My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this thread, the Spurs are 100% trading with the Hawks.

They are trading for either Young or Murray.

Who do you choose and why? Feel free to include age, stats, contract, play style, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks would be embarrassed not to get their FRP’s back, and the Spurs would be dumb to do so. So it’s not happening. Dejounte is the more complete player, but I wouldn’t want his immaturity around Wemby. Wemby would just get better and will just attract more (and better players) then Dejounte and Trae. Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks would be embarrassed not to get their FRP’s back, and the Spurs would be dumb to do so. So it’s not happening. Dejounte is the more complete player, but I wouldn’t want his immaturity around Wemby. Wemby would just get better and will just attract more (and better players) then Dejounte and Trae. Hard pass.
    Well, John couldn't even play along with the hypothetical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now this is a tough choice....I would need to know age, height, bad habits such as smoking, can they perform in the kitchen, can they watch a game without complaining.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Redhead no question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, John couldn't even play along with the hypothetical.
    I told you Dejounte is the better all-around on both sides of the court. But it’s not happening

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby, Devin and two elite 3-D wings? I'm taking Trae.
    Wemby, Devin and two average defenders? I'm taking DJ.

Honestly, I'd take either one, I'd even take D'Lo over having a rookie starting point guard next season since all of them are fundamentally flawed and will take some time to develop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that scenario, Murray makes the most sense

He offers the most assurances about integration to the system, culture and coaching

His contract is a lot more attactive than Trae's

His defensive ceiling is a lot higher

For all the criticism regarding his immaturity, one could imagine him changing in a diff environement as well as getting older

(still not worth all our ATL picks to)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can package Collins and Keldon and a SRP for Murray and their 2028 FRP. That way they save face and don't have to give us Murray back for one of their own FRPs, but fewer then they gave us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone who keeps saying that the Hawks would never trade DJM back unless they get all their picks back are way off base. If the Spurs traded all the Hawks picks back it would mean that the Hawks had his services for 2 years for free. The Hawks were looking for 2 FRPs for him last year and couldn't get it. The current GM is not the same as the one who traded for DJM. The current group will just blame the former and make the best deal that they can get for him. If it is the Spurs they will do it. They are looking to do what's best for them moving forward not worry about the reputation of the previous GM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone who keeps saying that the Hawks would never trade DJM back unless they get all their picks back are way off base. If the Spurs traded all the Hawks picks back it would mean that the Hawks had his services for 2 years for free. The Hawks were looking for 2 FRPs for him last year and couldn't get it. The current GM is not the same as the one who traded for DJM. The current group will just blame the former and make the best deal that they can get for him. If it is the Spurs they will do it. They are looking to do what's best for them moving forward not worry about the reputation of the previous GM.
    Yep..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those girls are ai

Thread Information