Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would a top 6 pick in this draft improve Toronto next year?

Spurs got Wemby, bottom 5 record
    Charlotte #2, bottom 5 record
    Portland #3, bottom 5 record
    Houston #4 + $60 million spending on veteran free agents, bottom 11 record
    Detroit #5, bottom 5 record
    Orlando #6 is better but Black is scoring 4 points & 1 assist in under 20 minutes a game, he's not a big difference maker

Also ask which teams in the current bottom 7 should be better, and which teams above Toronto should be worse?

Barring some tragedy, Spurs and Memphis should leapfrog Toronto next year with health and modest free agency / trade improvements

That would move Toronto to bottom 5

Who should be worse? Washington, Detroit, and Portland are reasonable to be worse. Charlotte if healthy competes for a play in I think.

Brooklyn has no incentive to tank though they are weak. Atlanta with Trae Young might as well be guaranteed a play in spot. Chicago if they keep DeRozan will continue to try for the play in.

Toronto could be just as bad next year but with the 4th or 5th best lotto odds as easily as they could be 10th and going for the play in
    Other than Orlando, Toronto is easily better than the other 5 teams on the list- including us. They have had a bunch of injuries the last few months and have traded away 2 of their best players. if they get a top six pick this year , it only helps them for the future. Remember other than Orlando, all the teams on the list have been tanking for a while now. They tanked because they needed an influx of talent, Toronto is tanking mainly because of injuries. I'm absolutely not a Toronto fan, but I do see them making the best out of a bad situation. If we don't get the pick this year, my guess is that we get their pick next year in the mid to late lottery.
    Last edited by jjspur; 03-20-2024 at 04:40 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than Orlando, Toronto is easily better than the other 5 teams on the list- including us. They have had a bunch of injuries the last few months and have traded away 2 of their best players. if they get a top six pick this year , it only helps them for the future. Remember other than Orlando, all the teams on the list have been tanking for a while now. They tanked because they needed an influx of talent, Toronto is tanking mainly because of injuries. I'm absolutely not a Toronto fan, but I do see them making the best out of a bad situation. My guess is that we get their pick next year in the late lottery.
    Could be, but the odds are better than even the pick conveys this year unless you think they're going to catch a tanking Blazers team with four more losses already.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again I'm posting current odds.

Pointless to debate about it, it's a coinflip with slightly different odds.

What does interest me are Toronto's future plans.
    They're a franchise that's extremely reluctant to tank, especially with Masai, but then again they're stuck.
    RJ and Barnes aren't getting you anywhere.

The only way we never get that pick is if Toronto keeps it this year and then decides to blow it up. Can't see that happening. They won't tank in both 2025 and 2026.
    But if they decide to, I can see them giving us the pick this year if they can't get the player they want in order to be able to tank in stronger drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If TOR wants to tank, then their FO completely mismanaged the OG and (to a lesser extent) Siakam trades.

If TOR wants to tank, the OG trade was SO bad, that someone should get fired. A tanking team should have done a deal that netted them draft capital, not Quickly and Barrett. It would have been like the Spurs trading DJM to ATL not for picks, but for De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally get that we don't want five 1st rounders in next years draft (although we could trade the not so valuable ones for players/ future picks), I also get posters want the maximum value pick but we don't control what Toronto does. If they decide to tank for the next few weeks, they will get their pick and we won't.. its that simple. It is sound logic - building for the future starting this season. They don't give a crap about us, they are watching out for their own team.
    I get that. Now, Memphis next few games.
    @GS
    @SA
    @DEN
    Lakers
    @ORL

They’re going to lose at least 3 of those games, Denver because they’re really good, and GS and LAL because they’re both trying desperately to not be #10, because 10 has never played in. Orlando is also currently battling with NYK for the 4/5 home court.

Toronto can lose all they want, but I’m pretty sure Memphis is going to, too, and the clock is running out on the season.

It’s really ing difficult to tank at the end of the year, post ASB, and have an impact on the top 5. If they finish 6th, they only have an 8.5% chance of staying there, with the two most likely spots by % as 7 and 8. If they finish 7th, they could jump into the top 4. We just don’t know anything until the lottery happens, and to make pronouncements like ‘they’re keeping their pick’ is foolishness.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If TOR wants to tank, then their FO completely mismanaged the OG and (to a lesser extent) Siakam trades.

If TOR wants to tank, the OG trade was SO bad, that someone should get fired. A tanking team should have done a deal that netted them draft capital, not Quickly and Barrett. It would have been like the Spurs trading DJM to ATL not for picks, but for De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.
    they were gonna lose them no matter what.Apparently threatening not to sign extensions with teams trying to trade for them.
    They got what they could get.No teams were gonna trade draft capital just to lose them a few months later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were gonna lose them no matter what.Apparently threatening not to sign extensions with teams trying to trade for them.
    They got what they could get.No teams were gonna trade draft capital just to lose them a few months later.
    Yeah,they were dumb to not trade them last summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors down 25 at half

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlikely, as this year could be its best position. They should be beating down Memphis both times, but recent [Spurs] wins have put their own position in jeopardy, with Charlotte only two games back, and freefalling.
    Exactly. People on ST getting bent out of shape over say a meaningless road L to the Kings when Spurs are after the ASB with like a dozen wins. Look at the standings, SA only has like a 3 game head room and must be selective with their own wins.

Sparing Ws so SA can go genuine at a team like MEM and hopefully win to smash the Grizz possibly under the Raps and get TOR to float up. Anything SA can do to help lock TOR into a more optimal conveyance environment should be a priority. Not useless reg season wins during a non-contending year.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors down 25 at half
    Sitting both Quickley and RJ Barret.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sitting both Quickley and RJ Barret.
    It’s too late. Memphis now sees them in their rear view mirror, and has been on their own losing streak.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s too late. Memphis now sees them in their rear view mirror, and has been on their own losing streak.
    The Grizz are down all of 1 point after the first quarter, 33-32 for GS...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    memphis aint want us to get that pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't agree more.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is out of the question. Toronto won't win more games than they will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that. Now, Memphis next few games.
    @GS
    @SA
    @DEN
    Lakers
    @ORL

They’re going to lose at least 3 of those games, Denver because they’re really good, and GS and LAL because they’re both trying desperately to not be #10, because 10 has never played in. Orlando is also currently battling with NYK for the 4/5 home court.

Toronto can lose all they want, but I’m pretty sure Memphis is going to, too, and the clock is running out on the season.

It’s really ing difficult to tank at the end of the year, post ASB, and have an impact on the top 5. If they finish 6th, they only have an 8.5% chance of staying there, with the two most likely spots by % as 7 and 8. If they finish 7th, they could jump into the top 4. We just don’t know anything until the lottery happens, and to make pronouncements like ‘they’re keeping their pick’ is foolishness.
    Very well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Grizz are down all of 1 point after the first quarter, 33-32 for GS...
    And now they’re down 20, barely into the 3rd Q. It’s bad enough that you people obsess over every TOR and MEM game, but to freak out DURING a game is just bizarre. The battle will be just for 6/7. Neither can climb any higher or drop any lower. Then, the lottery will take place, and determine if we get the pick or not. That’s more than 2 months away. Take a ing pill.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland has an outside chance of catching Toronto for 6, dropping Toronto to 5. Toronto may not win another game the rest of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring another lottery miracle we aint getting that pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you call a coin flip a miracle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you call a coin flip a miracle.
    It’s actually slightly better than a coin flip, and our best odds at pick #7, but let him wallow in his misery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been thinking about this a little more, and am even less concerned about the TOR pick than ever, because I am taking this perspective:

If when we traded Jak, I was given the choice between:

(1) three straight years of chances to get between the 7-10 pick, but the odds each year were: Y1 - 55%, Y2 - 45%, Y3 - 40%. If none of those hit, you get two SRPs.
    (2) the number 20 pick in Y1, guaranteed

I’m taking choice #1 every time.

So from that POV, the TOR pick is right on schedule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this website a magnet for the most miserable people on the planet? Or is just in Texas?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    ^ the irony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The utter inability to understand the nature of this place is mindblowing. But Mrs. Body is the forum's resident Karen, so there's that.

Thread Information