Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pop Rules
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who are on the misguided path of Islam is peaceful.

Here was a link provided to me about how not all muslims are terrorists.

http://www.freemuslims.org/

The were having this march against terrorism on Saturday, May 14th. A chunk of anti-terror Muslims were to appear.

http://medienkritik.typepad.com/blog...ainst_t_1.html

I'm glad a couple dozen are on our side. That makes me feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

Wake it up, peeps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are many "Christians" who love to hate and kill too.

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are many "Christians" who love to hate and kill too.
    It's a doctrinal difference JM.

The Koran advocates murder of infidels that refuse to convert or that defame Islam. New Testament Christianity (no matter what the "professed adherants" do) does not.

You can see the violent actions of Islamic extremists and point to a section of the Koran that justifies their actions. There are no such justifications for Christian extremists (such as those who murder abortion doctors, conduct inquisitions, etc...).

There just isn't scriptural support for violence in a Christian life. In Islam, it abounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a doctrinal difference JM.

The Koran advocates murder of infidels that refuse to convert or that defame Islam. New Testament Christianity (no matter what the "professed adherants" do) does not.

You can see the violent actions of Islamic extremists and point to a section of the Koran that justifies their actions. There are no such justifications for Christian extremists (such as those who murder abortion doctors, conduct inquisitions, etc...).

There just isn't scriptural support for violence in a Christian life. In Islam, it abounds.
    I'm not talking about scriptural support for violence for Christians.
    Bush didn't need it to start his war.

Pop Rules
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay on topic, dip .

I'm still waiting for all the flower tossers in the previous thread to spin this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay on topic, dip .

I'm still waiting for all the flower tossers in the previous thread to spin this.
    I was responding to the previous post dipwad.

No need to spin wiseone. Plenty of evidence of violence in the name of Christianity.

Pop Rules
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to spin wiseone. Plenty of evidence of violence in the name of Christianity
    THAT IS NOT THE TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Let me try again for the slow one. There was a thread that most Muslims are not peaceful. I said they aren't. During the thread a poster sent me to the free muslim site. He pointed out the march. I posted the massive turnout of the peaceful Muslims. There ain't any. This is the topic, flower tosser.

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. Saddam Hussein provided all the justification needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There just isn't scriptural support for violence in a Christian life.
    Now that's funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll offer a challenge. For every instance of the Koran "promoting" violence you can show me, I will match you with a quote from the Bible.

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll offer a challenge. For every instance of the Koran "promoting" violence you can show me, I will match you with a quote from the Bible.
    Only if it's from the New Testament. Deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny, you are quick enough to use the old testament to bash s and lezbos. You can't opt out of it now, hypocrite. Do you run around with your bible having the old testament ripped out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All religions are violent and controlling. They just go thru cycles of how violent and how controlling.

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny, you are quick enough to use the old testament to bash s and lezbos. You can't opt out of it now, hypocrite.
    How so? Name one Old Testament passage I've used to "bash s and lezbos." And, by the way, don't sexuals consider those derisive terms? So, who's doing the bashing?

Actually, most specific scripture regarding sexuality as an abnormal behavior and sinful is found in the New Testament. Frankly, I can't think of one mention from the Old Testament -- off the top of my head, anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leviticus. It's there along with the prohibitions against lobster and cheeseburgers.

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe I've ever quoted Leviticus in this forum...give us a lesson, will you?

Further, it appears you need to learn the difference between Judaism's use of the Pentateuch (which includes Leviticus) and New Testament theologic Christianity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You" can be a generic term of address to the relig-oids on the board. Lighten up, Yonivore. It's not all about you, man.

You still didn't answer about your bible. Does it only contain the New testament? If so, scott should be allowed to select only certain parts of the Quran for you to peruse.

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You" can be a generic term of address to the relig-oids on the board. Lighten up, Yonivore. It's not all about you, man.
    Well, since your "hypocrite" post...
    Funny, you are quick enough to use the old testament to bash s and lezbos. You can't opt out of it now, hypocrite. Do you run around with your bible having the old testament ripped out?
    ...followed mine, I assumed you were addressing me specifically. It seemed a fairly specific response to my post. Maybe not...
    You still didn't answer about your bible. Does it only contain the New testament? If so, scott should be allowed to select only certain parts of the Quran for you to peruse.
    Reformed faiths believe the Old Testament exists as a historical record of God's influence on earth. More important to Christians, it contains the prophecies fulfilled by the birth, life, death, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

So, if you don't understand the dynamics of New Testament theology, I'd say your out of your element. The Koran, on the other hand, was written at once -- through the prophet Mohammed and, to my knowledge, represents from the beginning to the end the will of Allah.

The Bible is a collection of books written over thousands of years...Old Testament before Christ and the New Testament after Christ...it is Christians that follow the teachings of the New Testament where the apostles and disciples wrote of Jesus Christ.

Read The Book of Romans for a quick course in Christianity...it might help you. Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still picking and chosing, which I think is OK, an ecclesiastical cafeteria plan as the Catholic heirarchy would say. Don't you think Muslims are capable of the same thing? Sure, there are sects like the Wahabi who are Quran literalists, just as there are biblical literalists amongst christians. Then there are the Sufis, who are a pretty different branch of Islam.

You resist my attempts to put you into a box with other Christians, yet support Idiot11's contention that there is only one flavor or box for Islam, the violent ers. Strange, and not very consistant.

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still picking and chosing, which I think is OK, an ecclesiastical cafeteria plan as the Catholic heirarchy would say. Don't you think Muslims are capable of the same thing? Sure, there are sects like the Wahabi who are Quran literalists, just as there are biblical literalists amongst christians. Then there are the Sufis, who are a pretty different branch of Islam.
    No, I'm trying to explain the various intepretations of the scriptures...from Old Testament to the Gospels.
    You resist my attempts to put you into a box with other Christians, yet support Idiot11's contention that there is only one flavor or box for Islam, the violent ers. Strange, and not very consistant.
    Obviously there are more than one "flavor" of Muslim. But, if you read the Koran, it would seem to me (as it does to the Islamic extremists) the non-violent Muslims are the ones not adhering to the Koran...

The difference in the two do ents are the span over which they were written. Mohammed wrote the entire Koran. The Bible had many authors over thousands of years.

Mohammed was a violent prophet.

Most of the authors of the New Testament were anything but.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously there are more than one "flavor" of Muslim. But, if you read the Koran, it would seem to me (as it does to the Islamic extremists) the non-violent Muslims are the ones not adhering to the Koran...
    It still comes down to literalists versus interpreters. Both books have passages that advocate violence, slavery, etc. Some people of either faith come to the conclusion that those are not good things. According to the logic above, you're not "adhering to the Bible", since you chose not to literally follow everything in the Old Testament. Since you also acknowledge that there are multiple flavors of Islam, it's hard to understand why you appear to support Idiot11 and his crusade against the Muslims.

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still comes down to literalists versus interpreters. Both books have passages that advocate violence, slavery, etc. Some people of either faith come to the conclusion that those are not good things. According to the logic above, you're not "adhering to the Bible", since you chose not to literally follow everything in the Old Testament. Since you also acknowledge that there are multiple flavors of Islam, it's hard to understand why you appear to support Idiot11 and his crusade against the Muslims.
    I don't know Idiot11...and, regarding your first two points, I give up...your ignorance wins.

But, two things stand out regarding the current state of the Muslim faith.

One. There are a whole lot of them across the globe killing innocent men, women, and children -- in the name of Allah.

Two. Those that aren't, aren't speaking out that adamantly against the actions of those that are. That, to me, is a failing of the whole faith.

I can see where the whole Muslim faith would get a black eye and I'm not on a crusade against anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One. There are a whole lot of them across the globe killing innocent men, women, and children -- in the name of Allah.
    I disagree. Out of 350 Million, I'd say it was a tiny fraction of a percent involved in any of this. One thing about any kind of terrorism is that it doesn't take many people to accomplish your goals.

Two. Those that aren't, aren't speaking out that adamantly against the actions of those that are. That, to me, is a failing of the whole faith.
    I agree with this. However, many of the infuriating things that were quoted from Muslims were hauntingly close to quotes from Fudamentalist Christians regarding abortion clinic bombings (Christian terrorism), things like "I don't support it, but I can understand why they do it." o, you just supported them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One. There are a whole lot of them across the globe killing innocent men, women, and children
    Where would this be?

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where would this be?
    I believe the words "Allah Akbar" have been heard on the voice recorders of at least one of the planes flown into the twin towers...as well as on many videotaped murders delivered to Al Jazeera from exotic places all over the Middle East and Northern Africa. Indonesia and the Phillipines have experienced terrorists acts from the "Allah Akbarians".

Don't be stupid.

Thread Information