Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would need to be a S&T..
    Blech Spurs would have to give them good picks to get them to take Graham or Zollins into their capspace, and Graham has to either be cut by July 1st or his $12.65 million becomes guaranteed if I remember right. No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll be 32 before next season, so seconds and salary ballast.
    Not a chance. Philly is in a make or break year for building around Embiid and they're not taking the Spurs crap like Graham or Collins just to get something for Harris when that capspace they have cleared can be put to actual useful players. Even if they like Graham they can get him for a few million instead of the $12.65 million they'd have to pay him if trading with the Spurs for him.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-21-2024 at 11:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blech Spurs would have to give them good picks to get them to take Graham or Zollins into their capspace, and Graham has to either be cut by July 1st or his $12.65 million becomes guaranteed if I remember right. No thanks.
    The don't play Graham now, they wont play him next season. He'll be cut and the spurs will eat the 3 million or so guarantee, creating a needed roster spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The don't play Graham now, they wont play him next season. He'll be cut and the spurs will eat the 3 million or so guarantee, creating a needed roster spot.
    True. I was just going over options that would theoretically be on the table for being able to land Tobias Harris when the team won't have any more than $25 million in capspace. Not that I'd want Harris at all at the salary he'll command.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. I was just going over options that would theoretically be on the table for being able to land Tobias Harris when the team won't have any more than $25 million in capspace. Not that I'd want Harris at all at the salary he'll command.
    He’ll be 32, and had Philly over a barrel last time. No one really has a ton of cap room this summer, and I doubt Philly bids against themselves again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll be 32, and had Philly over a barrel last time. No one really has a ton of cap room this summer, and I doubt Philly bids against themselves again.
    Yeah you're right, looking at teams with capspace he doesn't have many options to get paid and probably could be had outright with the Spurs capspace if the Toronto pick doesn't convey unless some dumbass team like Chicago wants him and then Philly could trade him for DeRozan instead of just signing Demar outright.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but its the difference between how much room we can create and Harris's new contract (which I'm guessing is around $25M/per). We can create around $20M, so a couple smaller contracts might get it done.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but its the difference between how much room we can create and Harris's new contract (which I'm guessing is around $25M/per). We can create around $20M, so a couple smaller contracts might get it done.
    I agree. Philly has an incentive to S&T him so that they get something in return. Minor salary ballast works, or maybe they even think Collins has enough positive value to eat his contract. Philly will be operating over the cap for the foreseeable future so cap space for them shouldn't be a concern.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forget Graham is even on the team. He and Mamu are likely gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forget Graham is even on the team. He and Mamu are likely gone.
    Graham has been in pop's doghouse forever, but I actually like Mamu. He can pass really well and can shoot somewhat decently. His defense is unfortunately not very good. Like you said both will probably be gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The PG options in free agency are Maxey, Harden, Holiday, Quickley (RFA), Russell, Westbrook, Tyus Jones, Dinwiddie, Fultz, Reggie Jackson, Lowry, Beverley, and crap. Of those I think the attainable ones are Jones, Dinwiddie, Fultz, Jackson, Lowry, and Beverley. Tyus would be a nice upgrade over Tre but don't know that the Spurs will want to tie up the $105 million or so it would probably take to sign him when he's such a limited player. Dinwiddie was been terrible and isn't an upgrade over Tre, same with Lowry. Fultz is just as limited a shooter as Tre so no point in throwing big money at him. Jackson is more instant offense off the bench than PG and Beverley is more defensive role player than PG. Short of a Trae Young trade I expect Tre Jones to be the starting PG opening night next season.
    You guys a depressing me with ur predictions

I can’t see Tyus Jones bc both brothers will take away some compe ive edge to at least one of them.

I know many of u aren’t fan of the idea but I like the perspective of trading for Brogdon. He’d cover passing abilities, veteran leadership and shooting.

Anyways we’ll see but I don’t get the logic to have an undersized starting PG who struggles to assist his franchise player…

it’s surreal to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can’t see Tyus Jones bc both brothers will take away some compe ive edge to at least one of them.

I know many of u aren’t fan of the idea but I like the perspective of trading for Brogdon. He’d cover passing abilities, veteran leadership and shooting.

Anyways we’ll see but I don’t get the logic to have an undersized starting PG who struggles to assist his franchise player…

it’s surreal to me
    Could probably get Brogdon for the Chicago pick and Collins, though you'll still see plenty of Tre Jones starting given Brogdon is good to miss at least 20-30 games every season. Wouldn't do the trade to take Brogdon into capspace though since the Chicago pick doesn't have too bad of protection so outweighs Brogdon's worth. But if they can get Brogdon and still have a couple million over MLE left to spend in the summer might be worth it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was nice during our tanking year to have the opportunity to "try out" players that would otherwise never get the chance. I think we are at the point now (with so many draft picks coming up) to make a decision of who to keep and who to cut. There are a lot of roster spots we could free up if needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Philly has an incentive to S&T him so that they get something in return. Minor salary ballast works, or maybe they even think Collins has enough positive value to eat his contract. Philly will be operating over the cap for the foreseeable future so cap space for them shouldn't be a concern.
    Cap space is a prime concern for Philly given that was their plan in moving on from Harden, eg to open up huge capspace this summer. They'll have more than $60 million in capspace after factoring in cap holds and the hold for Maxey and they can surely do better than Zollins for $17 million or taking trash like Branham or Champagnie just to say they got something for Harris. I doubt they get PG13 to leave LA but could probably get DeRozan and Monk and then ship Harris off to Chicago or Sacramento.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely Spurs get the #3 and #8 picks in the draft. Spurs take Topic at #3 and miss out on Buzelis (who moved up to a top 5 pick) and take Knecht at #8.

Spurs sign Tobias Harris in the offseason.

Tre, Topic, Wesley
    Vassell, Knecht/Branham
    Sochan, Keldon, Champagnie
    Tobias, Barlow, Sidy
    Wemby, Zollins, Bassey
    I won't entirely rule out Topic, but suffice it to say he'd be a departure from the type of lead guard they've coveted post Parker.

Can't see them expending an 8th pick on Knecht, considering there's no path to him eventually becoming a starter (too much negative overlap with Vassell).

The 76ers and Pistons can outbid the Spurs for Harris and the former has the advantage of being able to offer an immediate chance to contend for a championship while the latter apparently has a bunch of ties/connections to him and he has familiarity with both.

The PG options in free agency are Maxey, Harden, Holiday, Quickley (RFA), Russell, Westbrook, Tyus Jones, Dinwiddie, Fultz, Reggie Jackson, Lowry, Beverley, and crap. Of those I think the attainable ones are Jones, Dinwiddie, Fultz, Jackson, Lowry, and Beverley. Tyus would be a nice upgrade over Tre but don't know that the Spurs will want to tie up the $105 million or so it would probably take to sign him when he's such a limited player. Dinwiddie was been terrible and isn't an upgrade over Tre, same with Lowry. Fultz is just as limited a shooter as Tre so no point in throwing big money at him. Jackson is more instant offense off the bench than PG and Beverley is more defensive role player than PG. Short of a Trae Young trade I expect Tre Jones to be the starting PG opening night next season.
    $105M for Tyus Jones? He'll probably command 2-3 years for $45M-$60M.

Before anyone says it (Chinook), I know the Spurs probably won't have the outright cap space for him and Caleb Martin. But they have a realistic path to both should they want them.

it’s surreal to me
    The Spurs are virtually guaranteed to bring in a rotational lead guard of some sort, so Tyus Jones can either have it be him (if they don't draft Sheppard or trade for Young first, etc.) or someone else cutting into his brother's minutes.

The problem with Brogdon is he's injury prone, but yeah he's an option too.

The thing is, unless they're trading for at minimum a top starter (Murray), they really need two rotational guards since all of the other names are either not good enough or too unproven.

Unfortunately, they're too conservative and seemingly high on Branham to go that route though.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cap space is a prime concern for Philly given that was their plan in moving on from Harden, eg to open up huge capspace this summer. They'll have more than $60 million in capspace after factoring in cap holds and the hold for Maxey and they can surely do better than Zollins for $17 million or taking trash like Branham or Champagnie just to say they got something for Harris. I doubt they get PG13 to leave LA but could probably get DeRozan and Monk and then ship Harris off to Chicago or Sacramento.
    You're right. I hadn't actually checked the numbers, I was just used to them being an over-the-cap team.

It might be possible for the Spurs to get involved in a 3-way deal involving Harris, but I won't hold my breath. The Spurs don't have anything the Sixers would really need and the only way for the Spurs to get involved is if the third team doesn't want Harris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not likely, but a personal favourite that could be somewhat attainable:

-Draft Risacher and Dillingham/Sheppard.
    -Sign Grayson Allen.
    -Trade for Naz Reid and Herb Jones.

Starting lineup: Dillingham/Sheppard, Vassell, Allen, Herb, Wemby.

Bench: Tre, Branham, Risacher, Sochan, Reid.

(Collins and Keldon are gone in the moves).

I think that sqaud would show significant improvement without the dangers of making a Trae Young trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not likely, but a personal favourite that could be somewhat attainable:

-Draft Risacher and Dillingham/Sheppard.
    -Sign Grayson Allen.
    -Trade for Naz Reid and Herb Jones.

Starting lineup: Dillingham/Sheppard, Vassell, Allen, Herb, Wemby.

Bench: Tre, Brahnam, Risacher, Sochan, Reid.

(Collins and Keldon are gone in the moves).

I think that sqaud would show significant improvement without the dangers of making a Trae Young trade.
    BWrong would never be capable of anything like that tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BWrong would never be capable of anything like that tbh.
    The most difficult moves would be the Herb and Reid trades. I wonder what it would take for NO and Wolves to accept such moves. I would be willing to part with protected first round picks, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most difficult moves would be the Herb and Reid trades. I wonder what it would take for NO and Wolves to accept such moves. I would be willing to part with protected first round picks, tbh.
    Reid would be more gettable IMO. Herb is probably a top 3 contract in the league. But Minny will have to make some difficult decisions with their cap situation esp if they fizzle out early again in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reid would be more gettable IMO. Herb is probably a top 3 contract in the league. But Minny will have to make some difficult decisions with their cap situation esp if they fizzle out early again in the playoffs.
    Herb Jones + filler (maybe a contract the Pelicans would want to get rid of) for Keldon Johnson and a protected 20 first round pick. Would NO go for it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herb Jones + filler (maybe a contract the Pelicans would want to get rid of) for Keldon Johnson and a protected 20 first round pick. Would NO go for it?
    I think they could easily do better than that tbh. I honestly think Keldon has little to zero value around the league. Maybe even negative when you consider his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they could easily do better than that tbh. I honestly think Keldon has little to zero value around the league. Maybe even negative when you consider his contract.
    Probably. If we get a top 3 pick, does any Spurs fan would consider trading it away for Herb?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll be 45M over the cap as things stand now.
    Even if they get rid of KAT, still just 4M under the cap and just 9 players on the roster.

Naz is an expiring next year and it should be a fairly cheap trade.
    But Presti will likely be on it and masterminds in our front office will get outplayed.

They could also opt to trade McDaniels, another player worth keeping an eye on.

NOLA has a logjam at SF with both Ingram and Trey Murphy being up for an extension.
    If they were smart, they'd opt to keep Herb and trade one of those two. I'd personally get rid of Ingram, but then again I don't want him here. Would be the worst outcome for us.
    NOLA trade is just wishful thinking in some ways.

Bridges price has plummeted and he's definitely going to ask out. He'll be 28, so a bit older and maybe not worth trading two picks for.
    Grayson is a no brainer for 70/4 or 80/5. Fits every possible roster, elite shooter, doesn't need the ball, defends well and can replace Jeremy as the fake tough guy on the roster.

Celtics will be 17M over the cap even if Jrue doesn't take his 39M option, which he most likely will.
    Tatum will be entering his final year, with Brown, Porzingis and Pritchard being the only guys not up for an extension.
    They have to make some really difficult choices.

If not Trae or Garland, I want one of Derrick or Jrue. Preferrably Derrick.
    Having Tre or a rookie start the next season would be a guarantee for a disaster.
    Brogdon is the other PG worth keeping an eye on, not many contenders could absorb his 22M a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll be 45M over the cap as things stand now.
    Even if they get rid of KAT, still just 4M under the cap and just 9 players on the roster.

Naz is an expiring next year and it should be a fairly cheap trade.
    But Presti will likely be on it and masterminds in our front office will get outplayed.

They could also opt to trade McDaniels, another player worth keeping an eye on.

NOLA has a logjam at SF with both Ingram and Trey Murphy being up for an extension.
    If they were smart, they'd opt to keep Herb and trade one of those two. I'd personally get rid of Ingram, but then again I don't want him here. Would be the worst outcome for us.
    NOLA trade is just wishful thinking in some ways.

Bridges price has plummeted and he's definitely going to ask out. He'll be 28, so a bit older and maybe not worth trading two picks for.
    Grayson is a no brainer for 70/4 or 80/5. Fits every possible roster, elite shooter, doesn't need the ball, defends well and can replace Jeremy as the fake tough guy on the roster.

Celtics will be 17M over the cap even if Jrue doesn't take his 39M option, which he most likely will.
    Tatum will be entering his final year, with Brown, Porzingis and Pritchard being the only guys not up for an extension.
    They have to make some really difficult choices.

If not Trae or Garland, I want one of Derrick or Jrue. Preferrably Derrick.
    Having Tre or a rookie start the next season would be a guarantee for a disaster.
    Brogdon is the other PG worth keeping an eye on, not many contenders could absorb his 22M a year.
    There are moves to be made to improve the roster if PATFO doesn't chicken out. I think these type of lowkey moves would be much more benefitial than swinging for the fences on a Trae Young type trade, tbh.

Thread Information