Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but why and moan about it? It’s not like Vassell has been a bust, things could be a lot worse. He potentially can be a borderline all star. Also Halliburton hasn’t been too impressive in these playoffs either.
    Please explain how?

Not trying to be sarcastic, I genuinely don't see how with all his limitations (ball handling & playmaking mainly) outside of his elite jumpshot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember, the guy I really fell in love with in that draft was his college teammate, Patrick Williams. I guess the team drafted the right Florida State player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Spurs trade Vassell, we'll have a chance to start winning again. As long as he's still here, we'll keep losing. He doesn't have the BBIQ, defensive ability, vision or footwork to take the team beyond the Lottery. Four years of evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it interesting that the Spurs were no worse, and are probably actually a little bit better, when Vassell and Johnson were out.

He didn’t do a lot to prove that he’s a team player this past season. I can’t say I was overly impressed. This guy needs to be doing all he can to prop up and maximize all things Wemby, and it looked like he was feeling a little butthurt about the attention Victor was getting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while vassell was fine, i was still more or less disappointed since i expected a more notable leap from him. his scoring wasn't much better than it was last year, and its not like he made up for it with a renewed sense of purpose on defense

the positives, though:

- he got to the rim more than any other year in his career (career high 16.3% of his FGA came within 3 feet, and career high 29% of his FGA came within 10 feet). he still needs to get that number up, but was a step in the right direction, especially given how efficient he was with those shots at the rim (made over 70% within 3 feet)

- post all star break he averaged over 5 assists per game

- saw some solid chemistry running p&r with wemby

- he still had flashes of good man defense. he has the strength and length to be good on that end, just needs it to be more of an emphasis. adding additional playmaking talent in the backcourt would help

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My biggest issue with him are his disappearing acts.
    We had so many losses, close ones, where he just stood there and watched all the other scrubs chuck awful shots.
    His numbers and advanced stats are good, but numbers don't always tell the whole story.

There were so many games where I would've rather had Devin chuck us out of the game than have Jeremy and Keldon do whathever they were doing.
    If he doesn't establish himself as the first perimeter option the next season, I don't think he'll be worth keeping. First option if we don't get another legit player, that is.

I don't expect him to become a great playmaker, but if scoring is his calling card, then he needs to become the player we can rely on when the ball can't get to Wemby.

And as already mentioned, he can become a more consistent defender. I'd rather have him focus on that than playmaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. I spilled my drink reading the le of this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember, the guy I really fell in love with
    The what now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell will shine once we get a real PG. Let him play off the ball so he got more energy on defense. He can then be the scorer with the ball in his hand against benches when Wemby sits. As of now, he's just developing his offensive game. I'm not sure he'll be better than Haliburton though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. I spilled my drink reading the le of this thread.
    I like Vassell, but I fear this thread will be prime bumping material over the next decade.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I didn't watch Vassell much, he got in the way of Victor's play imo. No one gives 2 s about Vasselline. He's an NPC as far as I am concerned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's true spurs are eyeing 25 draft we won't see players peaks for another year

Thread Information