Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol we not going from getting number 1 pick last year to playing Championship basketball in two years. People need to understand we need to huge influx of talent which is going to take a few years as we not a free agency destination. So everyone needs to hope and pray we luck out and get the right picks and players this upcoming draft and also for 2025 draft.
    nobody is saying we need to reach championship level. the frustration is that the team is playing worse than last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is saying we need to reach championship level. the frustration is that the team is playing worse than last year.
    That's part of the plan. We want losses. Period.

The proof in the pudding is next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

players improve over time. we should have seen a year's worth of development from vassell, branham, etc. instead, stagnant.

they're not going to magically show 2 years worth of improvement next year

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't want losses. There is nothing in this draft worth losing 65-70 games for.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want losses. There is nothing in this draft worth losing 65-70 games for.
    It's still better at the top of a weak draft than in the middle of a weak draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team is going to instantly go from picking top 3 every year to being a contender overnight. Improvement will have increments. You might have a play in game. You might be a low seed and get crushed by a real contender. But those are valuable experiences in and of themselves.

was okc a failure last season because they missed the playoffs but also weren’t picking top 3 overall?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    players improve over time. we should have seen a year's worth of development from vassell, branham, etc. instead, stagnant.

they're not going to magically show 2 years worth of improvement next year
    You can improve players and still lose. Sochan playing PG improves him while he's not playing his natural position.

It's the Mr Miyagi "wash on - wipe off" effect. Pop is up here playing chess while you out here playing checkers.

We'll have a solid team that'll be good for the next 8 yrs. But it may take this season and maybe next season to assemble.

Patience is required. We building something up in here.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta is sliding bad. They can help with The Toronto pick convey.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    atlanta gotta make a move to try to improve imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    atlanta gotta make a move to try to improve imo
    How? They can’t even trade a swap until 2028, or a FRP until 2029. Most teams want picks and swaps. Their best package is 2028,2030 unprotected swaps, and a 2029 unprotected FRP. That’s not a lot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically we need one of Hawks and Bulls to be worse than Toronto, or for Memphis to stay where they are. But I think Memphis will end up being better than all 3 of those teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team is going to instantly go from picking top 3 every year to being a contender overnight. Improvement will have increments. You might have a play in game. You might be a low seed and get crushed by a real contender. But those are valuable experiences in and of themselves.

was okc a failure last season because they missed the playoffs but also weren’t picking top 3 overall?
    chet redshirted last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chet redshirted last year.
    Yeah, they would have made the playoffs with him in the lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto will likely finish somewhere around 5 or 6 and the lottery will decide their fate.
    It seems likely that pick will convey eventually in the next 3 years.

Atlanta should tank now for a high pick so that they’re better next year when their picks start going to SA.
    They probably won’t do that because everyone in that building expected to win this year and probably hasn’t given up yet.
    The DJM trade rumors are about a plan to improve the team now, not a rebuild.
    If things implode and they’re willing to unload Trae, or he demands a trade, I’d be willing to give them back their picks plus Keldon or some similar package.
    Those ATL picks look y!

Chicago probably trades away LaVine but is that enough to tank next year?
    LaVine has missed most of this season so far and they’re sitting at 10.
    That FRP they owe us is protected top 10 next year and top 8 in ‘26 and ‘27.
    They would probably have to move more parts to truly tank and deny us the FRP they owe us.

The Charlotte pick will not convey.They suck and what’s one more bad year to them?
    They won’t even have to tank on purpose.
    Last edited by couchman; 12-28-2023 at 12:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto will likely finish somewhere around 5 or 6 and the lottery will decide their fate.

Atlanta should tank now for a high pick so that they’re better next year when their picks start going to SA.
    They probably won’t do that because everyone in that building expected to win this year and probably hasn’t given up yet.
    If things implode and they’re willing to unload Trae, or he demands a trade, I’d be willing to give them back their picks plus Keldon or some similar package.
    Those ATL picks look y!

That FRP they owe us is protected top 10 next year and top 8 in ‘25 and ‘26.
    They would probably have to move more parts to truly tank and deny us the FRP they owe us.

The Charlotte pick will not convey.They suck and what’s one more bad year to them?
    Agree on Toronto.

If the ATL picks look y, we should keep them, rather than spend them on a low efficiency heliocentric gunner.

Charlotte really needs to win sometime soon, or LaMelo will bolt. He’ll be unrestricted next time, and losing one more time isn’t worth keeping a pick in the 15-30 range away from us, as those are the only cir stances where we get it. I can see it maybe conveying next year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still better at the top of a weak draft than in the middle of a weak draft.
    They'd have to be a play-in team to draft in the middle. Don't need to be going on 18 game losing streaks to get a high draft pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd have to be a play-in team to draft in the middle. Don't need to be going on 18 game losing streaks to get a high draft pick.
    Rather have a top 3 pick than a lower lottery pick 10-15.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those ATL picks look y!

That FRP they owe us is protected top 10 next year and top 8 in ‘25 and ‘26.

Agreed overall

imo those hawks picks will be really interesting, bulls could be also

about the raptors imo the worst they could be is 6, i don't see charlotte or portland finishing ahead of them. Actually they are closer to the pick 12-13 than the 5th. They just changed their lineup and they will fight with atlanta and chicago for the play in. That's the way i see it.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on Toronto.

If the ATL picks look y, we should keep them, rather than spend them on a low efficiency heliocentric gunner.

Charlotte really needs to win sometime soon, or LaMelo will bolt. He’ll be unrestricted next time, and losing one more time isn’t worth keeping a pick in the 15-30 range away from us, as those are the only cir stances where we get it. I can see it maybe conveying next year.
    Trae Young is a superstar level player. If all it takes is their own picks back and a low level player on our squad, you do it.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young is a superstar level player. If all it takes is their own picks back and a low level player on our squad, you do it.
    They mostly draft well other than picking Trae. Their coach is good. I don't or maybe even want to know all the nuances of the Atlanta Hawks, but sure feels like Young is the center of all their problems. Now Trae with Wemby is different. But I wouldn't prioritize him unless he came at a discount. Just my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why has Atlanta, with a one year exception, been a first round out? Why are they currently 12-18 with no notable injuries? Superstars do better than that. He’s a skinny James Harden who won’t win anything, either, and before you come at me with Wemby, note that he took John Collins, a legit 20/10 guy, and slowly destroyed his game by denying him the ball. A heliocentric guard would be about the worst archetype player to acquire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae may or may not be a championship player, but the guy can throw a lob pass
    Wemby would FEAST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae may or may not be a championship player, but the guy can throw a lob pass
    Wemby would FEAST
    If that’s you want from Wemby, then Trae’s your guy. He won’t develop beyond a lob threat with the ball in Trae’s hands, though. The archetype heliocentric is a polite way of saying selfish ball hog.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be fun to watch for a while but then frustrating when you realize they’ll never win anything and turn the ball over 8 times every game. I wonder what championship duo has the most turnovers per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why has Atlanta, with a one year exception, been a first round out? Why are they currently 12-18 with no notable injuries? Superstars do better than that. He’s a skinny James Harden who won’t win anything, either, and before you come at me with Wemby, note that he took John Collins, a legit 20/10 guy, and slowly destroyed his game by denying him the ball. A heliocentric guard would be about the worst archetype player to acquire.
    You're a big fan of Luka, and the Spurs potentially trying to land him down the road... but his teams have also, with a one year exception, been a first round out. Superstars do better than that?

Thread Information