SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way he be selected as reserve by coaches/media. So if let's say he get in as starter due to popularity, would he be freeze out by other all stars players?

Even MJ got freeze out by Zeke in his rookie year as an all star. Also, Lebron was not selected as all star during his rookie year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i strongly doubt that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way he be selected as reserve by coaches/media. So if let's say he get in as starter due to popularity, would he be freeze out by other all stars players?

Even MJ got freeze out by Zeke in his rookie year as an all star. Also, Lebron was not selected as all star during his rookie year.
    He can't just get voted in by fans. The NBA changed it's criteria several years ago to be a starter. Here is the criteria:

NBA players and media will continue to join fans in selecting the NBA All-Star Game starters. Fans will account for 50 percent of the vote, while all current players and a media panel will account for 25 percent each. Players and media will be able to complete one ballot.

https://www.nba.com/news/2024-all-st...ficial-release

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ones freezing anyone out. The NBA is soft as . Studio gangsters who wear skirts and tights to work.

If the league had any toughness someone would have laid out Dumbrod Green a long time ago. If this were the 80's or 90's Green would have been beaten to near death already. Wemby will get his feet rubbed by Tatum in the locker room.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't just get voted in by fans. The NBA changed it's criteria several years ago to be a starter. Here is the criteria:

NBA players and media will continue to join fans in selecting the NBA All-Star Game starters. Fans will account for 50 percent of the vote, while all current players and a media panel will account for 25 percent each. Players and media will be able to complete one ballot.

https://www.nba.com/news/2024-all-st...ficial-release
    Oh I didn't know that. I thought it was still 100% fans voting for starters.

Okay then Wemby has no chance to be a starter as players and media will vote for others

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ones freezing anyone out. The NBA is soft as . Studio gangsters who wear skirts and tights to work.

If the league had any toughness someone would have laid out Dumbrod Green a long time ago. If this were the 80's or 90's Green would have been beaten to near death already. Wemby will get his feet rubbed by Tatum in the locker room.
    To the contrary, i think Vassell is adding to his skirt collection.

Wemby wide open lob snub going viral - Page 2 (spurstalk.com)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, one, the league wants this guy there during all-star weekend because he has the buzz. So he absolutely will be on the team if Silver has to rig the voting, he will. Second, Wemby appears to be a likeable guy and the superstars that are asked questions about him seem to be positive. What I think the all-star game will expose is just how easily he can score when he plays with all-star talent. I think there is a decent chance Chet makes it too, but Wemby just has more star power.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good players all like him and want to play with him. It's only the Spurs players who think they are veterans that don't want to pass to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is already frozen out by his own team mates

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby isn't even being frozen out now.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I thought about this, OP. I was going to say something along those lines but thought better. I don't know enough about the character of the young stars to judge. My heart says they would not freeze him out, because he's an all star and 1st overall pick and possibly a generational talent. That video would haunt you forever if you froze that guy out.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Dude is already frozen out by his own team mates
    Wemby isn't even being frozen out now.
    Two opposing opinions. I agree with Seventyniner mostly. The team he's with lacks the talent to include him. All stars would have to intentionally freeze him out. I imagine if Manu was at the point with Victor in the game, that would be the best entertainment on TV. So all the Spurs need is a plan to win and a team around this guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wemby will be an all star. He is leading the league in blocks and by then will likely be leading in rebounds especially with all the bricks the Spurs throw up. The league wants him to succeed. If nothing else he will be an injury replacement.

Thread Information