledge and actually talk sports. I'd hope they get a drive time shot soon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    King, I know you're not there anymore, but do you know if Jim Bob Breazaele is still working there (either intern or employed)?

Crowned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    King, I know you're not there anymore, but do you know if Jim Bob Breazaele is still working there (either intern or employed)?
    Pretty sure he is. I know he ran the board a few times for Sports Grind, but also was doing on field reporting from Cowboys camp at the dome, and that was only like a week ago.

And he was employed, never an intern.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    From Blaze's link ...

August 13, 2007
    Vexler gone from Ticket 760

"Effective immediately, Jeff Vexler is no longer with KTKR," stated a memo distributed to Clear Channel employees late Monday.

It went on to say that Walter Pasacrita, Vexler's co-host of "Sports Talk San Antonio," would continue to helm the Ticket 760 show from 3 to 7 p.m.

Clear Channel-San Antonio's operations manager George King did not elaborate on the cir stances of Vexler's exit. The station memo, however, went on to read: "We wish Jeff the best in his future."

Vexler was not on Monday's edition of "Sports Talk;" Pasacrita hosted it solo.

The departure happened some four months after the duo made headlines over a controversial skit that ran on the Ticket show.

"Sports Talk's" executive producer, Eric Gray, was let go over the skit, which included a fabricated interview with Denver Nuggets guard Allen Iverson and included talk of drugs, sexual references involving "Mexican" women on the River Walk and the accidental shooting of a homeless man who turned out to be an "illegal alien."

Though the Spurs reacted by cutting ties with Vexler and Pasacrita, the hosts received no apparent discipline over the incident.

Well that's not exactly correct - they were in the locker room etc during the latter rounds of the playoffs, so their ties weren't cut.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    From Blaze's link ...

August 13, 2007
    Vexler gone from Ticket 760

"Effective immediately, Jeff Vexler is no longer with KTKR," stated a memo distributed to Clear Channel employees late Monday.

It went on to say that Walter Pasacrita, Vexler's co-host of "Sports Talk San Antonio," would continue to helm the Ticket 760 show from 3 to 7 p.m.

Clear Channel-San Antonio's operations manager George King did not elaborate on the cir stances of Vexler's exit. The station memo, however, went on to read: "We wish Jeff the best in his future."

Vexler was not on Monday's edition of "Sports Talk;" Pasacrita hosted it solo.

Damn!!

They have a local show at noon on Saturday called 'the sports grind' and those guys are great. They have a ton of knowledge and actually talk sports. I'd hope they get a drive time shot soon.
    Yeah I like these guys!!

I would was kind of hoping they would put them in the Morning or Afternoon Drive Show

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    but do you know if Jim Bob Breazaele is still working there (either intern or employed)?
    Yes, Walter said "Jim Bob Breazaele was taking your phone calls"

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Nice, now if they get rid of Walter, they'll be like a real sports channel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Yes, Walter said "Jim Bob Breazaele was taking your phone calls"
    Cool. Thanks, Taco.

Jim Bob and I worked together at The Star briefly and he's also the voice of the Bobcats. He's the PA guy for football and basketball. Good buddy, good guy to hang with.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    __________________________________^ RACK!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Chris Duel posted this reply to Jakle's column:

"Jeff Vexler is a huge talent. I've know him since he first arrived at Clear Channel. His sports knowledge, delivery and passion for San Antonio sports are exceptional. I am stunned that Ticket 760 would blow out such a superstar."

Chris needs to put away the bong and wake up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    its a great day and i can't help but feel we all played a part. for those fighting the good fight...thank you.

how the is walter still around?...surely he is next.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Chris Duel posted this reply to Jakle's column:

"Jeff Vexler is a huge talent. I've know him since he first arrived at Clear Channel. His sports knowledge, delivery and passion for San Antonio sports are exceptional. I am stunned that Ticket 760 would blow out such a superstar."

Chris needs to put away the bong and wake up.
    no , what the is that guy smoking? good for a laugh though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pooh-
    ...thanks for the update and pm. you are a gentleman and a scholar.

you da man,
    JGW

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    im just a stub...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    how's sports talk in San Antonio these days?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    how's sports talk in San Antonio these days?

I dont listen for any extended period anymore. But headed home everyday I put it on just long enough to see what that moron's talking about and for the past week plus, it's been non-stop Cowboys....sounds like that's all he really knows.

If I didn't know better...I'd swear there was no NBA team here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I dont listen for any extended period anymore. But headed home everyday I put it on just long enough to see what that moron'stalking about and for the past week plus, it's been non-stop Cowboys....sounds like that's all he really knows.

If I didn't know better...I'd swear there was no NBA team here
    THAT ABOUT SUM'S IT UP

Thread Information