Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, don't get too defensive yet guys... it's pretty obvious that we lack the firepower to get a lot of wins without ginobili, and I think that sending tony parker to portland for Rudy Fernandez, Nicolas Batum, and Travis Outlaw might seem like a pretty good trade. Any thoughts and/or ideas?

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a pretty fair trade, but you have to factor in duncan and ginobili's prime. this trade would be essentially wasting it. i have tough time swallowing that. on the flip side, this trade would add significant depth for both the present and more noticeably in the future.

parker is likely the future of this team at 26, so thats another problem.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    That is NOT a fair trade. I turn it down if I'm the Blazers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's a fair trade right now as Parker is a lot better than all those guys. If they all were to reach their potential and then the trade was on the table it would not be a fair trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly what i was thinking. Portland's a deep team, but some of those players will have to go sooner or later, there's NO way portland will be able to resign all of those guys. We're strictly gambling Parker with potential right now, and this trade like angelbelow said could make our bench significantly stronger for the years to come

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Parker is a proven player, and relatively young. He would definitely make Portland an even better team. But Rudy, Batum, and Troutlaw have shown flashes of greatness, and the Blazers should do everything they can to keep them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a proven player, and relatively young. He would definitely make Portland an even better team. But Rudy, Batum, and Troutlaw have shown flashes of greatness, and the Blazers should do everything they can to keep them.
    And none of them may ever get to Parker's level. Parker may not have gotten to Parker's best level yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from Parker, include JV and Boner. That should seal the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we include JV and Bonner, they should throw in Sergio Rodriguez too. We can have a argentina combo with manu and oberto along with the spanish connection with sergio and rudy!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Not fair for Portland. They lose all their small forward depth and a lot of athleticism on the wing. And, they add a point guard without trading one of their three away, so now their stuck with four point guards and one small forward (Webster) who really is more of a 2-guard and doesn't provide the same athleticism or explosiveness as Outlaw and Batum.

It would be one thing to ask for two of those players, but all three is too much for Portland to give up.

Maybe Batum, Bayless, Blake, and Frye for Parker if it worked financially.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope Batum and Fernandez at a minimum. That's two small forwards of unknown potential for 1 of the top 5 point guards in the NBA. Probably asking for Outlaw too is a bit much, but those other two would have to be the minimum before I start to listen.

No way I would trade Parker for Batum, Bayless, Blake and Frye.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Ok, and Portland laughs and hangs up the phone.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum, Bayless, Blake and Frye.

Four guys who have amounted to jack in the NBA, for a top 15 NBA player and a Finals MVP and 3 time Champion.

Spurs wouldnt do that. You have to throw in a guy who is a proven commodity, despite all the potential you may be getting.

Batum + Outlaw + Bayless

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Parker? You're mad! Seriously!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on guys, the little French is our best player, he is still young and could be dominant in this league, we only need some adjustment here and there, providing support to him and kicking his balls in those nights when he doesn't share the ball.

Tranding Tony, nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we include JV and Bonner, they should throw in Sergio Rodriguez too. We can have a argentina combo with manu and oberto along with the spanish connection with sergio and rudy!
    Then we would really suck. Im for getting rid of the guys who play once the season is over. Thats why we're 0-3 because of those Argentinians. Make all the trade gimmicks you want. But dont bring our spurs anymore players who will play at home once the season is over. Regardless if they're hurt or not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Parker is not going to be better in the future.He's not like Duncan or Manu.He doesn't have the same talent.Speed and quickness are his better skills and these skills are not going to improve with age.Maybe he's not much better shooter than when he was 22-23 and I'm not sure if he knows better the game than when he was young.
    Obviously we were better team with Manu at point last year when Parker was injured than now without Manu

Trade Parker could be great right now to be in the top again at least 2-3 years more.In the future with an older TD and Manu there is not important if Parker still playing in the team because we will be lottery team.Parker is not Lebron James or Kobe Bryant to built a team around him.

But if I trade Parker right now we could add more bench or some young players to be a better team
    Wiht POR -Roy and Aldridge for Parker,Oberto,Udoka?
    With IND -Granger,Ford,Foster for Parker,Oberto??
    With CHI -Gordon,Hinrich,Nocioni for Parker,Mason??
    With NJ -Harris,Brook Lopez for Parker??
    with PHI -Dalembert,Andre miller for Parker??
    with PHI -Green,Iguodala for Parker??

Of course that's only fantasy and we never trade Parker.But I believe that we could be better team with some of this trades than with Parker.

Really I don't want to trade Parker but right now it's the only player of the roster that we could trade to get some good players and right now we need a lot to win the NBA.TD is the best of the world to me and Manu is amazing but I'm not sure if we could get the same for them than for Parker because they are old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we are at a point where we will get addition by subtration. There is no way that Bonner, Vaughn, Finley or even Thomas will help this team over the course of the year. Their age and or inability to move their feet will spell the doom for the Spurs. Ask McCain. He couldn't move his feet fast enough either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mmmm interesting thought. I would think about trading either Parker or Ginobili. Since Parker's trade value is higher, we could get a pretty decent player.

But who?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only goal we should have is to win another le before Duncan decline or retire. After the trade you propose this would not be possible IMO (unless Hill can prove he can start at PG). I am afraid we have to live and die with that team and hope our role player step up.

If you don't think we can win another le with that team, the more reasonable would be to trade Duncan to a team loaded with talent. (I don't want this)
    Last edited by mathbzh; 11-05-2008 at 09:11 AM.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'd shop ginobilli before parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen for Outlaw should be done tomm. The blazers are looking for some experience and the spurs need some athletes..Oh, and they they both have 8 mil left on their contracts..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But if I trade Parker right now we could add more bench or some young players to be a better team
    Wiht POR -Roy and Aldridge for Parker,Oberto,Udoka?
    With IND -Granger,Ford,Foster for Parker,Oberto??
    With CHI -Gordon,Hinrich,Nocioni for Parker,Mason??
    With NJ -Harris,Brook Lopez for Parker??
    with PHI -Dalembert,Andre miller for Parker??
    with PHI -Green,Iguodala for Parker??
    I'd say an emphatic NO to all of those suggestions. Talent-wise, the portland deal makes sense for the Spurs, but Aldridge would force Duncan to play center and he doesn't want to. As for NJ - isn't Devin Harris just TP light? Why would you want to trade TP for someone who's ceiling is a generic version of TP? Tony, Tim, and even Roger Mason are not the problem this year.

Just think, none of this would be happening if that MFing Tiago Splitter would have just come over as planned lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP wont get traded face it

Thread Information