Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we get 1 more shot at it next season and then it becomes 2 2nd rounders. Unlikely to convey so not much trade value.
    Might as well trade it or combine it with other picks, we have a ton of 2nd rounders from other trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well trade it or combine it with other picks, we have a ton of 2nd rounders from other trades.
    I was thinking you could slip it into a trade with maybe the Chicago pick, and the team could say they got two firsts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking you could slip it into a trade with maybe the Chicago pick, and the team could say they got two firsts.
    Now if only the spurs front office would think like that. Excellent idea for this off season. Memo to Brian Wright Re Trade Ideas

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming we are better next year, we are less likely to be as far beneath them in the standings, making it easier for them to get a better seeding. So yeah, this year is more realistic, arguably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland and Charlotte play tonight, and one of them has to win. Do they try to sneak their gleague teams on the floor?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming we are better next year, we are less likely to be as far beneath them in the standings, making it easier for them to get a better seeding. So yeah, this year is more realistic, arguably.
    Memphis also with a healthy Morant

Maybe if Atlanta blow it up by trading both Young and Murray and go full tank. Same with the Bulls moving on from DeRozan and losing Patrick Williams in free agency with more declines in Vucevic ....

But otherwise Toronto is looking good for bottom 6 record even without aggressive tanking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks just lost to the Grizzlies tonight after losing to the Wizards on Monday lol

Dc Rivers

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bucks are a joke

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto lost by 48

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto lost by 48
    expect this next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto tank makes Dallas Detroit and charlotte last year look mild

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    expect this next year
    Spurs better hope they get lucky and get that pick this year. They will pull the plug on the season earlier next year.

They are no where near a playoff team next year so they'll have reason again to tank next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year’s draft isn’t that great, but next year’s is tank worthy. How does Toronto not tank next year if they’ll do it this year?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The magic number for Portland losses to keep Toronto at the sixth worst record is four with six games left. Their remaining schedule is

at Washington
    at Boston
    New Orleans
    Golden State
    Houston
    at Sacramento

I could see Washington trying to win that game given they have a four game cushion on the Spurs and Hornets for staying in the bottom 3. Boston clinched the overall #1 seed so they might rest guys. New Orleans and Sacramento will be desperately trying to avoid the play-in and Golden State and Houston will be desperately trying to make the play-in. So odds are decent Portland can go 2-4 or worse and wrap up the fifth worst record.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-04-2024 at 01:38 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year’s draft isn’t that great, but next year’s is tank worthy. How does Toronto not tank next year if they’ll do it this year?
    The Raptors just have two of there starters out and I believe two other players just coming back from injury and are on restricted minutes. They actually made some decent trades and added some good players I just don’t know if that is the right coach for them.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we need to be careful of Portland not getting to 23 wins and tying Toronto that would be a disaster for the Spurs.

Portland could easily beat Wizards tomorrow to get to 21 wins, then they have 3 games which should all be L’s against the Celtics, Pelicans and Warriors, then they play the Rockets in the penultimate game who could easily be out of the play in contention and resting guys, then they have a Kings team in the last game and you never know the Kings could be locked into a spot by that time and they rest guys allowing Portland to win.

Unlikely but something to keep an eye on.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland knows what they're doing when it comes to tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The magic number for Portland losses to keep Toronto at the sixth worst record is four with six games left. Their remaining schedule is

at Washington
    at Boston
    New Orleans
    Golden State
    Houston
    at Sacramento

I could see Washington trying to win that game given they have a four game cushion on the Spurs and Hornets for staying in the bottom 3. Boston clinched the overall #1 seed so they might rest guys. New Orleans and Sacramento will be desperately trying to avoid the play-in and Golden State and Houston will be desperately trying to make the play-in. So odds are decent Portland can go 2-4 or worse and wrap up the fifth worst record.
    Even with their recent, weird 10 game winning streak, HOU is gonna miss the play in and POs after giving 3/130 to Van Fleet (2 seasons, 84M guaranteed) and 4/80 (fully guaranteed) to Dillon Brooks.

And I'm not sure they'll have more chances next year or maybe a little play in exit, Behind them, MEM should get Morant back, not sure about Utah's intentions, and spurs' ones ofc.

Really not sure adding a Brogdon type of guy + some other vet to that spurs team is gonna make them a PO team... And HOU has a better bunch of youngsters than the spurs.
    Last edited by JPB; 04-04-2024 at 08:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland knows what they're doing when it comes to tanking.
    Yeah, they’re not at ALL interested in winning. They will flat dump games to protect their spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with their recent, weird 10 game winning streak, HOU is gonna miss the play in and POs after giving 3/130 to Van Fleet (2 seasons, 84M guaranteed) and 4/80 (fully guaranteed) to Dillon Brooks.

And I'm not sure they'll have more chances next year or maybe a little play in exit, Behind them, MEM should get Morant back, not sure about Utah's intentions, and spurs' ones ofc.

Really not sure adding a Brogdon type of guy + some other vet to that spurs team is gonna make them a PO team... And HOU has a better bunch of youngsters than the spurs.
    I lik Sengün and Smith, but Green and Eason are ding dongs. At least they got rid of KPJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta pray that conveys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I lik Sengün and Smith, but Green and Eason are ding dongs. At least they got rid of KPJ.
    Just checked Amen's stats for fun. Shooting 14.3% on 3 for the season. Now I understand why they play him center He showed flashes tho.

Whitmore has had a pretty good rookie season (12.2 points in 18min, 36.5% on 3). Cam might end up as a steal. I take him over Malaki any day. So yeah, Sengun, Smith and Cam is something to build on for the Rockets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just checked Amen's stats for fun. Shooting 14.3% on 3 for the season. Now I understand why they play him center He showed flashes tho.

Whitmore has had a pretty good rookie season (12.2 points in 18min, 36.5% on 3). Cam might end up as a steal. I take him over Malaki any day. So yeah, Sengun, Smith and Cam is something to build on for the Rockets.
    I’m just happy we have Victor. Knowing the rockets would damn near trade us any combination of players & picks for VW makes me feel overjoyed ( Stevie Wonder )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is a guy who ignored questions, and even interviewers during the draft process. He’s just a bit too cool for school, and would probably pout over the attention that Wemby is getting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

at Washington
    at Boston
    New Orleans
    Golden State
    Houston
    at Sacramento

Thanks for this.

Thread Information