View Poll Results: Dream a little. If you could have any 1 (one) player join Wama, who would it be?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jokic

7 9.59%
  • SGA from OKC

10 13.70%
  • Donut Doncic from Dallas

30 41.10%
  • Greek Freak

4 5.48%
  • Steffie Curry

2 2.74%
  • Tyre Maxey

2 2.74%
  • Haliburton

6 8.22%
  • Paolo Banchero

0 0%
  • Ant Edwards

10 13.70%
  • A Silver Dancer, finally get some leg back

2 2.74%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SGA, with Ant a close second. SGA is such a well rounded player right now, and would fit perfectly.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yes, this is true. No matter who else is on the team, you should take Joker. The high touch passes to Victor anywhere near the paint would be juggernaut.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Edwards. Same timeline as Wemby, younger than SGA/Luka, better defender than Luka/Hali, better 3 ball than SGA, emerging passing chops and creation. Also in the playoffs, give me the guy with top 1% athleticism and elite strength able to overpower opponents offensively and hold up on pretty much any switch defensively. He tracks favorably against SGA when you compare them by age.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ant i feel he is the best non system dependent perimeter player. Since Zinger hated playing with Luka. SGA relies on a lot of space. Hali is born out of that Carlisle system. Ant has familiarity with bigs crowding up his driving lanes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, this is true. No matter who else is on the team, you should take Joker. The high touch passes to Victor anywhere near the paint would be juggernaut.
    They might win 70 games with that combination. Tell me who is going to stop it.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    You'd have to body Victor out of that area, because you're not bodying Joker out and fouling either isn't a good strategy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd go with Ant because of their respective ages and a win-now, win-later timeline. In a decade they'd be 30 and 32, probably a minimum 2 trophies.

Those two would be easy to build around. Pop has never had an athlete like Ant, might be an odd fit there.

Vassell might be redundant. Sochan might be a useful piece with these 2. Finding PG, PF and backup center still necessary, but, much easier. I miss having a true "enforcer" like Kevin Willis. We'd need a real bruiser and not Collins.
    Last edited by ginobilized; 03-31-2024 at 12:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that Luka is the runaway choice, not because Luka isn't great, but because we've heard a lot of people on the idea of Trae Young because he is heliocentric player whose USG% will crowd out Wemby.

But what do people think Luka is? Trae's career USG% is 32.4, Luka's is 35.7.

So is the problem that Trae is a heliocentric high usage player... or that there is a threshold at a heliocentric high usage player is good enough - a threshold that Luka has surpassed but Trae hasn't?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthy Kawhi without Uncle Dennis. I doubt anybody scores with Kawhi plugging the point-of-attack while Wemby protecting the rim.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that Luka is the runaway choice, not because Luka isn't great, but because we've heard a lot of people on the idea of Trae Young because he is heliocentric player whose USG% will crowd out Wemby.

So is the problem that Trae is a heliocentric high usage player... or that there is a threshold at a heliocentric high usage player is good enough - a threshold that Luka has surpassed but Trae hasn't?
    This is it exactly I think. Luka would be #2 for me easily after Ant. I'm completely ok with a more heliocentric player, as long as that heliocentric player can break defensive schemes on his own, which I think Luka has shown that he has been able to do in the playoffs while Trae is more hit and miss. Additionally, Luka's TO% has been far lower than Trae's despite being just as ball dominant and I'd have to check the numbers but I don't think his shooting percentages drop nearly as significantly in the playoffs compared to Trae.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka would average a triple double and lead the league in assists running away if he was on a team with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is it exactly I think. Luka would be #2 for me easily after Ant. I'm completely ok with a more heliocentric player, as long as that heliocentric player can break defensive schemes on his own, which I think Luka has shown that he has been able to do in the playoffs while Trae is more hit and miss. Additionally, Luka's TO% has been far lower than Trae's despite being just as ball dominant and I'd have to check the numbers but I don't think his shooting percentages drop nearly as significantly in the playoffs compared to Trae.
    Playing Devil's advocate, their playoff history is pretty similar. Trae is 12-15 in the playoffs, Luka is 12-16. Both have two first round exits and one conference finals appearance. However, Luka does seem to elevate his game in the playoffs whereas Trae does not (and Trae is really hampered by one really poor playoff series in 2021-22).

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

I think the perception is that Trae's numbers are based on having no one else on the team worth anything (other than Murray) and his passing chops vs Luka. For some reason the Euro guys can pass like crazy and are very willing passers whereas US players are often iso ballers with handles and signature moves. Luka's numbers are mostly the same though. Often he dwarfs the others in shots taken, so it has to boil down to just finding someone who can get the ball to Victor, not so much how this person can help when Victor isn't even on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Franz Wagner...Just because they fit well and I'm hungry for a likable german player on the Spurs (not Schröder).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You take the actual MVP and proven winner obviously but to stay on the young generation SGA seems indeed perfect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    donut wemby would be the best duo of all time and it ain't close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

simply put, luka is the most skilled player that has ever been. No other player understands sets, positioning and can pass like he does at that height, with that shooting. Wemby would absolutely feast in every game. Young has nothing in common with luka who is a fantastic team player and winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, it’s pretty much Kevin Tran and then everyone else.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka no question lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joker.

You can find a high assist PG but a Wemby/Joker duo would be ridiculous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs had SGA they would be close to the top of the league this year, just like the thunder are. SGA or maybe Cade C. should do just fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ima just be a contrarian and say chet, thinking the long game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Copper Flagg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy who scored 8 points in a mcds game? Flagg could be good but his stock will drop considerably this year with better comp.

Thread Information