Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lottery Pick
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    As a Pistons fan, I have read many of the threads here, and feel that the discussion will be far superior to the crap I have seen elsewhere...

I'm looking forward to a great finals, and the matchups are absolutely delicious.

Sheed and Duncan? Chauncey and Parker? It goes on and on...let's have a great series, and great debate.

Go Pistons!

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the best spurs forum!
    I can tell U that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DetroitFolly - I for one have great respect for your team and they will be very hard for Spurs to beat = will take "A" game.

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Thanks. If you want, check out www.motownsports.com

This was the original Detroit Tigers board, so baseball discussions tend to rule...but we have a small, dedicated Pistons group that is similar to this one. Good discussion, no swearing, actual understanding of the game, and we would welcome similar Spurs fans!

I like boobs a lot! Slo spurs fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome DetroitFolly. Hope this will be a plesant fight.

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    It will be...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Pistons fan...let's have a great series, and great debate.
    Welcome to the Fourm!!!!

One word of Caution

Beware of our Killer "Mouse"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome indeed.

Enjoy the series and stick around it good to have fans from other teams to provide perspective.

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome DetroitFolly!

This is shaping up to be a great series, I'm very excited that the 2 best D teams are in the finals!

Spurs in 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome DetroitFolly!

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thanks. If you want, check out www.motownsports.com

Good discussion,no swearing,,
    Translation: Sequ Spur does not post there.

actual understanding of the game,
    There went T parks chances of posting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Pistons fan, I have read many of the threads here, and feel that the discussion will be far superior to the crap I have seen elsewhere...

I'm looking forward to a great finals, and the matchups are absolutely delicious.

Sheed and Duncan? Chauncey and Parker? It goes on and on...let's have a great series, and great debate.

Go Pistons!
    Welcome to the boards Folly. I am looking forward to a very tough series. But on a different note, please let that be the last time you use delicious in a sentence. :p

Rebel With A Coz
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more I watch Detroit, the more they look like our mirror image. I'm expecting a dogfight. Welcome DF

GoSpursGo
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ought to be a good series- Billups gave a nice interview last night-no trash talk. This is the pairing that should have happened last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be good! It's great to have good intelligent basketball fans who root for another team on here to provide prospective and aid in discussion. Otherwise, it seems we've got too many homers who questions your loyalty, devotion, fealty even to the Spurs when you say something negative or admit yoru sky isn't falling if they Spurs lose a game. But it's still fabulous for an exile like me to revel in the hometown feeling, so I'm not complaining! I love it here!

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you Pistons fans are showing up in force here. Where's Pat Buchanan and his immigrations policies when you need them?

Seriously, it's great having other teams fans visit as it really helps the depth of knowledge brought to these debates, so long as they aren't dopey Sonics fans. Or Nuggets fans.

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ought to be a good series- Billups gave a nice interview last night-no trash talk. This is the pairing that should have happened last year.
    Yes, this is what I wanted last year. The spurs had beaten the pistons in the season series, but those wins came before Rasheed joined the club.

Now we'll get to see who's better. I think Detroit's fatigue off game 7 will help even things out with some of the nagging injuries we have, should be a straight-up series if all goes well (injury-wise). Spurs need to jump on 'em early coming off the ECF and get them in a hole, then fight to keep them there.

Believe.
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I agree with what was posted here - after the whiny Indiana fans and the bandwagon Heat fans, it;s good to talk basketball without all of the drama that surrounds it. That may change once the two teams start playing, but it's all good now

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, it's great having other teams fans visit as it really helps the depth of knowledge brought to these debates, so long as they aren't dopey Sonics fans. Or Nuggets fans.
    No joke, it's nice having fans that:

1.) Aren't little 12 year old trolls,
    2.) Can form coherent sentences and lucid thoughts,
    3.) You can tell actually watch basketball games.

Pistons fans, you definately represent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with what was posted here - after the whiny Indiana fans and the bandwagon Heat fans, it;s good to talk basketball without all of the drama that surrounds it. That may change once the two teams start playing, but it's all good now
    Oh, it will, mostly because there are some around here who can't take that step back to objectivity in discussing what happens on the floor. A little adversity for either side and the "polar gang" (which sees no middle ground -- one Spurs win and they'll be calling this a sure sweep; one Spurs loss and they'll be calling for Popovich's head and banging on Pistons fans for being Pistons fans) will come out in full force.

If you Pistons fans truly want to talk hoops, there are some around here who will indulge you on that level without the personal stuff. Please remember that and be patient with our group. It really is a bunch of interesting, nice, and intelligent folks who love their Spurs.

Banned
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    So far it's been very peaceful, maybe the calm before the storm. My experience is that when the teams start playing out come the insults, the fair weather fans, etc.

I will be pleasant until i am attacked. For then i will not bite my tongue err fingers..

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I will warn you now...the trolls will come. It's just a matter of time. Personally, I just wanted to get in here before them, so I then don't get lumped in with the "idiot fans of (insert team here)."

Every team has them. They start with something brilliant like "BWAHAHAHA" or something similar, and it gets less intelligent from there.

Trolls will come, Ray. They will most definitely come.

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't last long though.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Man, you Pistons fans are showing up in force here. .

Unless they can post under their real names at the piston sites they come from ? I don't beileve they are real piston fans, most likely they are local boys, like Walton or The writer wanting back on the site.

Show me where they post at other sites, and I might take them serious.

Thread Information