Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1730
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's Tuesday, it's Mrs. Body accusing someone of being racist
    every team goes thru it.We are doing it right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting note for the pick : Memphis next game is at San antonio and they will play the spurs another time before the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting note for the pick : Memphis next game is at San antonio and they will play the spurs another time before the end of the season.
    its been nice having "must win" games again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the Spurs don't want the Toronto pick this year and toss the games to Memphis.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wemby did get hurt at the ending of the game vs the mavs.Hopefully hes good to go
    Last edited by onechance87; 03-20-2024 at 10:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the Spurs don't want the Toronto pick this year and toss the games to Memphis.
    Unlikely, as this year could be its best position. They should be beating down Memphis both times, but recent wins have put their own position in jeopardy, with Charlotte only two games back, and freefalling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news: Memphis is playing GS who is jockeying for play in position to host the 9/10 game.

Bad news: Toronto is playing Sacto.

Probably another push, but that is a win in the clock running out on Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlikely, as this year could be its best position. They should be beating down Memphis both times, but recent wins have put their own position in jeopardy, with Charlotte only two games back, and freefalling.
    Most likely the team doesn't really care about positioning. This is the team that didn't work to avoid Memphis fifteen years ago. It's just what they do.

Not wanting the Toronto pick isn't a big deal. They can always move extra picks next year if needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference between the pick conveying if Toronto stays where it is or falls under Memphis is 13.9%. It's not really a huge deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, last year everybody was arguing about the spurs pick, We got real lucky and got Wemby. No such player this year or one that even comes close.

This year it's the Toronto pick. The Toronto pick is theirs until it isn't. We shouldn't cry about them tanking because we did it last year and quite obviously I might add. If we don't get it, we still have 2 more years to acquire the pick. With the overfall talent on that team plus a top 6 pick (if they get it) from this year's draft, they should be better than the 6th worst record next year.

We'll have at least a top 7 pick this year plus two 2nd round picks and a decent amount of money to spend on some free agents. After the season ends the ball is in the front offices court, and they have the resources to do a decent job of improving the team this year. Do that plus an extra pick next year and things will really be moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, last year everybody was arguing about the spurs pick, We got real lucky and got Wemby. No such player this year or one that even comes close.

This year it's the Toronto pick. The Toronto pick is theirs until it isn't. We shouldn't cry about them tanking because we did it last year and quite obviously I might add. If we don't get it, we still have 2 more years to acquire the pick. With the overfall talent on that team plus a top 6 pick (if they get it) from this year's draft, they should be better than the 6th worst record next year.

We'll have at least a top 7 pick this year plus two 2nd round picks and a decent amount of money to spend on some free agents. After the season ends the ball is in the front offices court, and they have the resources to do a decent job of improving the team this year. Do that plus an extra pick next year and things will really be moving forward.
    Some posters here want the pick at its maximum value,#7. Some also don’t want to see us pick five times in the first round next year,our own, ATL,TOR,CHI,CHA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you think they are gonna be better,When they trade brown and poeltl next season?I can see it already.They will struggle to make the playoffs
    and trade there role players to tank,To get there chance at a young star in next years draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you think they are gonna be better,When they trade brown and poeltl next season?I can see it already.They will struggle to make the playoffs
    and trade there role players to tank,To get there chance at a young star in next years draft.
    Why do you think they will trade Poeltl? They just got him back from us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the overfall talent on that team plus a top 6 pick (if they get it) from this year's draft, they should be better than the 6th worst record next year.
    Would a top 6 pick in this draft improve Toronto next year?

Spurs got Wemby, bottom 5 record
    Charlotte #2, bottom 5 record
    Portland #3, bottom 5 record
    Houston #4 + $60 million spending on veteran free agents, bottom 11 record
    Detroit #5, bottom 5 record
    Orlando #6 is better but Black is scoring 4 points & 1 assist in under 20 minutes a game, he's not a big difference maker

Also ask which teams in the current bottom 7 should be better, and which teams above Toronto should be worse?

Barring some tragedy, Spurs and Memphis should leapfrog Toronto next year with health and modest free agency / trade improvements

That would move Toronto to bottom 5

Who should be worse? Washington, Detroit, and Portland are reasonable to be worse. Charlotte if healthy competes for a play in I think.

Brooklyn has no incentive to tank though they are weak. Atlanta with Trae Young might as well be guaranteed a play in spot. Chicago if they keep DeRozan will continue to try for the play in.

Toronto could be just as bad next year but with the 4th or 5th best lotto odds as easily as they could be 10th and going for the play in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean if the raptors werent missing barnes and poeltl they wouldnt be in the tankfest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean if the raptors werent missing barnes and poeltl they wouldnt be in the tankfest
    Someone who gets it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with Barnes and Poeltl I expect they'll be worse than SA and Memphis.

Unless I'm not seeing things right, Toronto played 18 games after the Siakam trade and before the game Barnes only played 15 minutes before the injury so I don't count that one. They were 6-12, which over a season would be about 6th place lottery odds and they weren't even tanking and Barnes played in every game. Poeltl missed 6 of those games & they went 1-5 but no one is going to be perfectly healthy all year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, they would very likely stay in the 7 spot with little doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would a top 6 pick in this draft improve Toronto next year?

Spurs got Wemby, bottom 5 record
    Charlotte #2, bottom 5 record
    Portland #3, bottom 5 record
    Houston #4 + $60 million spending on veteran free agents, bottom 11 record
    Detroit #5, bottom 5 record
    Orlando #6 is better but Black is scoring 4 points & 1 assist in under 20 minutes a game, he's not a big difference maker

Also ask which teams in the current bottom 7 should be better, and which teams above Toronto should be worse?

Barring some tragedy, Spurs and Memphis should leapfrog Toronto next year with health and modest free agency / trade improvements

That would move Toronto to bottom 5

Who should be worse? Washington, Detroit, and Portland are reasonable to be worse. Charlotte if healthy competes for a play in I think.

Brooklyn has no incentive to tank though they are weak. Atlanta with Trae Young might as well be guaranteed a play in spot. Chicago if they keep DeRozan will continue to try for the play in.

Toronto could be just as bad next year but with the 4th or 5th best lotto odds as easily as they could be 10th and going for the play in
    Fair question.

Toronto wouldn't just get a top 6 pick, they also get Indiana's pick this year from the Siakam trade.

Washington
    Detroit
    Portland
    Charlotte

Are all likely to be pretty bad. Charlotte could reasonably be better, but does anyone actually think so? LaMello is a demented chucker who is in the Shaeden Sharpe "I'm totally injured, trust me, bro" camp.

Brooklyn will probably be awful.

Hopefully we won't be, but who knows.

And then we have Chicago and Atlanta, which are dangling on the precipice.

So... right now, I have five teams worse than Toronto: Detroit, Washington, Portland, Charlotte, Brooklyn. Leaving Toronto to dangle around where we find them now at baseline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, they would very likely stay in the 7 spot with little doubt.
    They might, anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, with a potentially very good draft with multiple promising players, teams with injuries or who are struggling might pull the plug mid season and tank. Yes, that could include Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, with a potentially very good draft with multiple promising players, teams with injuries or who are struggling might pull the plug mid season and tank. Yes, that could include Toronto.
    Mid season tanks almost never get you higher than position #6. Portland did that the last two seasons before this one, and finished in positions 7 and 6.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that there will be a lot of teams tanking in 24/25 (Flagg and Bailey ) and 25/26 (Boozer and Dybantsa); the chance to get a legitimate franchise player be very attractive to lots of teams... So if the TO pick doesn't convey this year, they are really going to have to work to stay in the top 6 for 2 more years...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some posters here want the pick at its maximum value,#7. Some also don’t want to see us pick five times in the first round next year, our own, ATL,TOR,CHI,CHA.
    I totally get that we don't want five 1st rounders in next years draft (although we could trade the not so valuable ones for players/ future picks), I also get posters want the maximum value pick but we don't control what Toronto does. If they decide to tank for the next few weeks, they will get their pick and we won't.. its that simple. It is sound logic - building for the future starting this season. They don't give a crap about us, they are watching out for their own team.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally get that we don't want five 1st rounders in next years draft (although we could trade the not so valuable ones for players/ future picks), I also get posters want the maximum value pick but we don't control what Toronto does. If they decide to tank for the next few weeks, they will get their pick and we won't.. its that simple. It is sound logic - building for the future starting this season. They don't give a crap about us, they are watching out for their own team.
    They'd have a of a hard time catching Portland or Charlotte for fifth worst record and finishing sixth only gives them a 45.85% chance at keeping their pick. Portland and Charlotte are tanking too and Toronto is 4 games ahead of Portland in the loss column with 14 games left. They're 7 games ahead of Charlotte in the loss column. Portland's next 3 games are against the Clippers and Nuggets too, with both teams jockeying for seeding.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-20-2024 at 04:32 PM.

Thread Information