Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1661
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That confirms what many of us feared

Be ready for another season of Sochan Tre and Champagnie starting...
    I agree. I suppose there's a small chance they say that to improve their negotiating strength. But this seems straightforward and in character. But curious if this indirectly came from VW. Spurs don't usually reveal much to reporters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Hawks GM admitted just after the trade deadline that the Young/Murray pairing wasn't working:

Hawks will try to trade again Murray this summer. Young won't be traded unless he asks it.

On a side note, these are Murray's stats while Young was injured:
    23 games (12W - 11L)
    37.6 minutes
    24.8 points with a 44/36/73 shooting
    9.2 assists
    3.3 turnovers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are literally not looking to get any star player while Wemby is cheap, this is beyond stupid. There's zero reason not to do this. Bc there isn't a star player that will "handicap the future" like doom and gloom posters would have us believe.

I don't want Trae Young really, however if he costs $40 million a year and people are pissing all over his defense and we pay KJ AND Collins $40 million a year and they play piss poor defense too and suck at running an offense... how is that any better for the Spurs? What's the argument? Well Trae costs alot and he plays no defense. I'd rather pay KJ and Collins the same money to suck on defense and not be as good offensively.

Also the Spurs can't even "focus" on the draft only bc they don't even know if they have two FRPs or one. Also why is Champ starting? Why is he on the team? We aren't strapped for cash. We can easily sign a player. Tbh I wouldn't mind trading Tor pick (if it conveys this year) for Reid. He's young and a lot better than any person we would get this year with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are literally not looking to get any star player while Wemby is cheap, this is beyond stupid. There's zero reason not to do this. Bc there isn't a star player that will "handicap the future" like doom and gloom posters would have us believe.

I don't want Trae Young really, however if he costs $40 million a year and people are pissing all over his defense and we pay KJ AND Collins $40 million a year and they play piss poor defense too and suck at running an offense... how is that any better for the Spurs? What's the argument? Well Trae costs alot and he plays no defense. I'd rather pay KJ and Collins the same money to suck on defense and not be as good offensively.

Also the Spurs can't even "focus" on the draft only bc they don't even know if they have two FRPs or one. Also why is Champ starting? Why is he on the team? We aren't strapped for cash. We can easily sign a player. Tbh I wouldn't mind trading Tor pick (if it conveys this year) for Reid. He's young and a lot better than any person we would get this year with it.
    Well, for once, Keldon and Collins are already yours and won't cost you 3 or 4 unprotected first round picks.

Also, getting the wrong star player absolutely sets your team back years. Plenty of examples to go around: Westbrook in Houston, Harden in Philadelphia, Kyrie and Harden in Brooklyn, Beal in Phoenix, Murray in Atlanta, etc.

It's not as easy as "let's swap this two mediocre players for a flawed star since they are making the same money". When you make a commitment for a player of this caliber, you are making a multi-year commitement, if said player isn't the right choice, you are stuck with him for a while and getting out of that situation might be just as costly as getting into it in the first place.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As others have said Spurs need to pounce on star while Wemby is still cheap and not waste the last three years of his rookie deal. Its kinda like drafting a star QB in the NFL. You have to maximize during his rookie contract because once the QB gets paid its tougher building talent around him because of cap constraints and picking at the bottom of draft. This dynamic never really exists in the NBA because it usually takes 3-5 years for future MVP's to post this type of production. Joker's and Embiid's first 20/10 season didn't happen until year four.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I suppose there's a small chance they say that to improve their negotiating strength. But this seems straightforward and in character. But curious if this indirectly came from VW. Spurs don't usually reveal much to reporters.
    For all his strenght of character, poise IQ etc, Victor is still a 20 yo looking at Pop as the coaching GOAT, add Pop "CIA" skills, it's not hard to imagine they have Victor "under control" for at least a couple seasons

It sucks for us and fans in general, but it's a smart (selfish) business decision

PATFO chooses the easiest route... for them

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“Zach stretches the floor and is a leader- we have the team we want!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As others have said Spurs need to pounce on star while Wemby is still cheap and not waste the last three years of his rookie deal. Its kinda like drafting a star QB in the NFL. You have to maximize during his rookie contract because once the QB gets paid its tougher building talent around him because of cap constraints and picking at the bottom of draft. This dynamic never really exists in the NBA because it usually takes 3-5 years for future MVP's to post this type of production. Joker's and Embiid's first 20/10 season didn't happen until year four.
    Wemby will be cheap through his first 4 years.

Bad analogy, too, since the NFL is a hard capped league. You literally have to clear cap for your draft choices.

I’d rather wait to see what happens this summer in the playoffs. I don’t like Dallas’s chances against the LAC in the first round, and if they bust again, Luka may start the trade wheels in motion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, for once, Keldon and Collins are already yours and won't cost you 3 or 4 unprotected first round picks.

Also, getting the wrong star player absolutely sets your team back years. Plenty of examples to go around: Westbrook in Houston, Harden in Philadelphia, Kyrie and Harden in Brooklyn, Beal in Phoenix, Murray in Atlanta, etc.

It's not as easy as "let's swap this two mediocre players for a flawed star since they are making the same money". When you make a commitment for a player of this caliber, you are making a multi-year commitement, if said player isn't the right choice, you are stuck with him for a while and getting out of that situation might be just as costly as getting into it in the first place.
    No offense dude but that’s not a good response. We are dead last in the west and bringing back the same team. So how does it get worst than last place? Also I’m not talking about Young who I think would only fetch 2 FRPs anyways. But there are a ton of free agents to sign and instead we are bringing back the same exact team that got us last place. So no it can’t get worst for the Spurs bringing in somebody else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense dude but that’s not a good response. We are dead last in the west and bringing back the same team. So how does it get worst than last place? Also I’m not talking about Young who I think would only fetch 2 FRPs anyways. But there are a ton of free agents to sign and instead we are bringing back the same exact team that got us last place. So no it can’t get worst for the Spurs bringing in somebody else
    Spurs never said they were bringing back the same crew, nor was that even implied by Windy, just that they won’t go star ing. I’d bet they do something like Houston did last summer, only not knuckleheads.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs never said they were bringing back the same crew, nor was that even implied by Windy, just that they won’t go star ing. I’d bet they do something like Houston did last summer, only not knuckleheads.
    More 20M role players. Yuck. We already have three of those guys in Keldon, Zollins and Dev and we suck.

I am convinced there are some people who would rather have three 20 dollar bills than one 100 dollar bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More 20M role players. Yuck. We already have three of those guys in Keldon, Zollins and Dev and we suck.

I am convinced there are some people who would rather have three 20 dollar bills than one 100 dollar bill.
    We need three things to improve next year. We need a caretaker PG to run the show until our drafted PG is ready iwho can distribute, play D, and shoot to space, but who doesn’t need a ton of shots. We need a forward who can rebound well and shoot the 3 ball. Doesn’t really need to do anything else. We need a true 3 and D wing. I’ll take those 3 $20M or less role players any day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zollins is paid 20M, but he isn't a 20M caliber role player. Keldon regressed, he's probably closer to neutral. But you can absolutely find contributors at that range,

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need three things to improve next year. We need a caretaker PG to run the show until our drafted PG is ready iwho can distribute, play D, and shoot to space, but who doesn’t need a ton of shots. We need a forward who can rebound well and shoot the 3 ball. Doesn’t really need to do anything else. We need a true 3 and D wing. I’ll take those 3 $20M or less role players any day.
    We already a caretaker PG in Tre Jones. Role players aren’t much good without stars.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it's implied the spurs are not bringing in any huge difference maker so bringing back the same core with most likely what they did last year, a couple of role player changes and what they get in this year's draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already a caretaker PG in Tre Jones. Role players aren’t much good without stars.
    You can't so another season with Tre as the starting PG, he's too much of a liability

He should work on his back up PG skills, that's his seiling

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop implied it multiple times this season and the tweet confirms it

They want a high 25' pick and will soft tank again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it's implied the spurs are not bringing in any huge difference maker so bringing back the same core with most likely what they did last year, a couple of role player changes and what they get in this year's draft.
    If the Spurs play like they did post ASG, they’re on track to win 31 games next year. With internal growth and a few vets maybe they push that closer to mid 30 wins?

Not an unreasonable outcome in Year 2 of Victor while keeping powder dry for 2025.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

You cannot have Trae playing two positions at the same time with 4 total guys on the floor. That's a big difference between Trae and two combined players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs play like they did post ASG, they’re on track to win 31 games next year. With internal growth and a few vets maybe they push that closer to mid 30 wins?

Not an unreasonable outcome in Year 2 of Victor while keeping powder dry for 2025.
    That's what we thought last season and look at us now.
    Less injuries (real or fake) than last season, added a rookie that's already all-NBA level and we'll end up with less wins.

Looking at the West, Blazers and Jazz are the only two teams that will most likely tank next season.
    Everyone else will compete. Some teams will get worse due to their age, but it's unlikely anyone rolls over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what we thought last season and look at us now.
    Less injuries (real or fake) than last season, added a rookie that's already all-NBA level and we'll end up with less wins.

Looking at the West, Blazers and Jazz are the only two teams that will most likely tank next season.
    Everyone else will compete. Some teams will get worse due to their age, but it's unlikely anyone rolls over.
    Apples and Oranges. We underestimated how hard it would be to incorporate the uniqueness of VW, which is something Pop has noted and apparently also all of VW’s former coaches when they were trying to figure out how to add him on past teams. That wont be the case next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn’t shoot well enough off the bounce, and he isn’t great at defense. He’s better suited to 3rd string.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston neither stood pat, nor brought in any stars this year. They brought in a couple of vets, and improved 17 games.
    Last edited by exstatic; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop implied it multiple times this season and the tweet confirms it

They want a high 25' pick and will soft tank again
    lol. A 19 game losing streak isn’t soft tanking.

Thread Information