Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mikal Bridges will turn 28 this summer. Definitely not on the timeline. A guy like Anunoby would have been prefect, b but now that I look, he's going y be 27 this summer. That's crazy. He's going to get a lot in salary from the Knicks.

The SF is the position of vital need IMO. Julian just isn't a starter. With a competent 3& decent D guy the floor rises a lot. Many of the games we've lost would become more winnable.

Not really needing to splurge on a PG. It's a need but not nearly so urgent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mikal Bridges will turn 28 this summer. Definitely not on the timeline. A guy like Anunoby would have been prefect, b but now that I look, he's going y be 27 this summer. That's crazy. He's going to get a lot in salary from the Knicks.

The SF is the position of vital need IMO. Julian just isn't a starter. With a competent 3& decent D guy the floor rises a lot. Many of the games we've lost would become more winnable.

I think the timeline for Bridges is fine. I think the rumblings of pressure we hear around Wembanyama actually make 28 year old players a better fit than they would have a couple months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I'd absolutely not trade good assets for a 28 year old. That makes no sense whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ, Pop, Spurs 1R pick (top 5 protected)
    for
    Ty Maxey and Nick Nurse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I'd absolutely not trade good assets for a 28 year old. That makes no sense whatsoever.
    In a situation where your 20 year old generational talent says 'get talent around me' it actually does unless you can find a younger player similarly talented for the same price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon, the Toronto 1st, and a couple of 2nds for Jordan Hawkins and Herb Jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon, the Toronto 1st, and a couple of 2nds for Jordan Hawkins and Herb Jones
    make it the charotte first and like 5 seconds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should definitely not overlook our ability to use some SRPs to add some useful veteran depth to this team in the offseason!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mikal Bridges has around 7 more years of good basketball, how's that not on the timeline?

This idea that every Wemby partner needs to be U-24 is dumb. You get the best players available to build the best team possible, and when they're done, you get others.

Imagine back in the days thinking "David Robinson isn't in the same timeline as Tim Duncan, let's trade him".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a situation where your 20 year old generational talent says 'get talent around me' it actually does unless you can find a younger player similarly talented for the same price.
    Not at the prices Brooklyn wants. Not opposed to 28 year-olds, of course, but selling the farm to get a player who will be over the hill at 32 by the time Wembanyama is 24? How does that make sense. Then we'd be crying that we wasted all these nice draft picks for him. The opportunity cost there is massive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at the prices Brooklyn wants. Not opposed to 28 year-olds, of course, but selling the farm to get a player who will be over the hill at 32 by the time Wembanyama is 24? How does that make sense. Then we'd be crying that we wasted all these nice draft picks for him. The opportunity cost there is massive.
    32 is no longer "over the hill" in current times, tbh. In fact, that's pretty much right at the peak of your powers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32 is no longer "over the hill" in current times, tbh. In fact, that's pretty much right at the peak of your powers.
    For most players that's pretty much the end of the line. I mean, be pointlessly pedantic if you want trying to convince yourself trading great picks for Mikal Bridges is a great idea. It's not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I proposed selling the farm for MB. I do think that adding MB + CJ is of greater value than Trae, but I don't really want to overpay on either deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious what the true price for MB would be, but Sean Marks is kind of like Ainge, always trying to completely molest the other side of the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For most players that's pretty much the end of the line. I mean, be pointlessly pedantic if you want trying to convince yourself trading great picks for Mikal Bridges is a great idea. It's not.
    I have no opinion made on a Bridges trade, just saying that 32 is not what it used to be across all sports, heck, in life in general.

P/S: lol the irony of you blaming anyone else of being "pedantic". That would be like me doing the same, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is I'm right a lot more often than you, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The timeline is gone. Ancient history. As obsolete as the musket.

Wemby erased the timeline. He’s putting up stats of 21-10, leading the league in blocks, and he’s the most intimidating player in the NBA. He’s a rookie by the calendar, but he has the on-court presence of a seasoned, veteran, all star.

People thought Wemby might take, oh, maybe 3 years to “grow up” as an NBA player. That’s what I thought. It seemed reasonable enough. Well guess what. He “grew up” in 5 months.

Kids these days, I’ll tell ya. Hahaha.

Wemby, himself, is ready for a le run. Now.

The age of his teammates no longer matters. There’s no need to focus on youngsters who can “grow up” with Wemby, because he’s already there.

The people in the Spurs front office need to pluck out the chicken feathers, show some courage, take some chances and make some moves. Let’s rock and let’s roll.

Believe.
    Post Count

Wemby erased the timeline. He’s putting up stats of 21-10, leading the league in blocks, and he’s the most intimidating player in the NBA. He’s a rookie by the calendar, but he has the on-court presence of a seasoned, veteran, all star.

People thought Wemby might take, oh, maybe 3 years to “grow up” as an NBA player. That’s what I thought. It seemed reasonable enough. Well guess what. He “grew up” in 5 months.

The age of his teammates no longer matters. There’s no need to focus on youngsters who can “grow up” with Wemby, because he’s already there.

The people in the Spurs front office need to pluck out the chicken feathers, show some courage, take some chances and make some moves. Let’s rock and let’s roll.
    omg yes exactly. We need Brad Stevens. Has balls of steel to make the big trades. Imagine if we had gotten Jrue Holiday and Porzing last summer. We’d probably already be a contender and still loaded wirh future picks and lots of young players to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    omg yes exactly. We need Brad Stevens. Has balls of steel to make the big trades. Imagine if we had gotten Jrue Holiday and Porzing last summer. We’d probably already be a contender and still loaded wirh future picks and lots of young players to develop.
    Do you still want to trade for Giddey?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The problem is we are not the Flakers were not a beacon for free agents and anyone coming is going to want Max contract. If the right player becomes available and we don’t have to pay a kings ransom then go for it but I am not throwing my draft picks away just so we can win 40 games.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Do you still want to trade for Giddey?
    if we can get him cheap, sure. The one thing this team needs is better playmakers. Well honestly they need pretty much everything. Especially shooting too.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so 7 seconds

Believe.
    Post Count
    The problem is we are not the Flakers were not a beacon for free agents and anyone coming is going to want Max contract. If the right player becomes available and we don’t have to pay a kings ransom then go for it but I am not throwing my draft picks away just so we can win 40 games.
    sure but we can be Milwaukee can’t we? They just got one of the best players in the league and they are always trying to get every single good player who comes up available. That’s what we need to be, Milwaukee, hustling for every good player instead of standing on the sidelines watching and waiting and developing, too proud to go after anyone apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we can get him cheap, sure. The one thing this team needs is better playmakers. Well honestly they need pretty much everything. Especially shooting too.
    You wanted to give lottery picks for him, that's not cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bend over, I'll give you 7 seconds or less

Thread Information