Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tells me that if the FO thinks he's just gonna sit around while Pop loses games, they're out of their mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fair to say, Pop ain't going anywhere as far as ownership is concerned because of his legacy and recent contract with the Spurs organization. That being said, the one thing (person) that can change that is a disgruntled Victor. Doesn't look like we are there yet based on VW's comments post game but stay tuned.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tells me that if the FO thinks he's just gonna sit around while Pop loses games, they're out of their mind.
    And then Pop subbed him back out a minute or two later right? Do you have a source confirming?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't it happen twice, though? Wemby played what were effectively two one-minute stints in the second half of the quarter. It was weird to sub him in the first time if they weren't willing to let him play the rest of the game (because what's the upside?). I'm glad that Wemby wants to be in there. You'd have to think that Pop must really be hearing that Wemby needs to stick under his limit if he'd pull him twice like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then Pop subbed him back out a minute or two later right? Do you have a source confirming?
    “I wasn't allowed to sub in but I still did it. The coach sent me out right after,” the Spurs leading scorer said.

Asked, following the Spurs' 106-98 loss, if he feels like he's ready to play more minutes, Wemby didn't hesitate.

“Yes,” the top overall pick in the 2023 NBA Draft answered with perhaps as much frustration as anticipation.
    https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-...te-not-allowed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For having the rep of being a "boring" franchise, there sure seems to be a lot of ancillary distractions (sub in-gate, Pop's mic moment) this year. And that's not even factoring in like Primo flashing his to a psychiatrist.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully openly defying Pop like that will wake the old man the up. Seeing Topic post 4 points in his first Euroleague game this year makes it even more clear there is no reason whatsoever to be tanking this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been confirme in the post game interviews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also acknowledged that if the staff says that he needs to have his minutes limited, he needs to trust them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully openly defying Pop like that will wake the old man the up. Seeing Topic post 4 points in his first Euroleague game this year makes it even more clear there is no reason whatsoever to be tanking this season.
    Isn't Popped contract a coachs option (Pop himself has the opt out option) kicking in year 3?
    Yes if his destructive pride could be breached we could see real progress with Wama Championships pursuit moving forward.
    Either by staying and becoming reasonable or by leaving and being reasonable.
    Praying .jpeg dog that ownship gets involved for the betterment of the TEAM.

He's soo image conscious and tries to virtue signal 24/7 so ya, perhaps this incident will pang him with what went on with Kawhi.

Reminder, site owner had said the Kahwi - Spurs org rift was about 50-50.
    Not talking about the method and tactic he forced the trade, rather what led up to the demand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also acknowledged that if the staff says that he needs to have his minutes limited, he needs to trust them.
    Yes.

Hoping it's just normal "teenager wants to stay out later, parental unit(s) said no i want you safe and home by midnight."

No ill will, just a healthy compromise.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on Wemby for showing the biggest egomaniac in basketball that he’s not some beta pussy that can be controlled like Pop likes them.

It’s ridiculous to see this kid sit out majority of quarters and lose any type of rhythm he had because he was benched for 15+ real time minutes. He hates losing and knows the games get busted out of proportion every time he sits the majority of the 3rd quarter.

He has the right mentality you’re supposed to have in this day and age. It’s on Pop to get over himself for the first time in his life. It’s why Lebron and Kobe would never take his . Cristiano Ronaldo also refused to listen to his manager when asked to sub in during garbage time and walked off. Good on Victor for admitting he’s frustrated with this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop running out another superstar. Keep dumping on your legacy that Tim built for you, old man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby starting to get sick of the bull and it shows. They need to start listening to him now... not later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chicken littles making a big deal, “the sky is falling” bs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For having the rep of being a "boring" franchise, there sure seems to be a lot of ancillary distractions (sub in-gate, Pop's mic moment) this year. And that's not even factoring in like Primo flashing his to a psychiatrist.
    bahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillngham is the savior we need for PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like his offensive game but I fear he might prove to be too little for the NBA. When it's championship time teams will target him relentlessly possession after possession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurraider21 called it

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know ball brother

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know where this is coming from, but if true, this is big. When have you seen players, much less rookies, subbing themselves in? It shows a clear frustration by Wemby with how Pop is managing things. This could be the start of something bigger if the old man doesn't take notes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think it's funny to frame this as wemby vs pop. Wemby knows the team is and needs to tank, he knows there an injury risk. he also knows he has to be a leader and that the team can't win without him. Most of you cna't remember being 20 and feeling invincible and trying to figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like his offensive game but I fear he might prove to be too little for the NBA. When it's championship time teams will target him relentlessly possession after possession.
    I’m looking at his height and it’s anywhere from as low as 6’1 to as high as 6’3. So I figure him to be 6’2 which is a good height for a PG and not undersized at all. It would mean Vassell has to learn to play defense, but he needed to do that anyways to work on our team going forward.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pussies in here think teenagers need to have every second micro managed or their bodies will crumble. Tim played 40 minutes regularly his early years. If his ankle is an issue then don’t play him. There is no difference between the laying 24 or 30 minutes for him. Only thing affecting him are the horrific rotations his coach puts him on and always pulls him whenever he’s on a roll because muh minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham is a lot of fun to watch and is clearly a great offensive talent, but I worry abut him defensively tbh. Just small and frail. Will be a liability on that end. But what better team for him to go to than the one who has a 7'4 shot-blocking monster in the paint. I wouldn't be mad at it tbh.

I’m looking at his height and it’s anywhere from as low as 6’1 to as high as 6’3. So I figure him to be 6’2 which is a good height for a PG and not undersized at all. It would mean Vassell has to learn to play defense, but he needed to do that anyways to work on our team going forward.

He doesn't even look a full 6'2 in pics imo, though I could be wrong. Think he's probably 6'1 and change, around the same height as Trae Young or maybe just a little taller. Though he's not the same talent that Trae is obviously. But he'd be a instant upgrade to our offense at least.

Thread Information