Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young: worth a serious offer, of course, presuming he’s available. No need to rehash all that here.

Avdija: extended with the Wiz through 2027-28, as you show. Is there more to say?

Naz Reid: worth talking about.

Cason Wallace: not worth talking about at this time.

Herb Jones: signed a new contract last summer as you show. Might be worth talking about.

Nick Smith Jr: looks like he can shoot, I guess. Might be somebody to keep an eye on.

Paul George and James Harden, their availability is probably illusory. The Clips need big names to compete with the Fakers in that market, a market which is so celebrity oriented. Ballmer is likely to shovel more money at them, the same as he recently did Leonard, regardless of the Clips playoff results. This is especially true with the new Clips arena opening next season. It seems safe to say the Clips would like to have their smiling faces to help advertise the new house. Ballmer can’t get Jokic, Embiid, LeBron, or Luka, so what else is he going to do?

Isaiah Joe: probably better than the backup shooting guards the Spurs currently have.

Issac Okoro: coming off his rookie contract. Cavs have been picking up the team options but haven’t extended him yet. Worth a look.

Grayson Allen: good shooter. What’s the Spurs interest, tho? Backup SG? Replace Vassell? Allen is overpowered for a backup, and altho Allen shows better shooting percentages than Vassell I’d be iffy about him as a replacement.

Malik Monk: I happen to think he’d help the Spurs.

Tobias Harris: good player. The constant complaint has been that the 76ers overpaid him. He’s on the last year of that big contract at a cool $39.27 M. I would enter a bid for his services, but not at that financial al ude.

Caleb Martin: he has overachieved with the Heat. Can’t say I’m keenly interested in him.

Jalen Smith: I’d look to do better for a backup center. He currently has a lower BLK% than Zollins.
    Avdija- 23 years old..could be attainable... shoots 40% from 3....doesn't cost a ton. Improves the position

Allen- depth depending on cost. Could play alongside a bigger pount in certain lineups...adds toughness and shooting..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched Dallas much this year, but if todays game is any indication, Luka may try to push his way out this summer. He isn't happy and the Kyrie fit is problematic.

That's not to necessarily suggest that he'd want to come here (even though we can put up a strong package), but anytime a player of that magnitude moves it reverberates and we might be able to take advantage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Brown…. We need defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Brown…. We need defense.
    Doesn't fit.
    He's a 6'4 shooting guard. Can't start together with Vassell unless we manage to get the next great point forward.
    And he's making $22M a year, big overpay.

JeffDuncan's list is pretty good, some of us mentioned those players already.
    We should look for good 3-D wings that are in 10-20M per year range.
    Herb Jones and Naz Reid would be perfect.

I wouldn't even be opposed to a slighty overpay in assets for players on cheap, long-term deals compared to getting players that are just solid all-stars on max deals, like for example Bridges.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since they'll probably utilize the natural 1st on a SF, unless Johnson is needed for a Young or Mitc trade, shop him for more draft capital.

I don't know that he'd fetch an outright 1st, but there's a game of musical chairs that could ensue between the Hornets, Pistons and 76ers, with Bridges and Harris. Whoever is left without one could have interest.

The Hornets, in particular, since Bridges blocked a trade to the Suns at the deadline to preserve Bird rights. They also have Bertans large partial guarantee ($5M out of $16M).

Maybe package Johnson and their '24 1st for an upgraded 1st and Mann? Then take that and offer it for Reid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since they'll probably utilize the natural 1st on a SF, unless Johnson is needed for a Young or Mitc trade, shop him for more draft capital.

I don't know that he'd fetch an outright 1st, but there's a game of musical chairs that could ensue between the Hornets, Pistons and 76ers, with Bridges and Harris. Whoever is left without one could have interest.

The Hornets, in particular, since Bridges blocked a trade to the Suns at the deadline to preserve Bird rights. They also have Bertans large partial guarantee ($5M out of $16M).

Maybe package Johnson and their '24 1st for an upgraded 1st and Mann? Then take that and offer it for Reid.
    I'm probably more inclined to use him in a trade for a player, but if Charlotte doesn't keep Miles then i could see KJ + a few seconds in exchange for them lifting the protection on their pick that we hold being on the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want any part of Tobias Harris

He has been a disappointment every year in the playoffs for Philly and come up short as a #3, as a #4, as a #2, everything. He's going to be 32 this summer and it's coming off of last year's series with Boston where he disappeared for 10 points a game on a max contract

Why anyone would want a declining, aging player like him with so many disappointments , I don't know. Spending their free agent money on Harris is a good example of what not to do with Wemby unless it's a 2 year with a team option or non guarantee 2nd year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm probably more inclined to use him in a trade for a player, but if Charlotte doesn't keep Miles then i could see KJ + a few seconds in exchange for them lifting the protection on their pick that we hold being on the table.
    You mean just extend the lottery protection so that it doesn't convert to multiple 2nds post '25 (if that's even possible)?

Otherwise, given the likelihood that they remain in not only the lottery but top half or thereabouts for at least another season, no way they're trade a pick that high for Johnson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean just extend the lottery protection so that it doesn't convert to multiple 2nds post '25 (if that's even possible)?

Otherwise, given the likelihood that they remain in not only the lottery but top half or thereabouts for at least another season, no way they're trade a pick that high for Johnson.
    Could lower the protection and extend. Top 6 protected and extended for 3 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could lower the protection and extend. Top 6 protected and extended for 3 years.
    I don't know that they'd go quite so low, but if they'd do something similar . . .

To Hornets: Johnson
    To Timberwolves: Graham, Hornets protected '24 1st
    To Spurs: Reid, Bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Markannen would be a grea fit next to Victor. I would much rather get him than Trae Young, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't fit.
    He's a 6'4 shooting guard. Can't start together with Vassell unless we manage to get the next great point forward.
    And he's making $22M a year, big overpay.

JeffDuncan's list is pretty good, some of us mentioned those players already.
    We should look for good 3-D wings that are in 10-20M per year range.
    Herb Jones and Naz Reid would be perfect.

I wouldn't even be opposed to a slighty overpay in assets for players on cheap, long-term deals compared to getting players that are just solid all-stars on max deals, like for example Bridges.
    Jones doesn't fit with Vassell already. The way he fits is by pushing a borderline starter in Jones to the bench in favor of a borderline all-NBA guard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones doesn't fit with Vassell already. The way he fits is by pushing a borderline starter in Jones to the bench in favor of a borderline all-NBA guard.
    Are you ok? Where did I say Jones should be the starter going forward?
    Noone sees Jones as a starter, that doesn't mean Bruce Brown with his non-existant playmaking would be an improvement to this team.
    We need an elite playmaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Markannen would be a grea fit next to Victor. I would much rather get him than Trae Young, tbh.
    No one can extend him. He actually has a non guarantee next season, which shows you how far he has come. But also his extension price is so low that he would have to go to free agency to resign him. Similar to Anunoby. Difference is that anunoby wants to be a knick and they already know the figure he is resigning for.

Markannen future desire is unknown. He is saying he wants to be a jazz for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ok? Where did I say Jones should be the starter going forward?
    Noone sees Jones as a starter, that doesn't mean Bruce Brown with his non-existant playmaking would be an improvement to this team.
    We need an elite playmaker.
    Who said I said that? Jones is the status quo. IOW, adding Young doesn't add a problem that does not already exist.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said I said that? Jones is the status quo. IOW, adding Young doesn't add a problem that does not already exist.
    At this point you're just trying to start an argument for the sake of it.
    I'm honestly not interested.
    There's no chance Tre starts next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point you're just trying to start an argument for the sake of it.
    I'm honestly not interested.
    There's no chance Tre starts next season.
    You seem to struggle to even consider my argument. Whether or not Jones starts next season, adding Young would not produce a new problem.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to struggle to even consider my argument. Whether or not Jones starts next season, adding Young would not produce a new problem.
    Young? You were talking about Bruce Brown, ffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young? You were talking about Bruce Brown, ffs.
    works for both of them. Vassell being a bad fit because he is undersized himself and a mediocre defender does not mean that we should not upgrade Jones because of a potential fit with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh 100%

i just think he's much less likely to be available or reasonably priced

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    works for both of them. Vassell being a bad fit because he is undersized himself and a mediocre defender does not mean that we should not upgrade Jones because of a potential fit with him.
    how is vassell undersized? 6'5, 200 with a 6'11 wingspan is very good size for a SG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh 100%

i just think he's much less likely to be available or reasonably priced
    He's an unrestricted free agent next year, he'd command the max but I don't see why the Spurs couldn't at least be an attractive destination for him (same goes for Donovan Mitc and Derrick White).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is vassell undersized? 6'5, 200 with a 6'11 wingspan is very good size for a SG
    undersized hopes and dreams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an unrestricted free agent next year, he'd command the max but I don't see why the Spurs couldn't at least be an attractive destination for him (same goes for Donovan Mitc and Derrick White).
    assuming there's no extension, and assuming you are comfortable waiting until 2025 and hoping he picks you

as opposed to acquiring a guy in 2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair. He doesn't play large/long on offense or defense. I don't see him using it to fight through picks or contest shots nor do I see him extend to finish. He is more prone to leverage his leaping.

Thread Information