Thanks. Anything on Duncan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Finley isn't saying he will be back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by spursdotcom; 04-29-2009 at 03:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you very much for the vids

Now PLEASE, Tell Pop to admit to his mistakes and to keep Bruce Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Finley isn't saying he will be back.
    If you were inclined to read between the lines, Finley's interview seems detached from the Spurs -- no "we need . . . " or "us," but lots of "the Spurs organization" and "them."

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD spoke with us for the final time this season last night during postgame.
    I thought so. Just hoping to get one last piece. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were inclined to read between the lines, Finley's interview seems detached from the Spurs -- no "we need . . . " or "us," but lots of "the Spurs organization" and "them."
    Yea, that's exactly what I thought. He kept saying "The Spurs organization" as if he were already on a different team.

Finally. I wouldn't mind Finley as a 10th option on the bench. But as long as he's on the team, he's going to continue to average big minutes despite not being productive since Pop seems intent on it for whatever reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good interview with Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finley might be the most professional player in Spurs history. Wouldn't mind him at all sticking with the Spurs organization.

But for the Spurs to have a shot of becoming a championship team next year, they need to find a way to get him off the team. Either him not picking up his option, him retiring, the Spurs buying him out or the Spurs trading him. I have no confidence in Pop to limit Finley's minutes so the only solution is for Finley to leave.

Sorry Fin, you gave a good effort. But that video gave me hope that he won't be back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought so. Just hoping to get one last piece. Thanks.
    No prob. my pleasure

Good interview with Pop
    Most at length interview I can remember in recent history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it working ? I try to play the move, but it is 3 sec long and reset...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finley is a great player and full of clutch. he has hit plenty of clutch shots including the one in phoenix during the first game of the first round in 2008. but popovich should not have made him the spurs' primary stopper. i think he definitely played his heart out this year but his age is catching up to him. i would like to see him come back but not as a starter who gets 30 minutes each night. but knowing popovich's fascination with finley, bowen aging, and the spurs' reliance of having ginobili come off the bench, it seems unlikely finley would be delegated to the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt Finley's gone. You can see it in his face, the way he shifts his eyes, and the tone of his voice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you very much for the vids

Now PLEASE, Tell Pop to admit to his mistakes and to keep Bruce Bowen.
    Bruce's and Pop's interview saddens me. They better not get rid of Bruce. He means so much to what Spurs basketball has been for a while.

Pop makes me think of this when he talks about how hard it is to tell a vet they gotta go. Was he in a way talking about Bruce? Fin? You could say he was just answering the question, but I think Don was talking about Bruce when asking this question. Pop had to have known that, when he was answering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listening to Pop, it sounds like he's ready to purge some vets and bring in some youngsters. He appears to have a good grip on reality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce's and Pop's interview saddens me. They better not get rid of Bruce. He means so much to what Spurs basketball has been for a while.

Pop makes me think of this when he talks about how hard it is to tell a vet they gotta go. Was he in a way talking about Bruce? Fin? You could say he was just answering the question, but I think Don was talking about Bruce when asking this question. Pop had to have known that, when he was answering.

I think Don might have been talking about Bruce, but I think Pop's answer was about things in general (maybe more so guys like Vaughn/Fin).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop's answer was about things in general.
    Exactly Don even prefaced the question with "I know you don't talk about specific or individual players."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plz bring Gist and Splitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Don might have been talking about Bruce, but I think Pop's answer was about things in general (maybe more so guys like Vaughn/Fin).
    Yea, it just saddens me if Bruce happens to be one of them that he could be talking about. For me, I admire Bruce the way I did DRob. It will effect me the same way if they cut him loose.

I mean, he didn't play him much most of the season, he very well could be talking about him too. I hope and pray Not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listening to Pop, it sounds like he's ready to purge some vets and bring in some youngsters. He appears to have a good grip on reality
    That's great, but let's hope that doesn't include Bruce in that purging.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    popovich made the correct decision in letting horry and barry walk last year. he does have the ability to say no to his veterans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to spursdotcom for great work with the interviews, practice footage and other advancements on Spurs.com this year. Great improvement and made the season much funner as a Spurs fan.

Any thought of you guys going out on the road during the regular season next year like you did during the playoffs? That'd be the ultimate.

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonderful job, the Pop interview was great, leaves me with a sense that they know they cannot just keep relying on old vets to get the job done.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's staggering how much more I like Duncan off the court than on it. That guy gives one of the 4 or 5 best interviews in the entire NBA, even in defeat.

Thread Information