Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just that listening to Joe Rogan doesn’t cons ute doing your own research
    No one asserted that listening to Joe Rogan wholly cons uted personal research. You're making what is known as a strawman argument. Because you were unable to refute the original points, you had to create imaginary ones.

It is amusing though, that the sort of person who would assert that listening to Rogan imparts no information, also blindly accepts programming from Comedy Central, NPR, or the New York Times for their worldview.

How do you figure that when a public figure speaks through a Joe Rogan interview that information is lost? What is different about a Rogan interview than an interview done by Jake Tapper, Rachel Maddow, Becky Quick, or Tonya Mosley? They ask questions, the interviewee answers. From what I can tell, information is imparted in all cases. It's up to the listener to decide what parts of a given interview matter for their research.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not. OP made it up
    It's at the 1:50 mark, though the setup for what Aldridge says is nice to have.

It is what it is man. I ain't gonna speak for nobody but bro, I think he didn't want to like do all like the other that Pop did too. Like the learning . You know, he just want to hoop. Everybody don't want to learn about what's in Africa, or learn the maps. Which I ain't saying is right or wrong, he just didn't want to do that.
    So here we have Pop with a losing team, more focused on teaching successful black millionaires about Africa and engendering victimhood in them than doing his job.

Pop is bringing ESG and DEI to the Spurs and the players are clearly post-political (MAGA) and it frustrates Pop and Democrats who wants the black populace locked into a state of permanent racial trauma--even when the cir stances of their life are in polar opposition to all that. This is why you see ridiculous political attacks against highly respected black conservatives like Clarence Thomas and Thomas Sowell. Pop works to create a workplace environment hostile to conservatism and the players know it.

The only person holding back blacks on the Spurs is Pop & the Democrats, because they need to create racial trauma where none in exists, in order for the Democratic Party to survive.

Their party vanishes when the racial strawman is acknowledged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one asserted that listening to Joe Rogan wholly cons uted personal research. You're making what is known as a strawman argument. Because you were unable to refute the original points, you had to create imaginary ones.

It is amusing though, that the sort of person who would assert that listening to Rogan imparts no information, also blindly accepts programming from Comedy Central, NPR, or the New York Times for their worldview.

How do you figure that when a public figure speaks through a Joe Rogan interview that information is lost? What is different about a Rogan interview than an interview done by Jake Tapper, Rachel Maddow, Becky Quick, or Tonya Mosley? They ask questions, the interviewee answers. From what I can tell, information is imparted in all cases. It's up to the listener to decide what parts of a given interview matter for their research.
    it was hyperbolic, not a strawman

nobody said people shouldnt do their own research. the issue is most people dont know how to really "do research" or know to find a published paper/study and instead constantly resort to media heads like rogan, maddow, etc. i didnt say one is better than the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be cool if the site owners maid a subforum for threads like this one

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scamdemic? So all the deaths and the hospitals being overcrowded with the dying, that was all a setup? Why would your Trump do that?
    Scam as in the event was entirely used to ins ute authority measures that we'd never accept if we weren't in a state of fear. Vaccine mandates, mask mandates, closing of churches and schools, closing of businesses, travel restrictions, shutdown of all non-BLM protests, etc.

And yes, a solid chunk of the footage utilized to scare the public we see now was fake or mischaracterized.

Trump gave people capable of processing higher-order (inferred) information enough info to work through it, which kept the country functioning. Conservative regions ignored COVID entirely and prosp were able to live normally and liberal cities had to suffer under their NPR-induced, collective derangement.

To this day, many Democrats remain fully masked and five-fold boosted in their homes, praying at the alter of COVID and sicker than ever.

If you're having trouble processing that it was a scam, consider asking why, with COVID #'s just as high now as they were during the thick of it, are the same policies not being ins uted?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was hyperbolic, not a strawman

nobody said people shouldnt do their own research. the issue is most people dont know how to really "do research" or know to find a published paper/study and instead constantly resort to media heads like rogan, maddow, etc. i didnt say one is better than the other.
    Maybe you are projecting something there fren?

Does the fact that you rely on authorities to do research on your behalf mean that people who happen to listen to Rogan are relying on him as a subject matter authority?

Isn't it possible for a person to listen to something and not wholly trust it? Or to listen to it in addition to consulting published papers and other sources?

Most importantly: is it possible that your insinuation that people who listen to Rogan aren't capable of research a narrative that has been programmed into you by the media you consume?

Are you acting with agency or are you carrying out a programmed response? Self awareness here is critical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has every right to his political beliefs and to spew them out loud, just as the players do. I am not a fan of his political beliefs and opinions. It annoys me that he spews his political issues during basketball events. I would rather he focus on the basketball stuff before, during, and after games. Of course, the media takes some of the blame as they ask the questions.

Not just Pop, but a lot of the sports personalities have caused a lot of fans to grow tired of the political banter and simply stop watching altogether. The same can be said for various boycotts of actors and musicians. Fans want to escape the daily nonsense when they watch sports, movies, TV, and listen to music. They paid to be entertained, not to be lectured to about liberal or conservative drivel.

I am not sure if Pop's behavior drove away Kawhi and other players, but it sounds as though LMA was definitely not a fan.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how Republicans are a dish but can't take bunch.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Scam as in the event was entirely used to ins ute authority measures that we'd never accept if we weren't in a state of fear. Vaccine mandates, mask mandates, closing of churches and schools, closing of businesses, travel restrictions, shutdown of all non-BLM protests, etc.

And yes, a solid chunk of the footage utilized to scare the public we see now was fake or mischaracterized.

Trump gave people capable of processing higher-order (inferred) information enough info to work through it, which kept the country functioning. Conservative regions ignored COVID entirely and prosp were able to live normally and liberal cities had to suffer under their NPR-induced, collective derangement.

To this day, many Democrats remain fully masked and five-fold boosted in their homes, praying at the alter of COVID and sicker than ever.

If you're having trouble processing that it was a scam, consider asking why, with COVID #'s just as high now as they were during the thick of it, are the same policies not being ins uted?
    All that happened under your orange president and deity. Trump said bleach in the veins would be good. He was talking over the experts and made a bad situation much worse by sewing mistrust in the same authorities that are there to protect us.

As far as saying the numbers are "just as high", you don't know how a pandemic works if you think a flat line is bad.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Pop has every right to his political beliefs and to spew them out loud, just as the players do. I am not a fan of his political beliefs and opinions. It annoys me that he spews his political issues during basketball events. I would rather he focus on the basketball stuff before, during, and after games. Of course, the media takes some of the blame as they ask the questions.

Not just Pop, but a lot of the sports personalities have caused a lot of fans to grow tired of the political banter and simply stop watching altogether. The same can be said for various boycotts of actors and musicians. Fans want to escape the daily nonsense when they watch sports, movies, TV, and listen to music. They paid to be entertained, not to be lectured to about liberal or conservative drivel.

I am not sure if Pop's behavior drove away Kawhi and other players, but it sounds as though LMA was definitely not a fan.
    I've yet to see any coach or actor speak out on politics during the event you're there to see, like a movie or a sporting event. If you follow them after or before, sure. If someone approaches you before or after work and asks you about politics, would you have an opinion or would you defer to your role at work as not being political so you cannot comment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do you think about the white liberal racist that thinks all minorities need them to think for them and pity them through handouts rather than hand-ups?
    Republicans want to think for everyone on an EXTREME level. I don't know how you can even compare the two. The left fires people because they called someone a got. The right wants to control almost everything about everyone. I don't know how you can't see this.
    Last edited by Barfunk; 12-30-2023 at 09:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo. After the past 8 years or so, I am so ing done with politics.

I'll be a good citizen, I'll pay my taxes, and I accept the fact that my vote is essentially useless and whatever is going to happen is going to happen regardless.

And for the people who want to be like "well you're part of the problem", they can go ahead and right off.
    A point here. There's really not much we can do about the people who hold all the power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats are just too weak/shy when they are in power but it is pretty clear that they have a better will to help the people than the republicans. Republicans would probably remove social security, medicare/medicaid, minimum wage, extend the number of hours per week to 60...if they could, all in the name of the economy aka helping the rich.
    no they dont dude. They SAY that , but they pass the same legislation as republicans on anything that matters. The DNC is more responsible for halting progressive improvement than republicans in many ways. Should be obvious with the way Biden has handled the border and gaza and the railroad unions that he's just as much of a piece of as trump. pelosi, clintons, obamas... they're just faking that "weak" con so that the needle moves more towards fascism every year. Look back to how the dnc halted the rainbow coalition with jesse jackson.

It's like... you know people who have that yard sign that says "science is real, black lives matter, no human is illegal, etc" An obvious sign of a real cuck loser in america that loves to pat themselves on the back after watching bill maher and thinking dems are "shy" lmfao

more black people went homeless during obama's administration than anyone before him. clinton was the one to reinforce the police. but sure... tell yourself that your side is better than the other one. keep falling for the speeches and ignoring the legislation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be cool if the site owners maid a subforum for threads like this one
    dude shut the up, they should make a subforum for you to complain about the team this year. you fill every thread with the same whining all day, every day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

True that. I've worked in 2 hospitals for the last 9 years also and ill tell you I haven't seen one patient sick and on ventilators from Covid like they let you believe. Lol at so many people believing the narrative hospitals are overcrowded because of covid. At my hospitals, when they cancelled voluntary non emergency surgeries to make room for covid patients, we actually had entire floors of the hospitals empty, so many empty beds. No patients, just ing empty floors and rooms waiting for ill covid patients that never came, nurses doing absolutely nothing. Surgeons who bring in the money for the hospital eventually got the better of our GM and CEO etc and starting doing surgeries again. The surgeons would list everything as serious and life threatening with surgery needed asap just so they could operate on patients again when there was no emergency at all, lol at the sudden influx of 'emergency' surgeries we were suddenly doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no they dont dude. They SAY that , but they pass the same legislation as republicans on anything that matters. The DNC is more responsible for halting progressive improvement than republicans in many ways. Should be obvious with the way Biden has handled the border and gaza and the railroad unions that he's just as much of a piece of as trump. pelosi, clintons, obamas... they're just faking that "weak" con so that the needle moves more towards fascism every year. Look back to how the dnc halted the rainbow coalition with jesse jackson.

It's like... you know people who have that yard sign that says "science is real, black lives matter, no human is illegal, etc" An obvious sign of a real cuck loser in america that loves to pat themselves on the back after watching bill maher and thinking dems are "shy" lmfao

more black people went homeless during obama's administration than anyone before him. clinton was the one to reinforce the police. but sure... tell yourself that your side is better than the other one. keep falling for the speeches and ignoring the legislation
    The GOP are slaves and servants to the oligarch class. You won’t see the Dems pass multi-trillion tax cuts for the wealthy to add to the deficit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've yet to see any coach or actor speak out on politics during the event you're there to see, like a movie or a sporting event. If you follow them after or before, sure. If someone approaches you before or after work and asks you about politics, would you have an opinion or would you defer to your role at work as not being political so you cannot comment?
    like I said, it is a lot of the mediots fault. They bait the interviewee by asking the questions and hoping to get quality news worthy responses. Pop, who is usually gruff with the media and says very little, somehow turns into this open flower of verbiage when it comes to political discourse.

of course, a lot of them will comment. though, many shouldn't actually do so, as their comments can be held against them in the court of public opinion and really harm their careers, due to the rampant epidemic known as cancel culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True that. I've worked in 2 hospitals for the last 9 years also and ill tell you I haven't seen one patient sick and on ventilators from Covid like they let you believe. Lol at so many people believing the narrative hospitals are overcrowded because of covid. At my hospitals, when they cancelled voluntary non emergency surgeries to make room for covid patients, we actually had entire floors of the hospitals empty, so many empty beds. No patients, just ing empty floors and rooms waiting for ill covid patients that never came, nurses doing absolutely nothing. Surgeons who bring in the money for the hospital eventually got the better of our GM and CEO etc and starting doing surgeries again. The surgeons would list everything as serious and life threatening with surgery needed asap just so they could operate on patients again when there was no emergency at all, lol at the sudden influx of 'emergency' surgeries we were suddenly doing
    What part of the world was this if I may ask?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for the entire scamdemic we were being told we shouldn't do our own research and the new claim is that we're too lazy to do our own research?

Very amusing, but a challenging bit of cognitive dissonance for you to process.

No one ever mentioned any issues with Pop giving his opinions on his personal time. Your statement is what is known as a strawman argument. You had no grounds to argue the original point so you created an imaginary one.

The problem w/Pop is he treats the workplace as his personal proselytization space, and that doesn't sit well with compe ive players who come to work.

He's in a very well paid, taxpayer-subsidized job and is using it to further his political agenda.
    I was saying lazy to be polite, I personally think that the vast majority of maga are just plain stupid. I had enough discussions/interviews to see how uneducated they are, I have no problem with regular republicans.

So you never talk politics at your job or other issues in the world?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was saying lazy to be polite, I personally think that the vast majority of maga are just plain stupid. I had enough discussions/interviews to see how uneducated they are, I have no problem with regular republicans.

So you never talk politics at your job or other issues in the world?
    No offense, but anyone that picks Trump or Biden could easily fall into your "just plain stupid" analysis. Neither of these two guys should be on the ballot next year, but the odds are both will be. That's where we are in America.

In context, years ago, Trump as president would be like saying that Elon Musk will be president one day (ignoring citizenship requirements) and Joe Biden was a laughing stock of a candidate when he ran IN HIS PRIME over the last 20+ years. The fact that these two are on the ballot tells intelligent people to run from politics because you are going to be forced to vote for hot mess candidate one or hot mess candidate two. I believe that anyone of average intelligence or better would not pick sides in this election because no matter which side the person takes, they are making a poor choice.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    No offense, but anyone that picks Trump or Biden could easily fall into your "just plain stupid" analysis. Neither of these two guys should be on the ballot next year, but the odds are both will be. That's where we are in America.

In context, years ago, Trump as president would be like saying that Elon Musk will be president one day (ignoring citizenship requirements) and Joe Biden was a laughing stock of a candidate when he ran IN HIS PRIME over the last 20+ years. The fact that these two are on the ballot tells intelligent people to run from politics because you are going to be forced to vote for hot mess candidate one or hot mess candidate two. I believe that anyone of average intelligence or better would not pick sides in this election because no matter which side the person takes, they are making a poor choice.
    You only get 2 choices. If you didn't vote for Biden you basically voted for Trump. Else you abstain and you remove your voice from the chorus. The song will still be sung. If you voted for Trump we already know you're either not intelligent (the best option) or you're intelligent but just an incredibly greedy bigoted asshole (worst option).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayup. I knew that's why Kawhi left at the time. Aldridge speaking truth.

Pop is like most lefties, they can't shut their mouths...and then get upset when people don't wanna hear them. It's the Hollywood syndrome. In Texas, it's called the Dixie Chicks Effect.

Pop is creating a barrier between the Spurs and Spurs fans. Totally unnecessary...but, like most lefties, can't help himself. Unfortunately, the NBA is full of Pop's these days. Shame.
    You really knew or just had a feeling? That's a terrible indictment on Greg if true. Grooming his players to his ideology and treating them like children who need to be educated is whack. All that stuff should have been optional. Who the does he think he is? Talk about needing to get over oneself. Asshole.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    pretty sure Kawhi left because he wanted to live in LA and didn't agree with how the Spurs kept releasing him to play even though he was still in pain. Pop's "me Gandalf, you Frodo" act might have been part of it, but I recall the basic issue was how he was being medically managed, which is why he went to a specialist in NY vs his own team's docs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJaxx is trolling whenever they have an ex-Spur. And LaMarsha is trying to be cool suc bing to peer pressure.

Kawhi left because he always wanted to go home to LA. His camp made the medical issue his ticket way out. He could’ve easily stayed with TOR and a legit contender every year. It’s not about winning for that . He’s a soft who can’t play through pain, like Kobe, Isiah limping in the finals, MJ with the flu, etc. Kawhi could play more games if he cared about winning. No respect for that ungrateful . But in retrospect, Spurs dodged a bullet. Kawhi would’ve the Spurs in limbo had he stayed. The issue for me is he could’ve been grateful and worked with the Spurs and could’ve gotten us a better haul to rebuild on, but instead dissed Spurs medical staff and good name.

SJaxx never forgiven Pop for making him bow to Ginobili. He’s a selfish who was not a team first. Not everybody would do it, but TP, Manu deferred to Kawhi when Pop saw Kawhi needed the push to shine. HOFers who saw it was time to step back. Who was SJaxx??

LaMarsha is a soft . He couldn’t make with the Trailblazers, so he decided to ride the coattail of the Big 3 and a budding Kawhi. But when Kawhi went down, he couldn’t carry the Spurs and wanted way out. Pop just jokingly said he would’ve driven him to the airport if he could get a fair trade off him. But the truth is LaMarsha doesn’t have the dog in him to carry the team beyond 1st round. He’s soft and it showed suc bing to peer pressure in that podcast.

Thread Information