Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pdt Spurs Nation France JP le Requin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to know some stuff about TP's life...he opens his house to a french journalist...10 years after when he came to spurs...
    since...many things have changed

http://www.basketnews.net/asp.net/ma....aspx?id=13370

ps: sorry but its in french...go to school learn it ;-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Merci beaucoup. J'ai regardé quelques minutes, et je regarderai tout le video ce soir. Il est très long (!), mais il me semble intéressant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is for sure living large with a huge house and nice cars. His new girlfriend is hot too.

The part about how he has rebuild his jumpshot around his tear drop was interesting. Pop is too damn great coach. Details such as giving Parker books on leadership or introducing him to a financial adviser shows how great he is.

The biggest news about Parker was what he said about his left ankle. On the 3 main ligaments that hold the ankle, he only have one left. The good news that he seems to do fine with that given that he hasn't sprained it this past couple of years. Let's hope it will continue that this ed up ankle won't shorten his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quand tu vois la baraque qu'il s'est construite le salaud... on sent poindre une pe e melonite. Ceci dit, j'aime bien son discours, très down to earth et emprunt d'une certaine humilité.
    Il y a comme une contradiction entre l'image et le son !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest news about Parker was what he said about his left ankle. On the 3 main ligaments that hold the ankle, he only have one left. The good news that he seems to do fine with that given that he hasn't sprained it this past couple of years. Let's hope it will continue that this ed up ankle won't shorten his career.
    Holy sh*t. Since when?

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well all we need is his ligament to hold for 2 more seasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. Always nice to see a player from another perspective. A true professional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy sh*t. Since when?
    He didn't seem too worried though. He's committed to keep working on it by doing specific strength exercices around his ankle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well all we need is his ligament to hold for 2 more seasons
    not a joking matter!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really nice video!

Thanks for posting.

My favorite parts:
    - Tony talking about his physical preparation
    - About how much he likes San Antonio, not just the Spurs but the city itself.
    - His answer to NBA le or Olympic medal? (he says Olympic medal, but immediately goes on: "you know me in reality I want both")
    - the whole section with Chip
    - How Pop is always giving him books to read on leadership
    - His "contract negotiation room" in his new house is in the wine cellar, because Pop likes wine

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate being a monoglot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy sh*t. Since when?
    Parker sprained regularly his ankles since he plays basketball. He has had about 20 ankle sprains in his career. With all these sprains, his ankles are screwed. Parker is able to play at a high level by taking really care of his ankles but it's a sword of Damocles over his head. One day, he could get a huge ankle sprain that will basically end his career. His health situation is a big reason why the last year of his contract is only $3.5M guaranteed on a $12.5M salary.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really nice video!

Thanks for posting.

- His "contract negotiation room" in his new house is in the wine cellar, because Pop likes wine

I wonder if he has any of Pop's labels.

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice video about TP's private life. thanks for sharing

I did not know Tp has such a nice house and cars. On the other hand, I notice that Timmy and his wife Amy participed in his party in the video.

Is this possible for us to watch a video about Timmy's life like this TP's?
    I would love it if some people from the Virgin Islands came over a did a similar do entary about Timmy. Not quite the same media market as France though, so dream on. Though the ESPN (?) doc with Timmy back at his neighborhood basketball court is one of my favorites.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised no one's commented on Tony's remarks at the end of the video (46:27mark), while he and Pop are celebrating the 2003 le, Tony says "it's only the beginning, we've got 3 or more, 4 championships to go".

Who needs the 3 Kings when you have "Tony Le Prophet" actually coming through on his proclamations. If he and the Spurs able to wrap up another le this year, that would give Parker his "3 or more" since he made that comment.

Tony and les Spurs have inherently been blessed.

And is that Danny Green near the end of the video (45:40mark) saying "woo, that's a lot of cameras for a naked guy" as he steps out of the locker room showers and into a wall of media awaiting TP... too funny.

I'm liking how loose this team is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Tony's rap video, at the 27:39 mark, I see Horry and Timmy, but who are the two middle guys flanking TP? Barry?

Pdt Spurs Nation France JP le Requin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quand tu vois la baraque qu'il s'est construite le salaud... on sent poindre une pe e melonite. Ceci dit, j'aime bien son discours, très down to earth et emprunt d'une certaine humilité.
    Il y a comme une contradiction entre l'image et le son !
    glad everybody like this video..

Romain, je pense que toi aussi tu profiterais de la vie avec son salaire et avec toujours la possibilité d'avoir les pieds sur terre comme il a... on a vu bien pire ds mtv cribs avec les methodman, ice T etc....lol et de mauvais gout!
    après il a ses problèmes de riches ;-)

mais sinon qu'est ce que j'ai hâte de les voir soulever le trophée!!! je le sens bien cette année!!!
    j'ai vu une stat tout a l'heure disant que avec TP sur le terrain les spurs en sont a 43 victoires pr 4 defaites!!!!!!!!!!
    mais vu que pop a décider de le reposer 2/3 games pendant la saison....c'est hallucinant..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone add english sub les to this video, that would be awesome and much appreciated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any idea what him and Diaw were talking about on the phone while Parker was getting treatment on his legs, around 4:38 mark

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Tony's rap video, at the 27:39 mark, I see Horry and Timmy, but who are the two middle guys flanking TP? Barry?
    definitely Barry and I think Nazr on his right

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any idea what him and Diaw were talking about on the phone while Parker was getting treatment on his legs, around 4:38 mark
    Diaw wants to see this ostheopath as well but TP tells him he's with him and he's treated Joakim Noah earlier in the afternoon and he takes off at 4am, so he can't treat him. Diaw (who calls the osteopath a bas lol) tells him to come by his hotel which is close to the airport, then the osteopath offers Diaw to pay for the taxi if he comes to them, but accepts to come and see Diaw and sleep in his room before taking off
    basically all french athletes in the US seem to be fighting for his services (they say he's based in LA)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw wants to see this ostheopath as well but TP tells him he's with him and he's treated Joakim Noah earlier in the afternoon and he takes off at 4am, so he can't treat him. Diaw (who calls the osteopath a bas lol) tells him to come by his hotel which is close to the airport, then the osteopath offers Diaw to pay for the taxi if he comes to them, but accepts to come and see Diaw and sleep in his room before taking off
    basically all french athletes in the US seem to be fighting for his services (they say he's based in LA)
    Cool, also awesome trophy room Parker has at his house

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brent was in the video

Canal+ send 2 cameras for the video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    glad everybody like this video..

Romain, je pense que toi aussi tu profiterais de la vie avec son salaire et avec toujours la possibilité d'avoir les pieds sur terre comme il a... on a vu bien pire ds mtv cribs avec les methodman, ice T etc....lol et de mauvais gout!
    après il a ses problèmes de riches ;-)

mais sinon qu'est ce que j'ai hâte de les voir soulever le trophée!!! je le sens bien cette année!!!
    j'ai vu une stat tout a l'heure disant que avec TP sur le terrain les spurs en sont a 43 victoires pr 4 defaites!!!!!!!!!!
    mais vu que pop a décider de le reposer 2/3 games pendant la saison....c'est hallucinant..
    Tout à fait d'accord avec toi. C'est ce que je voulais dire.
    TP a parfois l'image du mec un peu prétentieux (c'est l'impression que ça peut donner quand on voit la façon dont il a aménagé sa baraque) alors que son discours est toujours très humble et simple. J'ai le même âge que lui et je suis vraiment impressionné par sa maturité et la façon dont il gère tout ce qui se passe autour de lui.

J'ai toujours adoré le joueur et je commence à vraiment aimer l'homme qu'il est devenu (rap mis à part!)

Entre Diaw qui débarque au Texas comme un lord, Parker qui rentre dans la division MVP, les Spurs qui joue la gagne NBA et les JO qui se profile... je crois qu'on vit une année 2012 pas dégueulasse hein !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys try to speak in English ! There is in the international forum a thread in French that is a bit dead. I'd love to discuss in French there !

For the rest, it is a really really nice video that helps to understand better TP but also the Spurs. Too bad there is no translation for English speaking people.

Thread Information