Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 to 3 years from now, I see Vassell taking a higher leap in the NBA than Haliburton. Both should have allstar careers, but the Spurs, barring any major injuries, should win at least a couple championships with VicYama, whereas, I don't see the Pacers winning championships anytime soon. Therefore, on winning along, Vassell shall trump Haliburton. If you take the 4 championships Tony Parker won with Tim Duncan and the Spurs, I would assume, TP wouldn't be considered an Hall Of Fame player. Just saying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put down the crack pipe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 to 3 years from now, I see Vassell taking a higher leap in the NBA than Haliburton. Both should have allstar careers, but the Spurs, barring any major injuries, should win at least a couple championships with VicYama, whereas, I don't see the Pacers winning championships anytime soon. Therefore, on winning along, Vassell shall trump Haliburton. If you take the 4 championships Tony Parker won with Tim Duncan and the Spurs, I would assume, TP wouldn't be considered an Hall Of Fame player. Just saying.
    Fixed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh yes, the leap. It's going to happen any season now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk why there has to be a conceived who’s better argument, both players have developed nicely for their teams, both players getting picked at 11 and 12 have developed into a 20 ppg wing and an all star PG. That is a win for both teams they’re on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay! Another wait 2 to 3 years post from the sniffers. And this one is a doozy since Vassell literally isn’t better than Halliburton at one thing. Halliburton is a better shooter, a better dribbler, a better passer, better creator for himself and others, a better finisher, he can run a pick n roll and can run an offense.

Vassell plays loser basketball. He’s actually what the Spurs do NOT need in a player going forward. The dude plays zero defense, chucks the ball like he is the alpha, and has no brains. I’d rather have a KCP or Danny Green type player at SG than a player like Vassell. You mention Parker for no reason again. TP was an infinitely better player than Vassell can ever hope to dream of being. Lots of bad players score 20 ppg. Kevin love scored 26 and 13 for like 3 seasons and has a championship. I don’t see him on anybody’s top PFs of all time buddy. In three years I predict Vassell will be off the team or on the trading block

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell needs to cut down on the chucking and work on being a better playmaker. His overall defense needs improvement too. At best, best he'll be a fringe all-star level guy or a great off the bench player. He's not at all an elite or a player teams will be focusing on trying to stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is only two years away from completely changing his game to fit around Wemby, at which point he’ll be two years away from being an All Star. JUST YOU ALL WAIT AN SEE

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vassell does nothing special....Alot of games hes just average.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell appears to have the same kawhitter injury in his bum knee and the spurs should trade him asap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is not elite and doesn't play well next to Wemby. He's replaceable, as most of the players should be on the worst team in the western conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but Haliburton may be the worst defender in the league and the whole Pacers team is pretty bad on that end. They may be already sticking them on a treadmill. I haven't looked at their pick assets, but how much better can they get from here?

If Vassell can slot into more of a 3rd scoring role, he could be in his most natural role.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By far the worst part of this take.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is a wannabe Kobe without the talent. He's a ball dominant inefficient chucker. He's currently the Spur I hate the most on this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but Haliburton may be the worst defender in the league and the whole Pacers team is pretty bad on that end. They may be already sticking them on a treadmill. I haven't looked at their pick assets, but how much better can they get from here?

If Vassell can slot into more of a 3rd scoring role, he could be in his most natural role.
    The Pacers do have a fairly good number of young players who, as you like to remind everyone, will likely continue to improve.

The Pacers have the 8th youngest roster in the league. Three of the 8 youngest rosters made the playoffs this year: OKC, ORL, IND

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk why there has to be a conceived who’s better argument, both players have developed nicely for their teams, both players getting picked at 11 and 12 have developed into a 20 ppg wing and an all star PG. That is a win for both teams they’re on.
    You know why. Vassell was picked one pick before Haliburton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know why. Vassell was picked one pick before Haliburton.
    Yes but why and moan about it? It’s not like Vassell has been a bust, things could be a lot worse. He potentially can be a borderline all star. Also Halliburton hasn’t been too impressive in these playoffs either.
    Last edited by Degoat; 1 Week Ago at 07:12 PM.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but why and moan about it? It’s not like Vassell has been a bust, things could be a lot worse. He potentially can be a borderline all star. Also Halliburton hasn’t been too impressive in these playoffs either.
    Because ing and moaning is part of the fan expertience

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Vassell sniffer and I'll admit Haliburton is giving me serious FOMO this postseason. Oh well, you don't get both Hali and Wemby and would you trade Wemby for Hali? There's no time path where you get both so I think it's a fallacy that SA blew the pick. What do you tell DJ? It's like Kirk Cousins and Penix Jr lol hey no buddy don't sweat we just picked your position but it doesn't mean anything. Then knucklehead quits on the team, sinks his value, then the ATL deal never happens, then you don't have ATL 2025 FRP unprotected right now so let's not start shaking the branches of causality on this thing because I like where we stand as is Haliburton or not.

But you got to admit Vassell has steadily improved. You kinda couldn't tell because this season was so rough but Dev had some really impressive games. Needs to work on shot selection and meshing more into the offense. But you're also seeing Devin alongside G leaguers so the level of defensive focus he receives is disproportionally high.

I'm wondering as Wemby commands more of the defenses attention and as the overall surrounding player talent in general improves, isn't Devin is going to feast?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Vassell sniffer and I'll admit Haliburton is giving me serious FOMO this postseason. Oh well, you don't get both Hali and Wemby and would you trade Wemby for Hali? There's no time path where you get both so I think it's a fallacy that SA blew the pick. What do you tell DJ? It's like Kirk Cousins and Penix Jr lol hey no buddy don't sweat we just picked your position but it doesn't mean anything. Then knucklehead quits on the team, sinks his value, then the ATL deal never happens, then you don't have ATL 2025 FRP unprotected right now so let's not start shaking the branches of causality on this thing because I like where we stand as is Haliburton or not.

But you got to admit Vassell has steadily improved. You kinda couldn't tell because this season was so rough but Dev had some really impressive games. Needs to work on shot selection and meshing more into the offense. But you're also seeing Devin alongside G leaguers so the level of defensive focus he receives is disproportionally high.

I'm wondering as Wemby commands more of the defenses attention and as the overall surrounding player talent in general improves, isn't Devin is going to feast?
    This season vassell tried to show hes a star and is the man on this team.But instead he proved hes a overpaid role player that
    was doing to much to prove hes a star.He needs to focus on being a better defender and playmaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 different types of players tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen a decline in Hali post injury...since he's returned I'd take Vassell over him now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he has the potential to win multiple rings with Wemby. While Halliburton sniffing one could be less likely. Vassell may have the better career. For the sake of argument, yes Parker has a better career than point-god CP3 because of his multiple rings, and one of the Big 3. I’m sure CP3 would trade anything for a ring.
    Last edited by John B; 1 Week Ago at 04:14 AM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    There's some really ty takes on this forum.

Thread Information