Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ...i did not know where else to post this.

but what is up with ticket 760 and it's horrible sports talk lineup. first, i don't understand why we only have one sports talk station. and second, why do sports games have to be broadcast on the only station we have for sports talk (excluding spurs and what ever other teams are on 1200 or some other station). that makes...zero sense. then there is no sports talk and if you want to listen to sports its some game you could care less about.

as for the actually lineup:

1. charlie and chance...wth? could anyone know less about sports? these guys are like listening to nails on a chalkboard...stfu

2. the morning extravaganza...it's fine. it's not like it use to be with tony bruno, but it's OK

3. jim rome...not a bad show. his schtick gets old at times, but then he has his moments where his interviews and takes are quite interesting or even funny. but his show has gotten a little old over the years, imo. and please stop it with the replacements and all the other crap you try to peddle

4. the drive...the only guy on sports talk that tries to be more politically correct than jim rome. i mean enough is enough already. his takes on sports are poor and i am always happy when he is on assignment and replaced in studio

5. STSA...oh-my-gosh. shoot me in the ing head. whomever gave these guys this radio show needs to be shot and then run over....twice. it is a close race between these two buffoons and charlie and chance for the worst sports radio show ever. how long do people have to be subjected to this crap...if i wanted to listen non-sports topics, stupidity, and complete garbage, i'd listen to my girlfriend

6. craig sheemon and james washington...don't care enough to really even comment on them. not sure if they even still have this slot though, might have moved to another on FSR...either way

7. J.T. the Brick...Thank the Lord! this guy is great. i love his takes, he has energy and is always fun to listen to with decent takes

8. jorge sedano....not bad. from what i have heard, i did not dislike him. not a bad personality

9. steve czaban...not bad either. could be better, but definitely listenable

...thats the weekday list and i don't listen as much on the weekends, so i won't comment. i use to love listening to Tony Bruno on FSR with the Extravaganza but of course he has moved to sporting news radio. Bruno does play on AM 1420 and i always listen to him from 9-12, it just stinks that it is a new braunfels station and not as clear or strong as 760 is. but i think Bruno is the best. always fresh, best interviews, doesn't talk about himself (not seriously at least), hilarious, and covers a wide range of topics that always goes back to sports. his show works, imo.

...of course this leaves me with 760 from 12-3 until i can go back to the Tim Brando show on SNR. and then there is the spanier show after that which is actually not bad. is it me or does SNR just blow FSR out of the water? and how can new braunfels have their lineup and not us?

...another point is that on ticket 760 some yahoo said that the reason they go with local talent in the morning and STSA on the drive home is that it is what the callers want. well i seriously hope that is not the case, cause that is just amazing if thats true. i hate to use the word stupid and i am not calling anyone that but, man, thats stupid. how could anyone want to listen to this crap.

...anway, thank goodness for am 1420. i just wish it came in clearer...maybe i'll just move to XM or sirious and say to with it all.
    Last edited by johngateswhiteley; 05-21-2006 at 04:41 AM.

Suck it Chrissy Poo. Dre>Parker's Avatar
    America. That great country Texas wants no part of.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    john = playa fo life

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    john = playa fo life

LOL. are you on the nuggs board? if there's an obvious answer you'll have to forgive me.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    WGAF. Buy satellite or turn it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Send email to the program director or find one of the 1000+ existing Charlie Parker complaint thread.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    WGAF. Buy satellite or turn it.
    wow. that was the type of incredible response i expected. thanks anyway.

...the problem, as already discussed, is that there are no other options but a fuzzy reception to 1420 and i have not bought satellite yet. and though this is somewhat of a rant i am seriously appalled at the local radio talent and lineup decisions and cannot help but wonder what in the world is going on? i am new to this forum and did not know of any other threads about this topic, nor do i know if anyone knows a) why these guys are on the air b) how these guys got the job? i seriously want to know, and if anyone else feels the same way?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Live with it. It's what SA has.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    either listen to it or change the channel

nobody is forcing you to listen.

like the lady said, buy satellite, or turn it!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    PDG & KEDA-
    ...apparently you two do not know how to read. i am well aware of the options; that is not why i posted it. what is it with people? either they hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see, or read what they want to read. witw?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Walter sucks. Can't believe he got that job.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    there is no reason to if you know what the options are

I used to listen to the ticket, now I dont, Ill turn them on to get a little Spurs here and there, but 99% of the time its Satellite for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    PDG & KEDA-
    ...apparently you two do not know how to read. i am well aware of the options; that is not why i posted it. what is it with people? either they hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see, or read what they want to read. witw?
    I hear you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Have you tried calling the show?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The "Parker household"...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    another point is that on ticket 760 some yahoo said that the reason they go with local talent in the morning and STSA on the drive home is that it is what the callers want.
    I like local talent.

All national stuff gets boring after a while, cause one discussion runs into another.

It gets boring.

I listen to them only because they will talk spurs without the uninformed take of a national moron

"Well the Spurs might lose cause Duncan's foot is really bothering him"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    KEDA-
    ...looking for information also. do you have any?

DeeBo-
    ...calling the show to what end? and no i have not called the show, i don't really care to talk to those guys. my gym shorts know more about sports than they do.

T Park-
    ...there is more to sports out there than the spurs. i love the spurs to death, but i also follow other sports as well. i don't need a love fest from the local shows who know absolutely nothing about sports anyway. whats the point and who cares? (thats a rhetorical question)

You give great headache. Condemned 2 HelLA's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    3. jim rome...not a bad show. his schtick gets old at times, but then he has his moments where his interviews and takes are quite interesting or even funny. but his show has gotten a little old over the years, imo. and please stop it with the replacements and all the other crap you try to peddle
    No !
    That band is so totally beyond irrelevant, it defies description!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fire Charlie... and replace him with Kori

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fire Charlie... and replace him with Kori
    it does not even matter who you replace him with, but kori (though i don't know her) i am sure will be fine.

...i guess the main thing is that the national shows are just sooo much better. i could care less about local sports, especially when high school football and basketball are not even going on right now. hopefully one day they will just get rid of the local shows and go to SNR, or at the very least replace the current shoddy personel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "I could care less about local sports".. end quote...

WTF are you doing here then?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Chuck and Chance have no business being on drive time sports talk radio. They are the worst two radio hosts to ever discuss sports on the air. Vex and Walter are only slightly behind them in the ratings. I hate that I have to listen to FM radio shows in the morning but I've been forced to do so because I flat out refuse to pay for radio.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Oh, and Vashner, get off your soapbox.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Indiana Pacers
    As I have said many times before and will continue to say. Get rid of STSA and C&C, it's a waste of air time...period! And if FSR was smart, they'd unload J.T. The "Prick" as well. He's nothing but a over zealous obnoxious jerk, who think he's "Howard Stern" of the sports talk radio airwaves. Attention "Prick": 15:58, 57, etc.

The best FSR shows are Sedano (when's he's not got his head up the Miami Heat's ass) Czaban, Ben Maller, and Bruce Jacobs. I see that Jabba the Ashwood brought back Chuck Booms recently to do some overnight on the weekends. Did anyone catch him nearly breaking down into tears this past weekend about Barbaro? Please...pass the glue, that's where Barbaro is heading.

P.S. I'm not "back". I just happened to see a topic that caught my eye and posted...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    You need to get the station to pick up Colin Cowherd. IMO it is the best national sports talk radio. He does not try to be politically correct.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You need to get the station to pick up Colin Cowherd. IMO it is the best national sports talk radio. He does not try to be politically correct.

who is colin cowherd and where can i get him? is on xm or sirius or something?

...i suppose i could just google it, but give me your opinion on him.

Thread Information