Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs players aren't just young. They're young with bad BBIQ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be worse I guess. I'm happy with them being compe ive. It's all I can ask for this talent-less, low bball IQ team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sochan has dropped several passes today but hasnt been credited with a single turnover ... feel bad for the passers

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon was a passive little when he was sharing the court with Osman and McD, but turns into prime Brandon Jennings when Victor is on the court with him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and Champagnie need to be gone tomorrow. Without those 2, Spurs would be leading.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll take wesley tbh
    Not expecting the world from him. Just love that the man plays defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassel earning his contract for sure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs scouts used to find the likes of Neal or Green, now it's Champagnie

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Encouraged by the defense so far, even with that stupid 10-0 run. Half those were stupid ref points. A lot of points left on the table on offense though. So far this thing’s winnable. Come on boys, let’s show some fire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now they find sex addict predators like Primo and Forbes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wesley with good d.....man is better then branham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porzingis is skull ing the Auschwitz refugee at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know that what you're describing has happened, but i think you just overstate it.

i think there were instances of ill advised passes to wemby. i think there were even more passes that were the right decision but poorly executed. and even more than those are the completely missed opportunities
    Wemby's not superman. While he has converted low-percentage plays, he's fundamentally like any other young big. He needs to be set up on the majority of his attempts, not just given the ball and expected to make it work. The plays folks were calling for Wemby to get are plays you don't see any team trying to get for their bigs, not even tall, long and athletic bigs like Jordan or McGee in their primes. The Spurs aren't even getting the best looks now -- they don't have the perimeter threat to create them -- but you can already see how much easier it is to get him the ball when he and the ball-handler coordinate the movements rather than Wemby freelancing.

Cherry-picking creates situations where you have him down the court with his man and the ball still in near the opposing rim. Those are low-percentage passes. Even the one Wesley threw was on the move from near mid-court. The much more consistent thing to do would be for Wemby to actually run down the court with the ball-handler, space the fastbreak appropriately and come in for the finish once the defense commits to stopping the ball. That's an easier pass, his man doesn't have a chance to set up, and if the pass isn't covered up, then another player has a fast-break score. That's a high-percentage play, both for Wemby and the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now they find sex addict predators like Primo and Forbes
    Forbes was a predator?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wesley with good d.....man is better then branham
    sure his defense is better but can he replicate branham's inability to score or playmake?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and Champagnie need to be gone tomorrow. Without those 2, Spurs would be leading.
    Because you’re fine with Vassel??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is a 6th man at best, not worth what we’re paying him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    40 points. Damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby's not superman. While he has converted low-percentage plays, he's fundamentally like any other young big. He needs to be set up on the majority of his attempts, not just given the ball and expected to make it work. The plays folks were calling for Wemby to get are plays you don't see any team trying to get for their bigs, not even tall, long and athletic bigs like Jordan or McGee in their primes. The Spurs aren't even getting the best looks now -- they don't have the perimeter threat to create them -- but you can already see how much easier it is to get him the ball when he and the ball-handler coordinate the movements rather than Wemby freelancing.

Cherry-picking creates situations where you have him down the court with his man and the ball still in near the opposing rim. Those are low-percentage passes. Even the one Wesley threw was on the move from near mid-court. The much more consistent thing to do would be for Wemby to actually run down the court with the ball-handler, space the fastbreak appropriately and come in for the finish once the defense commits to stopping the ball. That's an easier pass, his man doesn't have a chance to set up, and if the pass isn't covered up, then another player has a fast-break score. That's a high-percentage play, both for Wemby and the team.
    obviously he needs to get set up. especially now when hes not really much of an isolation/post scorer and lacks go-to moves. but thats what im talking about. teammates missed opportunities to set him up with good looks because they were either afraid to or inept at throwing him good lobs. those lobs, if executed, would have been setting him up

the funny thing is, you cite guys like mcgee and jordan, but im not sure those make your case. those are both guys who were drastically less skilled than wemby, but were capable of being double digit scorers with high efficiency because teammates went out of their way to give them opportunities which those rare bigs can exploit because of their unique athletic traits. wemby isn't the leaper than jordan/mcgee were, but he has a longer wingspan and standing reach than either, while being more nimble than either and with much better touch. if jordan could score 12ppg by being spoonfed dunks, wemby should be able to be spoonfed at least 12 easy ppg in addition to the other stuff he can do
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-02-2024 at 09:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC heard Champaign got excited tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre is physically limited but him fighting on defense is such a nice contrast from what we see branham do going through the motions. drew an offensive foul by fighting around the screen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh no... victor made the one footed 3

now he's gonna start launching those

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victory with a double bank one legged 3 like he thought the shot clock was at 1 instead of 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby out here playing HORSE tbh.

Thread Information