Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was at the game. Spurs no show. Lost Fantasy Football championship by a point. I hate sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of work is required.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will die a Spurs fan but the product that they are putting out there right now is unwatchable. Pop said after game that he was proud at how well the team fought and applauds the effort!?! You have got to be kidding me... this is pathetic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO better wake up. Nothing in this upcoming lottery is going going to save this team and convince Wemby to stay.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO better wake up. Nothing in this upcoming lottery is going going to save this team and convince Wemby to stay.
    Especially from a front office whose last four non Wemby first round picks have all been busts: Primo, Sochan, Branham, Wesley. Already looking like the plan will be to keep this pos team together and tank for Cooper Flagg too.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did the Spurs change colors to brown and orange for some games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I laugh when people say the Spurs are purposely tanking.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I will die a Spurs fan but the product that they are putting out there right now is unwatchable. Pop said after game that he was proud at how well the team fought and applauds the effort!?! You have got to be kidding me... this is pathetic
    Of course he said that. It's like a little league team, you don't expect much but then Pop just signed a huge contract not long ago, he's not going to say he's not doing a great job.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I said this a few days ago and exstatic claimed I cannot read Victor's mind, which is true. So all this is conjecture, pure speculation.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not everybody is from San Antonio or has an affiliation with it. We started liking the team for different reasons and when those reasons are gone, that makes it more difficult to like it when you are not from there.
    Bon voyage. Don't forget to write.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cause they are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s their city edition uni for this season. I’d say 90% of feedback is that it’s ugly and awful.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My favorite NBA content this season.

Gregg Popovich is ruining the sport! He is atrocious!
    And Brett Brown being on his coaching staff is offensive! How is he on any staff!?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Film Session guy is a gem. Seems sincere, too. Does it for other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have to have a “city uniform” that changes every year. This year, it’s retro-60s-Southwestern themed to remember Hemisfair.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially from a front office whose last four non Wemby first round picks have all been busts: Primo, Sochan, Branham, Wesley. Already looking like the plan will be to keep this pos team together and tank for Cooper Flagg too.
    I hope that they have a better plan than to tank another year with low probability to get Cooper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My favorite NBA content this season.

Gregg Popovich is ruining the sport! He is atrocious!
    And Brett Brown being on his coaching staff is offensive! How is he on any staff!?
    So what is the issue with Popovich? Did he forget how to teach defensive basics? Is he purposely teaching a bad scheme in order to tank? Does he no longer have the energy or the will to put forth the effort to work on their mistakes? Has he lost his edge and is no longer willing to be hard on players? Is he self-conscious about being a cis-het white man with privilege? What exactly is his problem?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Problem with that is some team will jump to the first pick over the Spurs probably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem with that is some team will jump to the first pick over the Spurs probably.
    There’s no generational player this year, so top 3 is probably fine. There isn’t even a consensus #1 yet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is the issue with Popovich? Did he forget how to teach defensive basics? Is he purposely teaching a bad scheme in order to tank? Does he no longer have the energy or the will to put forth the effort to work on their mistakes? Has he lost his edge and is no longer willing to be hard on players? Is he self-conscious about being a cis-het white man with privilege? What exactly is his problem?
    Honestly, it's a bit of everything.
    Media always talks about father time being undefeated when it comes to players, but same goes for coaches.
    Pop always adapted and reinvented himself, but at this point he looks done.

Yeah, we don't have a point guard and that makes our offense look really bad at times, his experimenting doesn't help, either.
    But at least you can see what he's trying to do. Even though the players don't fit that style and are missing key qualities for it.

On the other side, defense is just atrocious because his methods are arhaic and he acts as if letting an open corner three still isn't that big of a deal.
    Even if we still had a top3 defensive roster, some of his rotations and schemes would get exploited. Let alone with this bunch of turnstiles.

He's turning 75 this month and I don't see the point of him building another roster around a 19 year old.
    He's done way too much to ever be fired, but if he stays for another season, it could get really ugly.
    Cracks were starting to show almost a decade ago, DDR years were bad and now it's just awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is the issue with Popovich? Did he forget how to teach defensive basics? …

Pop is an administrator. A manager, an organizer. The last time he did serious, sustained work with players, at the nuts-and-bolts level of detail, was probably back in the ’90s before he became the Spurs GM.

Pop, himself, doesn’t teach defensive basics. His staff does all that work. Pop is supposed to be supervising, meaning he’s supposed to take steps if the results are not good.

However, the results are not good, and Pop is not taking steps. But then, why should he? He has no fear of replacement. Pop is the Spurs’ Fearless Leader Forever, like Mao was in China, Stalin in the USSR, Castro in Cuba, Franco in Spain.

Why is Bret Brown on the staff? Because he’s a buddy of Pop. That’s the only reason. This is what you get with dictatorial leadership. The Fearless Leader will hire people with whom he feels comfortable, regardless of merit. Happens every time.

Pop’s ascension to the dictatorship has led to a cultural revolution, with a new slogan: “Screw it, we didn’t want to be good anyway.” Learn it, live it, love it.

Happy New Year!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is an administrator. A manager, an organizer. The last time he did serious, sustained work with players, at the nuts-and-bolts level of detail, was probably back in the ’90s before he became the Spurs GM.

Pop, himself, doesn’t teach defensive basics. His staff does all that work. Pop is supposed to be supervising, meaning he’s supposed to take steps if the results are not good.

However, the results are not good, and Pop is not taking steps. But then, why should he? He has no fear of replacement. Pop is the Spurs’ Fearless Leader Forever, like Mao was in China, Stalin in the USSR, Castro in Cuba, Franco in Spain.

Why is Bret Brown on the staff? Because he’s a buddy of Pop. That’s the only reason. This is what you get with dictatorial leadership. The Fearless Leader will hire people with whom he feels comfortable, regardless of merit. Happens every time.

Pop’s ascension to the dictatorship has led to a cultural revolution, with a new slogan: “Screw it, we didn’t want to be good anyway.” Learn it, live it, love it.

Happy New Year!
    I was thinking how I wish we had Carlesimo back, but then saw he's ing 74 too. Still, this team desperately needs good assistant coaches so I'd take his old ass back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no generational player this year, so top 3 is probably fine. There isn’t even a consensus #1 yet.
    Doesn't look like much difference anywhere in the top 7 or 8, maybe even top 10 picks, another reason I ing hate tanking this season and could care less about draft position changing had they been able to trade for Quickley or Anunoby since there is no way this team would be sniffing the play-in anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    86% chance in the best case. Tanking is re ed once you have gotten your franchise player. It's not like when the Rockets got Sampson and knew they could tank for a coin-flip for Olajuwon with Jordan the backup plan now that we have a lottery and flattened odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Happy New Year!
    Are young players ruined by incompetent coaching in their developmental years? Do they learn too many bad habits? Or can they be turned around once they get good coaching? I’m thinking like what Udoka has done replacing Silas in Houston.

Thread Information