Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOW TO TANK PhD LEVEL!!!111

You're a ing idiot
    Kobe killed himself and everyone on that helicopter by insisting that they fly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Toronto necessarily wanted to tank this year, but they lost their two most important players in Barnes and Poeltl and had no choice. They just suck.
    shut up dude....Just admit u got proved wrong moron...You said they wouldint tank and they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe killed himself and everyone on that helicopter by insisting that they fly.
    Nobody kills themselves on a helicopter by insisting it flies.

They murder/suicide their daughter and 7 others by insisting in flies in weather that grounded the entire LAPD fleet.

nice try though, I'll give you that. you remembered a portion of a fact.

LAPD grounded their helicopters. Why was Kobe Bryant's chopper allowed to fly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, I’ll take my medicine, with one caveat: Portland just got out tanked by a worse team. I mean, when two tanking teams collide, obviously one of them has to win. It isn’t hockey where you can have a tie. I have no explanation for Orlando tripping on their s, but it’s good for the Spurs, since it breaks the 3/4 tie that had existed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see anyone winning games until they are locked out of the position above them. For example, Toronto will keep losing until they are locked out of position #5. Then they may or may not win a game or two.
    Yes, which is why the Spurs won 3 straight and were in position to win the following 2. And why CHA and POR had double-digit leads in the 1st quarter tonight.

Idiots like you think "teams" tank as some kind of collective position on a game-by-game basis. Unless players are being held out, for games or in crunch time, no set of 5 guys on the floor is tanking or missing shots or letting opposing players free layups. They just really suck.

BTW you suck
    I don’t think this will age well, but I’ll come back and take my medicine if either Charlotte or Portland wins. If I son you, though, you’re going to hear about that, too.

You should probably switch to decaf.
    What was that you were saying?

Seems like someone was horribly wrong tonight and should re-adjust their thinking about "tanking".

Seems like someone was horribly right tonight.

That’s ONE way of tanking a game. You can also skew your rotations, and fail to hold players accountable for mistakes, leading to more mistakes and lapses, since there are no consequences game after game.

The players don’t have to be in on it at all if the basic team is bad or flawed enough. Doesn’t take much to tip the scales from a win to a loss. 5 minutes of a terrible mismatched group of 5 players can do the trick.

You’re insufferably naive if you think this doesn’t happen multiple times per day in the NBA. As for our recent three game heater, you’ll notice that IMMEDIATELY on its heels, our best offensive wing and best defensive wing were both shut down for the last 8 games. I’ll go out on a very thick and substantial limb and say Keldon isn’t too far behind. He’ll be next.
    someone is so exstatically and fantastically WRONG all the time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was that you were saying?

Seems like someone was horribly wrong tonight and should re-adjust their thinking about "tanking".

Seems like someone was horribly right tonight.

someone is so exstatically and fantastically WRONG all the time
    Did you even look up one post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you even look up one post?
    Oh yes, I should have anticipated your pissy response 1 minute before I produced my dominant response with uploaded screenshots.

BTW:

I don’t think this will age well, but I’ll come back and take my medicine if either Charlotte or Portland wins. If I son you, though, you’re going to hear about that, too.

You should probably switch to decaf.
    Since it wasn't EITHER but BOTH, perhaps you should re-think your bound "philosophy" on tanking?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes, I should have anticipated your pissy response 1 minute before I produced my dominant response with uploaded screenshots.

BTW:

Since it wasn't EITHER but BOTH, perhaps you should re-think your bound "philosophy" on tanking?
    For being so loud in here exstatic is wrong most of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For being so loud in here exstatic is wrong most of the time.
    It could get worse in the next 1/2 hour...

I don’t see anyone winning games until they are locked out of the position above them. For example, Toronto will keep losing until they are locked out of position #5. Then they may or may not win a game or two.

the fact their up double-digits in the 2nd half is hilarious when put side-by-side to ex stick's "all low teams tank" mantra. although TOR has been historically bad the past 2 months since all the injuries I don't see how they hold on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you ever be more wrong?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    raptors can play it off now and win a game here and there,Since they memphis has a 3 game lead over them and keeps winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks

I'd laugh harder but there's like a 15% chance the dumbass FO will end up hiring Doc after the old man finally calls it quits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Toronto win the win at Milwaukee, that's what i talked about yesterday, they know they will not catch portland ( hard schedule remaining) and same with memphis so they're comfortable with winning some games to end the season.

Other than that i don't understand why people think the raps will tank next year, they just played a bunch of games without four of their starters with barnes, poetl, quickley and barret. And i don't see them being worse next year, they will stay a play in team in the east imo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Toronto win the win at Milwaukee, that's what i talked about yesterday, they know they will not catch portland ( hard schedule remaining) and same with memphis so they're comfortable with winning some games to end the season.

Other than that i don't understand why people think the raps will tank next year, they just played a bunch of games without four of their starters with barnes, poetl, quickley and barret. And i don't see them being worse next year, they will stay a play in team in the east imo.
    how can you not understand.They will struggle to make the playoffs next year.Then at the trade deadline,They will trade poeltl
    and brown and other good role players to help tank.Their are mutiple young stars in next years draft.They will be one of the teams
    to want to get on them as well as us.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They can easily tank next year too. One or two injuries like this year and its the same thing all over.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall, I think that means we're better it not conveying this year, but you only want so much risk when you've got they guy already and you're adding depth.
    I'd rather #7 this year than #12 next year just because the Spurs will be looking at having three firsts in 25 if the Toronto pick doesn't convey this year, as the Chicago pick is only top 10 protected. Developing three rookies in one year is going to be a real bas . But also because Toronto could tank again. Next year's draft might be worth Toronto throwing their season from the beginning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how can you not understand.They will struggle to make the playoffs next year.Then at the trade deadline,They will trade poeltl
    and brown and other good role players to help tank.Their are mutiple young stars in next years draft.They will be one of the teams
    to want to get on them as well as us.
    Yes being a play in is that you struggle to make the playoffs… maybe you don’t read it correctly

we’ll see , if they don’t blow it up they will be somewhere between 8 and 10 in the east IMO…
    Last edited by duncan2150; 04-05-2024 at 11:51 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes being a play in is that you struggle to make the playoffs… maybe you don’t read correctly

we’ll see , if they don’t blow it up they will be somewhere between 8 and 10 in the east IMO…
    Before the the season started everyone thought they would make the playoffs for sure.They had anuoby and siakam
    and still sucked.They downgraded and you expect them to be better next year huh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main issue of the 2024 draft is that its top 5 is really bad. There isn't a single player who has looked like worthy of being picked there. It is quite like the 2013 Draft where Anthony Bennett went first. However, outside of that top 5, the 2024 draft looks fine.

If Spurs get Raptors pick (54% odd) it will be between #7 and #9. Last year, Bilal Coulibaly, Jarace Walker and Taylor Hendricks were drafted with these picks. This year, players like Sheppard, Knecht, Cody Williams, Collier or Holland are projected around these spots. Are they really worst than last year players?

Aside of the main reason of not having too many picks next year, I'm really not sold the 2025 draft outside the top 6 will be better than this year. To me, the 2023 draft wasn't better in these ranges.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just checked and since 2000, the only two drafts not to have an all-star selected after 10th pick were 2007 and 2019.

This draft might not have guaranteed superstars, but there's enough interesting players in there if the front office is competent enough.
    That's what they're paid for. Anyone can pick Wemby. This is the draft where Wright and co need to justify their employment.
    Their record in years prior to Wemby doesn't give us much cause for optimism.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With players so young now, their development on the team is, what, 2/3 of their outcome? I think our development staff has had a talent drain over the years. That may be underappreciated in the context of having average draft picks now. Also, our chaotic losing culture now also doesn't necessarily help development. So Branham, for example, was still a good pick. Just not much progress yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drafts are where good GMs/scouting departments separate themselves tbh.

Gonna be interesting to see how BWrong does this summer tbh. Another Primo level whiff and that leash should be short AF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the 2013 draft shows that in a bad draft there can be a hard cliff, and once you go past it, there will be no more significant NBA players

So up into the first to get one of the few real nba players. Once Gobert was gone, it didn't even matter whether they took LJC or anyone else, that was it. Ferry was so hot for Giannis but wasn't bold enough to put in what it takes to get a trade done

2010 was another year with a cliff right before the Spurs with Avery Bradley and then nothing save headcases and scrubs

So I hope they're not lulled into complacency with the #33 and feel like hoping someone falls. They have a ton of seconds to throw in and other assets to get things done to get one of the real players that might be left outside the top 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking is not done on a game by game basis by players not trying to win. Tanking is top down. Intentionally building a roster with no chance of winning. Or late season shutting players down who maybe can play.

imo ex uses the tanking stuff as a coping mechanism when the spurs underachieve relative to his expectations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drafts are where good GMs/scouting departments separate themselves tbh.

Gonna be interesting to see how BWrong does this summer tbh. Another Primo level whiff and that leash should be short AF.

Drafting a player who they think would be top 10 next year wouldnt really be a bad idea… I’m looking at Bub Carrington. That was their logic with Primo tbh

Thread Information