Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your claim as about Woj. You seem like you are just posting. and yeah i got that we keep all the picks that are unlikely to translate to firsts and get rid of all the ones that did.
    Sorry, I don't work for ESPN, so I don't control what or when their stuff gets posted to YouTube.

You didn't seem to and the point is, the cupboard would be far from empty.

They also wouldn't be stuck with this team forever because believe or not, good players have resale value and all the precious picks are unlikely to amount to as good of player(s) as they'd be getting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I don't work for ESPN, so I don't control what or when their stuff gets posted to YouTube.

You didn't seem to and the point is, the cupboard would be far from empty.

They also wouldn't be stuck with this team forever because believe or not, good players have resale value and all the precious picks are unlikely to amount to as good of player(s) as they'd be getting.
    Well your interpretation of what Windhorst said was . Given that and the rest of what you post there is little expectation on anything different here.

Frankly, if I weren't a fan of the team and was thinking of a way for the Spurs to it up going all in for Trae Young would be at the top of my wishlist.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well your interpretation of what Windhorst said was . Given that and the rest of what you post there is little expectation on anything different here.

Frankly, if I weren't a fan of the team and was thinking of a way for the Spurs to it up going all in for Trae Young would be at the top of my wishlist.
    Nah, it wasn't. You're just another myopic, miserable old who wants something to about and probably has an axe to grind with 95% of the players in the NBA despite barely following it for the last 10 or more years and having little knowledge of the game period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, it wasn't. You're just another myopic, miserable old who wants something to about and probably has an axe to grind with 95% of the players in the NBA desperate barely following it for the last 10 or more years.
    there it is.

going all in for Trae Young is stupid. you know that and post it anyway.

now you're mad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ 24 with the rare W

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there it is.

now you're mad.
    I'm not mad, you idiot and this doesn't have anything to do with Young. I don't care whether people are interested or not, my point is come up with something better that's not trying to recreate the past.

The le is literally direct quotes from Windhorst, yet you're shooting the messenger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it is Perkins with the all in take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not mad, you idiot and this doesn't have anything to do with Young. I don't care whether people are interested or not, my point is come up with something better that's not trying to recreate the past.

The le is literally direct quotes from Windhorst, yet you're shooting the messenger.
    you really do not want to address the stupidity of the Young all in you presented. I get that you want to focus on the association con but sorry you look stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you really do not want to address the stupidity of the Young all in you presented. I get that you want to focus on the association con but sorry you look stupid.
    I've done it ad nauseam. I didn't want to inundate this thread with it, but as I alluded to, come up with something better for this unique situation (GOAT level prospect too good/uninterested in slow build).

Again, it's not all in. That's what the Bucks, Mavericks, Suns, etc. have done, where they're basically tapped out expendable assets and they've got old/aging, flawed teams around their homegrown superstar or star.

The Spurs would still be young, with upside and a good amount of draft capital so if they're too flawed they can pivot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've done it ad nauseam. I didn't want to inundate this thread with it, but as I alluded to, come up with something better for this unique situation (GOAT level prospect too good/uninterested in slow build).

Again, it's not all in. That's what the Bucks, Mavericks, Suns, etc. have done, where they're basically tapped out expendable assets and they've got old/aging, flawed teams around their homegrown superstar or star.

The Spurs would still be young, with upside and a good amount of draft capital so if they're too flawed they can pivot.
    You are basically taking all of the assets we have acquired over the past several years and trade all of it that is worth more than a couple second rounders for Trae Young.

It's cute that you justify it with more nonsense.

This is more the type of thing that a covetous person would propose for his opponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are basically taking all of the assets we have acquired over the past several years and trade all of it that is worth more than a couple second rounders for Trae Young.

This is more the type of thing that a covetous person would propose for his opponent.
    Just curious, I agree not going all in for Trae but do you just not want him at all? What would you give for Young at this point, and if you aren't after him, what's the pg on the horizon we could realistically get that would take us to the next echelon?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lowe Post on Apple Podcasts: 104:28

Again, not answering the question and resorting to ad homenim.

Everything changed with Wembanyama. They get Young, that's the bones (throw in Vassell and hopefully the natural '24 pick) of an eventual championship contender, which is the whole point of ac ulating picks to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ 24 with the rare W
    As in Richard Jefferson? Did he say something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it is Perkins with the all in take.
    Woj literally says the Spurs need to move quickly and Perk reiterated that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As in Richard Jefferson? Did he say something?
    nah thats just what i call TD 21 because he's usually softer than wet toilet paper and doesnt deserve that username

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s going to be a loooong offseason…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there it is.

now you're mad.
    Thinking that trading 4 of your upcoming 15 FRPs/Swaps that you have over the next 6 ears is "all-in" is stupid. But you're not actually a good faith poster, so it's to be expected.

And no, I'm not mad either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious, I agree not going all in for Trae but do you just not want him at all? What would you give for Young at this point, and if you aren't after him, what's the pg on the horizon we could realistically get that would take us to the next echelon?
    I don't like the fit with Vassell at all. It worsens an already league bottom defense. He is an all star so obviously there is a threshold.

Realistically, we have them over a barrel. They are mediocre team slipping out of the treadmill with little room to improve because we have their draft picks, their team is broken, and their stars are chirping about playing for us. They are the 10th worst record atm.

Then there is the rest of the market who might want juicy unprotected lottery picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah thats just what i call TD 21 because he's usually softer than wet toilet paper and doesnt deserve that username
    I figured it had nothing to do with the real RJ24. As one of the premiere Chet over Wemby guys I was looking to see if he had something to say about last night's game, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking that trading 4 of your upcoming 15 FRPs/Swaps that you have over the next 6 ears is "all-in" is stupid. But you're not actually a good faith poster, so it's to be expected.

And no, I'm not mad either.
    I could go to realgm and start posting the picks and which ones will translate and which won't. Then point out the obvious bias. they do have an excellent breakdown.

of course you know this and for some reason want the world to burn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Woj clip means the FO is gonna have to do real work this offseason... That's a good thing...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who quotes me constantly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could go to realgm and start posting the picks and which ones will translate and which won't. Then point out the obvious bias. they do have an excellent breakdown.

of course you know this and for some reason want the world to burn.
    Of the 15 future FRPs and Swaps, a total of one is currently less likely to convey than it is to convey. You should go to realgm and perform this exercise, clearly you need it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome to see the Spurs getting this kind of media attention after a win to bring them up to 12-48 though. Just wait and see what kind of attention we draw once we're good again.

Thread Information