Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    "Julian and Jeremy are great players" -someone on ST

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Agree....lol how did this team win 22 games last season (without Victor)?
    Because everyone was trying to tank for Victor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And this is why we need to tank and get a top 5 draft picks for this year and YES even for next year...
    Wemby won't stick around if there is another year of this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can watch Wemby highlights on ESPN.

Spurs are unwatchable. Anyone defending POP is drunk. Lot of them around...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics fans have taken over the AT&T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, talk about wasting Wemby. We bench him vs Portland... totally beatable... to save him for the best team in the league 2 days later. Everything Spurs is stupid right now. Even our subs think they're better than they are. No body diving on the floor.. nothing. (Maybe except Barlow is trying.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley sucks, omfg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance 2023

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s 2024 and we have 10 to 12 players who can’t shoot the 3 ball

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that if it wasn't for Wemby getting drafted, I would be done with the Spurs. I started being a fan because of Robinson and then the whole international team but now the team is just pathetic.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Undefeated in 2024 yup

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I think that if it wasn't for Wemby getting drafted, I would be done with the Spurs. I started being a fan because of Robinson and then the whole international team but now the team is just pathetic.
    Don't let the door hit you..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't let the door hit you..
    Not everybody is from San Antonio or has an affiliation with it. We started liking the team for different reasons and when those reasons are gone, that makes it more difficult to like it when you are not from there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not everybody is from San Antonio or has an affiliation with it. We started liking the team for different reasons and when those reasons are gone, that makes it more difficult to like it when you are not from there.
    bro this normal with a rebuilding team....Every team goes thru this eventually....We will rise again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one could test the theoretical limits of how bad a loss can be. Quantum Basketball.
    The Popovich-Wright Particle (40 point loss) was almost achieved again, but our lads fought and defied all the experts to pull out a 33-pt loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate your fandom, and I understand what you are saying... but (and please don't take this the wrong way) you're just not a die hard. A lot of us are from SA (including me, though I'm now very far away) and could go 0-82 for the next decade and I'd still pay for League Pass, watch almost every game, and on this message board. It's just the way of the Puro fans.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think we are making the playin this year fellas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ownership group should look long and hard at the entire operation ASAP. Popovich will not pay with his job, but he should also realize this thing will not get turned around in the next 1-2 years. Brian Wright should not be the GM of this team given his "contributions" - if he is the person responsible for the scouts and draftee evaluation - his grade is moving to "D" or "F" very quickly.

In Spurs world, maybe there is no more accountability for the front office - coaching included. Grades are possibly considered "mean".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate your fandom, and I understand what you are saying... but (and please don't take this the wrong way) you're just not a die hard. A lot of us are from SA (including me, though I'm now very far away) and could go 0-82 for the next decade and I'd still pay for League Pass, watch almost every game, and on this message board. It's just the way of the Puro fans.
    This term is so ridiculous. Puro? Puro what? Just like Por Vida, it makes no sense really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll admit I'm spoiled - given the decades of very good basketball I've witnessed with the Spurs. But this current collection of players is unwatchable - especially when Wemby is not on the floor. There is very little substance on the floor right now - most of the players on this years team will be out of the NBA in two or three years. Playing a three or four year waiting game for things to be in a better place seems line a very long time after the last 3-4 years of bad basketball.

Some of the guys (hopefully) putting the Spurs back on the map may be freshman or Sophmores in high school. Yuck!

My hope is the Spurs will purposely look for experienced college players to fill out the bulk of the roster going forward. I guess for the high lottery picks in the coming 2-3 years, you have to go BPA (easier said than done). There will thankfully be many picks coming and should be a ton of cap room to buy a vet or two or three in the next couple of years. No more stiffs hopefully.

This embarrassing level of performance should make EVERYONE uneasy about their respective job.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 12-31-2023 at 10:05 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I started watching the Spurs because I didn’t want to be a Bulls/Jordan fan and at the time everybody liked Jordan in France due to the little exposure to the NBA. In France at the time, we had only one game on TV per week and I saw Robinson play and I was like « I’ll be a San Antonio » fan, no idea where it was. They added Duncan and a long list of international players with of course Parker from France. That was the perfect team for me. Of course it helped that they were winning. Lately, they have been less international, of course not as good but that’s okay as long as they are competing a little bit. But right now, it’s rock bottom, not fun to watch and when you are not from San Antonio, there is not much left, they don’t do much to make themselves likeable. It’s not like I’m going to go root for another team, I’m not the jump wagon type. But at least they have Wemby and I’m hopeful that they’ll get better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I started watching the Spurs because I didn’t want to be a Bulls/Jordan fan and at the time everybody liked Jordan in France due to the little exposure to the NBA. In France at the time, we had only one game on TV per week and I saw Robinson play and I was like « I’ll be a San Antonio » fan, no idea where it was. They added Duncan and a long list of international players with of course Parker from France. That was the perfect team for me. Of course it helped that they were winning. Lately, they have been less international, of course not as good but that’s okay as long as they are competing a little bit. But right now, it’s rock bottom, not fun to watch and when you are not from San Antonio, there is not much left, they don’t do much to make themselves likeable. It’s not like I’m going to go root for another team, I’m not the jump wagon type. But at least they have Wemby and I’m hopeful that they’ll get better.
    there not going to get better bro this year...There is no talent on this team other then wemby....We gonna have
    to gut this team....Half these dudes wont probably be on this team next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having Wemby gives them a chance to improve quickly, but the work has to be done by the franchise. I'm a San Antonio native originally, so I've had no other team to root for once I understood the NBA a little bit. The Spurs had maybe 3-4 crummy seasons in a 45 Year period. The last five years have been dreadful overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This term is so ridiculous. Puro? Puro what? Just like Por Vida, it makes no sense really.
    They're literally just Spanish words, companero, and they are pretty self explanatory in context.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree....lol how did this team win 22 games last season (without Victor)?
    We had an actual starting PG

Thread Information