Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A member of the audience with the words 'Tap This' taped on her jeans walks out of the room as Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, not pictured, speaks at Georgetown University Law School Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2006. Answering the Bush administration's critics, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said Tuesday that warrantless surveillance is critical to prevent another terrorist attack within the United States. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)

And more.....

Members of the audience stand up and turn their backs on Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, rear, as he speaks at Georgetown University Law School Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2006. Answering the Bush administration's critics, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said Tuesday that warrantless surveillance is critical to prevent another terrorist attack within the United States. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)

Members of the audience, some wearing black hoods, stand up and turn their backs on Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, rear center, as he speaks at Georgetown University Law School Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2006. Answering the Bush administration's critics, Gonzales said Tuesday that warrantless surveillance is critical to prevent another terrorist attack within the United States. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)

Yahoo News

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he ended up tapping that girl's ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he ended up tapping that girl's ass.
    She's a bit of a chunky.

But you know what they say "better to bang a chunky than to spank the monkey."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^I don't think he was that stupid or "hard" up. But guess she can
    always keep wishing someone would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's a bit of a chunky.

But you know what they say "better to bang a chunky than to spank the monkey."

Yes, they do say that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^They Do. Pray tell who is "they".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. I think the phrase orginally came from the Bible. Some of the original meaning has been lost during the translation of the phrase from Hebrew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. I think the phrase orginally came from the Bible. Some of the original meaning has been lost during the translation of the phrase from Hebrew.

O-boy, here we go again. Never mind I don't want to know.

OG, you started all this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ass-tappers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a secret society?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now wait, is it the Ass-tappers? or is it the Ass-tapers?

I'd think that, in this cir stance, both would seem to favor the axiom, in some form or another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now wait, is it the Ass-tappers? or is it the Ass-tapers?

I'd think that, in this cir stance, both would seem to favor the axiom, in some form or another.

Hard to say really. If you "tape" the ass, you couldn't "tap" it very effectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, without regard to the merits of their complaint (for the time being), I have to say that the rhetorical strategy of the students is brilliant here.

Rather than face the sign to Gonzalez, they face it to the back of the room so that a camera can get both the sign and Gonzalez in one shot. All about that juxtaposition.

Doesn't look like too many in the front of that room were interested in Gonzalez's explanations, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say really. If you "tape" the ass, you couldn't "tap" it very effectively.
    But if you tape the ass and happen to be chunky, then you could certainly favor what "they" say about the notion that "its better to bang a chunky than to spank the monkey."

It's all about solicitation, I think.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, without regard to the merits of their complaint (for the time being), I have to say that the rhetorical strategy of the students is brilliant here.

Rather than face the sign to Gonzalez, they face it to the back of the room so that a camera can get both the sign and Gonzalez in one shot. All about that juxtaposition.

Doesn't look like too many in the front of that room were interested in Gonzalez's explanations, either.
    Now all their pictures and names will be on the enemies list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now all their pictures and names will be on the enemies list.
    Undoubtedly. But they made their point, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House Dismissed '02 Surveillance Proposal

By Dan Eggen
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, January 26, 2006; A04

The Bush administration rejected a 2002 Senate proposal that would have made it easier for FBI agents to obtain surveillance warrants in terrorism cases, concluding that the system was working well and that it would likely be uncons utional to lower the legal standard.

( Since when is dubya/ head/gonzalez worried about the Cons ution? )

The proposed legislation by Sen. Mike DeWine (R-Ohio) would have allowed the FBI to obtain surveillance warrants for non-U.S. citizens if they had a "reasonable su ion" they were connected to terrorism -- a lower standard than the "probable cause" requirement in the statute that governs the warrants.

The administration has contended that it launched a secret program of warrantless domestic eavesdropping by the National Security Agency in part because of the time it takes to obtain such secret warrants from federal judges under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

The wiretapping program, ordered by President Bush in 2001, is used when intelligence agents have a "reasonable basis to believe" that a target is tied to al Qaeda or related groups, according to recent statements by administration officials. It can be used on U.S. citizens as well as foreign nationals, without court oversight.

Democrats and national security law experts who oppose the NSA program say the Justice Department's opposition to the DeWine legislation seriously undermines arguments by Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales and others, who have said the NSA spying is cons utional and that surveillance warrants are often too bersome to obtain.

"It's entirely inconsistent with their current position," said Philip B. Heymann, a deputy attorney general in the Clinton administration who teaches law at Harvard University. "The only reason to do what they've been doing is because they wanted a lower standard than 'probable cause.' A member of Congress offered that to them, but they turned it down."

( Like the Palestinians who refuse peace offers from the Israel since the Palestinians must rip peace from Isreali hearts, head has his agenda have vastly expanding/unbalancing Exec powers, and even refuses help in doing so from his enemy of the Exec branch, Congress. )

But Justice Department officials disagreed, saying the standard the department opposed in 2002 is legally different from the one used by the NSA.

"The FISA 'probable cause' standard is essentially the same as the 'reasonable basis' standard used in the terrorist surveillance program," said spokeswoman Tasia Scolinos, using the term for the NSA program the White House has adopted. "The 'reasonable su ion' standard, which is lower than both of these, is not used in either program."

Justice officials also said that even under a different standard, the process of obtaining a surveillance warrant would take longer than is necessary for the NSA to efficiently track suspected terrorists.

The DeWine amendment -- first highlighted this week by Internet blogger Glenn Greenwald and widely publicized yesterday by the Project on Government Secrecy, an arm of the Federation of American Scientists -- is the latest point of contention in a fierce political and legal battle over the NSA monitoring program.

Many Democrats and some Republicans, along with legal experts from both sides, have criticized the program as a clear violation of the 1978 FISA law, which makes it a crime to conduct domestic surveillance without a criminal or intelligence warrant. The administration argues that Bush acted legally under the congressional authorization to use military force against al Qaeda, and that FISA would be uncons utional if it constrains his power as commander in chief.

During separate appearances this week, Gonzales and Gen. Michael V. Hayden, the deputy intelligence chief, also said the legal requirements under FISA made it difficult for intelligence agents to act quickly enough in many cases.

Under the NSA program, Hayden said, "the trigger is quicker and a bit softer than it is for a FISA warrant."

During Senate debate over DeWine's amendment in July 2002, James A. Baker, the Justice Department's counsel for intelligence policy, said in a statement that the Bush administration did not support the proposal "because the proposed change raises both significant legal and practical issues."

Baker said it was "not clear cut" whether the proposal would "pass cons utional muster," and "we could potentially put at risk ongoing investigations and prosecutions" if the amendment was later struck down by the courts. He also said Justice had been using FISA aggressively and played down the notion that the probable cause standard was too high.

A DeWine spokesman declined to comment on the issue yesterday.

Also yesterday, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) sent a list of 15 sharply worded questions to Gonzales in preparation for a Feb. 6 hearing on the legality of the NSA program. Specter asks, among other things, why the government did not ask Congress for new legislation to allow the spying.

© 2006 The Washington Post Company

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's the kind of hard hitting coverage you can only get at Wonkette.com...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone's found their 15 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yessirreee, putting the Spurstalk political forum in the national political spotlight!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all are on the watchlist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all better be careful about tapping suggestions. BushCo's position is that the 2001 law passed right after 9/11 gives him a blank check. That is, Bush gets

"to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on Sept. 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States."

Maybe that allows him to "tap this".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all better be careful about tapping suggestions. BushCo's position is that the 2001 law passed right after 9/11 gives him a blank check. That is, Bush gets

"to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on Sept. 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States."

Maybe that allows him to "tap this".
    Hey, looky here sonny. I was for getting a court order for wiretaps before I was against it. I love to spread freedoms. And if You ain't with me, then your with the French, and I don't like french bread too much.

We must put an end to terra. In doing so, we must wiretap ourseleves to get these converstations out of harms way.
    God Bless America.
    Last edited by George W Bush; 02-07-2006 at 03:38 PM.

Thread Information