Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if your range of acceptable point guards is guys bigger than 6'3, who can defend, who can hit 3's with volume, who can penetrate, and also have good passing/vision, you might be waiting for quite a while

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh Dillingham has some Manu in him with his fancy dribbling and no-lookes passes and all that. The old man would probably hate him tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if your range of acceptable point guards is guys bigger than 6'3, who can defend, who can hit 3's with volume, who can penetrate, and also have good passing/vision, you might be waiting for quite a while
    Yea that's why I said I'd gladly take him on this team despite his defensive limitations. I'd welcome a poor-man's Trae Young with open arms. He'd be one of our best offensive players from day 1 and would finally give us a play-making PG. He operates well out of the PnR due to his quickness off the bounce and his ability to shoot the 3 at a high clip (45% on 4.5 attempts/per is great). Efficiency near the pain needs to go up a bit but that should in time with some experience. He'd also bring entertainment to a team severely lacking outside of Wemby. I'm all for it if we somehow hang onto that TOR pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An explosive athlete and effective player at the point would be great - I need to check out Dillingham's videos to see what's up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea that's why I said I'd gladly take him on this team despite his defensive limitations. I'd welcome a poor-man's Trae Young with open arms. He'd be one of our best offensive players from day 1 and would finally give us a play-making PG. He operates well out of the PnR too due to his quickness off the bounce and his ability to shoot the 3 at a high clip (45% on 4.5 attempts/per is great). Efficiency needs to go up a bit but that should in time with some experience. He'd also bring entertainment to a team severely lacking outside of Wemby. I'm all for it if we somehow hang onto that TOR pick.
    patty is the last time we had a point guard that could simply pull up for 3 off the dribble when defenders tried going under a screen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An explosive athlete and effective player at the point would be great - I need to check out Dillingham's videos to see what's up.

Here's Dillingham dominating Overtime Elite. Obviously far less structured than even NCAA ball, but you can clearly see the talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patty is the last time we had a point guard that could simply pull up for 3 off the dribble when defenders tried going under a screen
    That is depressingly true. The fact we've gone 3 years now without a guard capable of doing that is actually pretty nuts tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is depressingly true. The fact we've gone 3 years now without a guard capable of doing that is actually pretty nuts tbh
    its such an easy way to get reasonably efficient offense to capitalize on any form of lazy defense on any given possession, and we havent been able to do that in so long. its easy offense, and our offense consistently feels like its a struggle to get off even a reasonable shot. then the other team walks down the court and gets off a quality 3 point look with 15 left on the shot clock

just imagine the pressure you could create with a high screen and roll from wemby with a player who can pull up for 3 or attack and dish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FREE WEMBY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much incontrovertible evidence that, if there’s a tanking situation occurring, Wemby’s clearly not aware of it and/or won’t be playing along with it.

Awesome leadership by the big fella. He’s stepping up a lot more suddenly and it’s nice to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so simple

spurs couldnt dream of a point guard doing this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh and he was there for the taking too. Been saying for months the Spurs should make a run at Quickley dude isn't leaving Toronto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is.... is Gianis gonna pussy out tomorrow vs Wemby?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is.... is Gianis gonna pussy out tomorrow vs Wemby?
    real question is if pop will suspend wemby for a game because he subbed himself in

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    real question is if pop will suspend wemby for a game because he subbed himself in
    he needs to get over himself

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if this was soccer this would be a guarantee. Ronaldo got banished/suspended from Manchester United for refusing to be subbed on during garbage time and it was all the world was talking about

Now in this case? Won’t even make the front page of the San Antonio Express News lol

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't defend Pop here. Deserves all the criticism basketball-wise. He's old-school to a fault/extreme. Nobody is really going to hold him accountable, and definitely not his assistant coaches, who look to be yes-men and just happy to be an NBA coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is on another level when it comes to taking care of his body and he seems to be the kind of person that likes making his own path. He seems to embrace being unique. We have all seen the stretching routines and heard about his strict sleeping schedule. He has spent this extra time to become durable and avoid injuries. It's an insult to his dedication and training that they are treating him with kid gloves. He spends all this time doing stretches and getting his body ready to play and be great, not sit on the bench..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so simple

spurs couldnt dream of a point guard doing this

Yea having a lead Guard who can do that would literally change our offense entirely. Wemby/Dilly PnR could be nasty for years to come tbh. Would also really open things up for Devin and Keldon imo. They wouldn’t have to force the issue so much and could settle back into more complimentary roles. Either way, even if it’s not Dilly, Spurs have to find a play-making Guard this off-season. It’s an absolute must in order for this team to take a step forward next year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just want Magic without the AIDS and with some defensive intensity, don't think it's too much to ask tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea having a lead Guard who can do that would literally change our offense entirely. Wemby/Dilly PnR could be nasty for years to come tbh. Would also really open things up for Devin and Keldon imo. They wouldn’t have to force the issue so much and could settle back into more complimentary roles. Either way, even if it’s not Dilly, Spurs have to find a play-making Guard this off-season. It’s an absolute must in order for this team to take a step forward next year.
    at this stage, the only FA who is particularly appealing to me is Malik Monk. he's been in the league for a while but is still just about to turn 26. good outside shooter, can score in bunches. has made strides as a playmaker. imo is still more of a combo guard/secondary playmaker, but who knows.

otherwise monte morris is intriguing. been hurt all season and should be affordable. wouldnt let him prevent me from drafting somebody though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death, Taxes, and Kentucky guards in the NBA. Spurs should get 1 on the roster next year one way or the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Wemby. Don't take any sh!t

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him, but hope to avoid another Kawhi situation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count