Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1661
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reduction in foul calls isn't the work of some shadowy NBA officiating cabal like exstatic is making it seem... it's been widely covered, as you pointed out, Knoxxx.

With that said, it's a very good point that needs to be taken into consideration when evaluating a player like Trae (or any other player who successfully gets to the line a lot)
    Never said that, just that it was sudden, like the drop of a guillotine immediately after the ASG and that the league hasn’t said a word, which is unusual to say the least. If there’s a major change to officiating, the league normally releases guidance given to the referees. Knoxxx went looking after reading my post, which said people are vlogging about this. Not so very secret, then.

Do better, scott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I haven’t seen here yet applies to something that has happened since the ASG. The league was so revolted by that game, that they felt they needed to take action to make games compe ive and compelling. There was no statement, or released points of emphasis for referees, but fouls, FTs, and ORtg are all down noticeably, and for one reason. Players are not getting the calls they used to by just flailing and throwing themselves into a defender. I watched a number of YouTubes on this subject that break it down with video, and stats. One thing that struck me was that one of the most common video subjects of before and after is Trae Young. If he’s not going to get to the line as much, he becomes less valuable, since his awful defense will be offset by less.

The consensus seems to be that this is a trial period, and if the league is satisfied, there will be a publicized rollout next season. I for one am glad. The tilt towards an offense only league had gotten totally out of hand, and it’s far past time for a correction. You literally couldn’t touch a player with a live dribble.
    As far as I know, the search function still doesn’t work, so I’m not going to go search for it, but there was even a thread about this very topic on this message board - but you are presenting it as though this is some amazing new discovery that only sleuthy vloggers have found.

I realize your whole schtick is to never research ANYTHING before you post… but c’mon man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I know, the search function still doesn’t work, so I’m not going to go search for it, but there was even a thread about this very topic on this message board - but you are presenting it as though this is some amazing new discovery that only sleuthy vloggers have found.

I realize your whole schtick is to never research ANYTHING before you post… but c’mon man.
    If it was here, I missed it. It happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me you don't watch other teams without telling me you don't watch other teams.

12-9 since Trae got injured.
    11 of those 21 games were against sub .500 teams.
    6-5 in games against teams over .500.

Wins:
    Magic - no Banchero.
    Knicks - everyone injured.
    Cavaliers - no Mitc , Mobley, Strus.
    Clippers - no Russ, but that's like whatever.
    Celtics x2 - In one win against the Celtics they shot 18-36 from deep and other one was DJ's Kobe game. Not discrediting them, just saying.

Deandre Hunter was out for two months earlier in the season. Returned just before Trae went down and he's averaging 17ppg on 40% from 3pt since.
    *In before you say he's playing better without Trae.

Their issues are obvious, Trae and DJ are a pretty bad fit together.

Let me ask you this, going with your logic, what was the issue with Kings and Pacers before that trade?
    Since you're ignoring everything but win percentage, who was the problem in your opinion back then?
    Are you going to tell us that either Fox or Haliburton were to blame for Kings not making it work with two of them?
    Not only is the outlet scorer, Hunter, helping the offense quite a bit, but the defense makes way more sense without two PGs. As you said, the DJ and Young pairing just isn't a good fit. DJs defense has fallen off a cliff, and young has never been a good defender. Replacing young or DJ with someone who can switch and play a more supportive role helps everyone as well.

Quite a few factors going on, but the roster is just not built to feature two PGs. DJ, is a ball dominant PG. He needs the ball in his hands to play well. Same as Trae. Their off ball movement isn't that great either so they hinder eachother without the ball as well. It benefits everyone to move one of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young = Ball dominance.
    Is that archetype compatible with Victor?
    I would rather see a Derick White morphed into a PG with Vic.
    Who wouldn't? Good luck finding it.

Maybe they take another run at Murray, but it'd have to be an alternate construction (like swapping the Spurs and Hawks natural 1sts as part of the package) as opposed to just a lesser version of the trade they made for the Hawks to consider it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll become a Spur this summer for reasons already covered a 100 times in this thread. Lob city!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very least I expect the Spurs to try and get in on a Hawks trade of Murray or Young as a third-team facilitator. I don't know how much interest they have in actually acquiring either one of them.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    ATL is probably going to convince themselves they're better off with Murray once Trae comes back and they inevitably flame out in the play in.

Young will be a Spur this summer imho. Just accept it ST, it's inevitable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something of a shift from 'Trae Young has multiple suitors.' No way of really knowing, but it suggests Young may not be able to get moved. Still don't really see a market for him. Again, I can think of only two teams that might have any interest him, maybe three:

- Lakers, desperate to extend the LeBron timeline and frantic to do something, anything. May depend on if they can bust through the play-in.
    - Wizards, just wanting someone to put butts in the seat. But he didn't even get enough votes to start in the All-Star game in an EC without many great guards.

And...

- Utah, maybe. But seriously doubt it.

I can't think of a single other team in the league who would go for Trae Young right now. Literally can't. He makes a lot of money, is inefficient and high usage, dominates the ball, you have to construct a roster around him and he just doesn't win games. Atlanta is best to realize they have to keep him and limp along. Dejounte should get some interest. He's actually compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah has to do... something. they've had overperforming starts to the last 2 seasons then fell off. lauri is really good, but he's also going to be going into the last year of his deal and will become expensive soon. and they dont have a great roster around him either. probably wont get a great pick in this draft, not that there are great picks to be had.

they also will have cap room to make a splash move. i just dont know if Trae is the play they'll go with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i could see brooklyn try to shuffle and make a move.

bulls wil flail but doubt they can pull anything off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, Trae comes back and DJ sits and they lose to Charlotte...

Hmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hmmm
    My first thought, but they’re not really playing for anything. They can’t drop out of the play in, and they can’t play up to #8, either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My first thought, but they’re not really playing for anything. They can’t drop out of the play in, and they can’t play up to #8, either.
    I know, but you've gotta think they wanted him to get a W to help the optics here .. I'm in the camp that doesn't want to trade for him anyway, but I would like them to move him elsewhere for picks..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hmmm
    This type of post exposes the people who don't actually watch ball, just search scores and jump to conclusions.

In 20 minutes, Trae was perfect from the field, 14 points, 11 assists( in 20 minutes is crazy), 4 rebounds and +9.

They sat their core and played their backups the entire 4th quarter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This type of post exposes the people who don't actually watch ball, just search scores and jump to conclusions.

In 20 minutes, Trae was perfect from the field, 14 points, 11 assists( in 20 minutes is crazy), 4 rebounds and +9.

Save me the time posting this. They made me almost doubt what game I just watched. Trae was sub out mid 3Q. He was great tonight.

With that said, I’d be shocked if the Spurs trade for him. Front office probably too scared to do that. Zero confidence in Brian Wright and I don’t think Pop has any in him too. Problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i can see you are quietly glossing over him having as many TOs as shot attempted over 20 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can see you are quietly glossing over him having as many TOs as shot attempted over 20 minutes
    He averages 4 a game for his career. It's the type of player he is. Curry averages one less a game with much less time holding the ball. 4 a game is bad.

Much like the last poster I quoted, its apparent youre not watching the game and looking for something to "gloss." His impact was obvious.

He was +9.

That means with him on the court, they were 9 points better than the other team. That doesn't mean as much for role players, but when you're the main attraction and running the show, +9 is a good game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae alone wouldn't make them a contender so there isn't a reason to get into a bidding war or over pay for him, especially with that contract. If a good deal comes up, I don't doubt at all they take it serious as anyone would but their superstar is 20 and they have a mul ude of assets to create a foundation for his run. That 2025 draft will be a great opportunity for just that. At the end of the day though, there's only so many roster spots. They likely can't draft 6 rookies in 2025, especially with a big draft in 22, and another one coming up for 24. They have to do something with those picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Save me the time posting this. They made me almost doubt what game I just watched. Trae was sub out mid 3Q. He was great tonight.

With that said, I’d be shocked if the Spurs trade for him. Front office probably too scared to do that. Zero confidence in Brian Wright and I don’t think Pop has any in him too. Problem.
    Yea I don't see it being too likely but the players do seem to like eachother and atlanta does need to move one of those PGs and try to get some draft Capitol back. Makes sense that the spurs would be involved but I don't see him doing a deal where they're not ripping atlanta off again tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That confirms what many of us feared

Be ready for another season of Sochan Tre and Champagnie starting...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be depressing..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I watch plenty of ball, but you're right in that I didn't watch the Atlanta game. My post isn't referring to how Trae played because I could care less. It's about optics when it comes to trade value. The fact is that the team has been performing better with DJ than it has when Trae plays and that affects his trade value.

I'm on record as not wanting him here, so I don't care if he shot well, had to many turnovers, or sat out the 4th. I care about Atlanta being bad next year and Trae's trade value or lack thereof impacts that.

Thread Information