Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone could see this coming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if that will work out for them. Micic is not a dominant physical specimen, but he can play some ball. Might be that handing the team over to him leads to more wins, not less.
    Lost 3 (blowouts) in a row with Micic starting, who is their (unconscious) tank commander shooting 28% on 3 this season. He can pass but can't shoot, which is a problem in today's NBA for a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is driving the agenda, right now. They are pressuring Portland (but won’t get there at this point, so, why?) who is pressuring both us and Charlotte. I guess once it’s official, and they can’t move up, they’ll take their foot off the gas?

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m at peace with the Raps getting the 6th worst record and spurs having a 54% chance at the puck falling outside the top 6. That was inevitable a month ago when Barnes went down and the Raps decided to tank rather than get the main guys reps to close out the season, and the Grizzlies kept playing hard and trying to win.

With the Spurs own pick, hopefully they can stay in the 3rd spot. Hornets and Blazers play each other in two nights so that’s good that one has to take a W. Hopefully it’s the hornets to get them
    To 19 wins. The Blazers then play the Wiz so hopefully they can get that W and move to 20 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quickley and Barrett should be returning today, could help Toronto win some games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quickley and Barrett should be returning today, could help Toronto win some games.
    There’s really no reason for them to dump any more games. Memphis isn’t pressuring them in any real way, and they’re too far back to catch Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the Sniff Crew apparently

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on min restriction bro.And gary trent is out for rest lol
    Last edited by onechance87; 04-02-2024 at 10:28 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, it's hillarious how people see this draft as the worst ever in draft topic and then complain we won't get another pick in this topic.

If the draft is as weak as it looks, we're better off not getting another pick this year.
    Especially since having an extra rookie would decrease the chances of getting another actual NBA player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, it's hillarious how people see this draft as the worst ever in draft topic and then complain we won't get another pick in this topic.

If the draft is as weak as it looks, we're better off not getting another pick this year.
    Especially since having an extra rookie would decrease the chances of getting another actual NBA player.
    This draft is ...But the projeceted top 15 players in this draft would still be upgrades over guys like branham,tre and champ
    and others in our roster.Thats how bad our team is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, except last time they were in the Lottery, they followed it with being the 6 seed in the east the next year, and their pick, which conveyed to us as #20 via the Thad Young trade, was used to pick Malaki Branham. Give me a high pick in a supposedly bad draft over a 20s pick in a supposed good draft, any day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'd still rather go ahead and get TOR to convey now and get it over with knowing we got max value.

And I'd still prefer #7 in a weak draft over potentially #15 or so in a better one.

I don't know. Not against TOR not conveying. We still have 2 more tries and adding one rookie might be easier than 2. And 2025 draft def looks deeper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly ex

I guess I want TOR now at a top ten pick than risk another year where they may be better and the pick floats up to #15 or #20 like with Branham. Despite arguments being what they are about TOR maybe not being able to play better in the next few seasons than they did now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly ex

I guess I want TOR now at a top ten pick than risk another year where they may be better and the pick floats up to #15 or #20 like with Branham. Despite arguments being what they are about TOR maybe not being able to play better in the next few seasons than they did now.
    They were actually playing well with the new guys, right up until both Jak and Scotty went down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were actually playing well with the new guys, right up until both Jak and Scotty went down.
    And never know what they do in the offseason. Not saying they will add anyone and haven't looked at the salary table or anything but 2 more seasons is a long time and there's no guarantee someone won't come on, the group won't gel, or an existing player won't go next level. I'm not keen on betting against Scotty Barnes either.

Yeah rather just pull the asset now and be done with it. Spurs are still rebuilding and might be easier to incorporate raw young players now and roll him into the concept sooner rather than later when SA might be contending and the roster is more set in stone. Perhaps just getting a big blob of youth all on an approximately similar timeline and grow up with them altogether built in-house from the ground up.

Would you rather have a Castle or a Knecht at #7 or a Branham at #20? Stronger selection range in a weaker 24 draft talent is offset by potentially weaker selection range in a stronger draft of 25 or 26.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly every fan absolutely hates it when other teams tank, but then quietly justifies it for their own favorite... pretty funny to watch it happen every year across the league and internet.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back in this thread and see how many didn't see Toronto tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still thinking how we can trade the Charlotte pick that's owed to us. How much longer do we have for that ty pick ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still thinking how we can trade the Charlotte pick that's owed to us. How much longer do we have for that ty pick ?
    we get 1 more shot at it next season and then it becomes 2 2nd rounders. Unlikely to convey so not much trade value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What bobcat said.... there's not a lot of value there, but it's probably a little more than two individual 2nds for a couple reasons. 1) they should be good 2nd's because Charlotte sucks, and 2) the receiving FO can sell it as a 1st to casuals who don't pay attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A consequence of Spurs not getting the pick would be Spurs having an extra $6M in cap space this summer.

I rather have the pick this year but, if it don't convey, it won't be the end of the world.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft is ...But the projeceted top 15 players in this draft would still be upgrades over guys like branham,tre and champ
    and others in our roster.Thats how bad our team is.
    That, bird in the hand and the fact that the Craptors haven't tried to have it convey this year, when the next two drafts supposedly project as significantly stronger, should tell you all you need to know about their plans for the next two years.

Their "mid-build" should organically have them in a similar position next season, when they can get to a similar point, tank and keep it.

Nearly every fan absolutely hates it when other teams tank, but then quietly justifies it for their own favorite... pretty funny to watch it happen every year across the league and internet.
    I'm not against tanking in general, more so this specific form. The league needs to try to curtail it because it's turning certain trades into essentially bad faith agreements.

The fact that the Craptors can conceivably weasel their way from a mid lottery pick to two 2nds via shady behavior should not be okay.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not against tanking in general, more so this specific form. The league needs to try to curtail it because it's turning certain trades into essentially bad faith agreements.

The fact that the Craptors can conceivably weasel their way from a mid lottery pick to two 2nds via shady behavior should not be okay.
    Tanking to avoid sending a pick has been commonplace for so long that imo the bad faith argument doesn't hold up. A team who trades for a protected pick goes in knowing that it can be in the other team's best interest to tank in order for it not to convey.

If the league could ever somehow remove the incentive to tank from the draft order that might change. The wheel is an elegant solution to the tanking problem, but there is no fair way to get from here to there; some team would have to wait 30 years for their next chance to draft #1.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking to avoid sending a pick has been commonplace for so long that imo the bad faith argument doesn't hold up. A team who trades for a protected pick goes in knowing that it can be in the other team's best interest to tank in order for it not to convey.

If the league could ever somehow remove the incentive to tank from the draft order that might change. The wheel is an elegant solution to the tanking problem, but there is no fair way to get from here to there; some team would have to wait 30 years for their next chance to draft #1.
    It's one thing if it's a one off, but three years (which, as I alluded to, I believe they're about to pull) is ridiculous and the Spurs knowing the possibility beforehand doesn't make it any better.

Tanking is fine (how else are non glamor markets supposed to get a superstar or star?) as long as it doesn't become too extreme.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What bobcat said.... there's not a lot of value there, but it's probably a little more than two individual 2nds for a couple reasons. 1) they should be good 2nd's because Charlotte sucks, and 2) the receiving FO can sell it as a 1st to casuals who don't pay attention.
    Like WAS, we should also see how new management at CHA impacts their trajectory.

Thread Information