My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is to post quotes & updates on how the team leader (or leaders) are managing their newfound role as they navigate through the season.

Likely leader(s) this year: KJ, Vassell, and maybe Poeltl

Let’s see how their teammates respond and how these guys develop as leaders of the team this year.

Will the locker room bond this year? Or clash? Time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year, Murray become the undisputed leader after 5-10 games through being the go to guy down the stretch. This year, how many games will it take? Have they already chosen that guy? Will someone rise to the occasion as the defacto leader?

Has KJ already become it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome thread idea, thanks!

There is some fresh and positive energy on this team.
    It will be fun to watch that aspect develop this season.
    And, maybe, this can be a thread that doesn't devolve into politics and personal arguments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be an interesting thing to keep up on. I am mentally prepared for a bad year in pursuit of Wemby but do have concerns about how losing gets old and the impact this can end up having on the players whether in manifests itself as wanting out or worse, acceptance of losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Tre will be a leader for us. He's the PG on the team. It's a natural leadership position, plus I think he's going to be a nice surprise at 13 ppg and 7 apg

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I think Tre will be a leader for us. He's the PG on the team. It's a natural leadership position, plus I think he's going to be a nice surprise at 13 ppg and 7 apg
    well, he sure does enjoy huddling the guys up on the court constantly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year, Murray become the undisputed leader after 5-10 games through being the go to guy down the stretch. This year, how many games will it take? Have they already chosen that guy? Will someone rise to the occasion as the defacto leader?

Has KJ already become it?

Kinda seemed like it based on seeing him pull Primo aside for a talk after the game against Utah. He's certainly more vocal than Vassell as well.

A positive dude like KJ is exactly who you want in leadership position during a tough year like we're about to have, in terms of Ws & Ls anyways.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn’t Pop already anointed Keldon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like Keldon being pushed into this role and having to mature more quickly because of the cir stances. Kid turned 23 three days ago. He’s a lead by example type of guy I feel like using his enthusiasm and energy. But as Lefty pointed out that clip with him pulling Primo to the side showed another type of leadership as well. I like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Keldon's team, with Vassell a quiet support. But I think Sochan will factor -- maybe not as explicit leader, but he's been mentioned (by Pop) as an always-upbeat, always-on guy who brings it every day. He's also a talker. While I don't think he'll be a leader in such terms, he's going to be a big locker room presence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It‘s Keldon. I‘d also say J-Rich as the vet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon but the real leader is who takes over in the clutch. That remains to be seen. DJ had abit of that last year.

Still i’m torn as this should be a two part thread… Leadership comes in many forms and a top notch tank commander would leave this franchise best positioned for the future. Pop looks like he is back on his coaching game so I guess McBooger is the true leader.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Keldon’s to lose. Primo’s to win?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG has to take the reins on this team whoever he is.

Thread Information