Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1730
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s your opinion.
    It's actually not. But it is the most common opinion on this forum.

I think they probably could have gotten as high as #4, pre lottery, if they had gone into the tank when they should have.
    Yeah, let's ruin the development of a team full of young players just for slightly better odds in a weak draft.
    Not to mention that their roster needs are different from what top5 worst teams are looking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In addition to the better than decent chance that the number 9 pick in this draft is just as good as the number 1 pick, I think that not tanking is good for maintaining a franchise standard and winning culture, good for keeping their fanbase engaged, and just generally overall good karma in the eyes of the basketball gods.

I don't begrudge the Spurs front office for not fully tanking after trading Kawhi even though it may have been the smart thing to do at the time. In many ways, I admire it. I like to think in my warped little mind that things worked out the way they did with Wemby for the same reasons. Watch Memphis defy the lottery odds and end up in the top 3 anyway.
    *nods head*

As I've said before, I'd rather pay the number 7 pick in this draft $5.5 million a year rather than the number 1 pick in this draft $10 million a year.

Maybe I'd rather get that 5 pick, which is $6.6 million. Either way, I'm wary of top salary for any of these players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually not. But it is the most common opinion on this forum.

Yeah, let's ruin the development of a team full of young players just for slightly better odds in a weak draft.
    Not to mention that their roster needs are different from what top5 worst teams are looking for.
    This team wasn’t torn down. They’ve been to the playoffs a few times. Those ‘young players’ you’re talking about are a bunch of ragtag gleaguers,for the most part.

As for the opinions of this forum, it’s usually monkeys flinging crap, the loudest getting the most attention. No one really knows what a draft it until 3 years have past,which is why next year re-drafts are ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis's "bunch of ragtag g-leaguers" are get crucial development that will aid them in being role players on their team in the future.

Meanwhile, we have Wemby surrounded by a bunch of ragtag g-leaguers who we confuse as future cornerstones who are learning nothing other than how to be losers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team wasn’t torn down. They’ve been to the playoffs a few times.
    Did I say otherwise?

Those ‘young players’ you’re talking about are a bunch of ragtag gleaguers,for the most part.
    And? Turning a couple of those G-leaguers into rotation pieces for the next season is way better than having 4th best draft odds instead of 6th.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis's "bunch of ragtag g-leaguers" are get crucial development that will aid them in being role players on their team in the future.

Meanwhile, we have Wemby surrounded by a bunch of ragtag g-leaguers who we confuse as future cornerstones who are learning nothing other than how to be losers.
    The difference is that Memphis has a second star and third star and we don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I say otherwise?

And? Turning a couple of those G-leaguers into rotation pieces for the next season is way better than having 4th best draft odds instead of 6th.
    Those guys will be key rotation pieces for The Hustle next year. The gap could also be 1st pick to 9th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is that Memphis has a second star and third star and we don't.
    Touche to that, indeed a key difference. But also good reason why Memphis probably doesn't care too much about the difference between the 4th best odds and the 7th best odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I freaking hate TOR for not being able to out win a decimated MEM. So impressed with how MEM has played and how they are coached and built.

TOR sucks and its so annoying that this was by far the best chance for the pick to optimally convey (pick 7) and we see it slipping away because TOR cant freaking win anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tor will do everything not to give spurs that pick

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some in here didn't believe that when others were telling them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I freaking hate TOR for not being able to out win a decimated MEM. So impressed with how MEM has played and how they are coached and built.

TOR sucks and its so annoying that this was by far the best chance for the pick to optimally convey (pick 7) and we see it slipping away because TOR cant freaking win anything
    Both Scotty Barnes and Poeltl are injured and out for the year. Tough order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Scotty Barnes and Poeltl are injured and out for the year. Tough order.
    MEM way worse injuries for way longer though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, excepttthey started winning arter the trade deadline right up to the point where Barnes and Poeltl were injured. They were up around 9 then with play in possibilities at that point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not fair, when we talked about this pick they had og, siakam ect... then they have barrett, barnes, poetl, quickely ... now only the last one is playing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    expect them to do this next year as well,When they struggle to try make the playoffs.Alot of potential stars in
    next year draft.We wont be getting it ever.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not fair, when we talked about this pick they had og, siakam ect... then they have barrett, barnes, poetl, quickely ... now only the last one is playing.
    Very fair, it was well known they were going to unload players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never fails. Undertalented team with white coach wins more than expected = the coach must have discovered plutonium.

Couldn't possibly be because the mostly black players are better than previously thought (namely, they've stumbled into Williams Jr. and Jackson II).

Add probably a mid lottery pick (the league should reward their honorable/stupid decision to bring players back by moving them into the top 4) and a good backup C (Bitadze?) and they'll be back with a vengeance next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brother, Doc Rivers was doing way worse with better players than Jenkins has been doing with barely adequate players. Just go be racist somewhere else.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *nods head*

As I've said before, I'd rather pay the number 7 pick in this draft $5.5 million a year rather than the number 1 pick in this draft $10 million a year.

Maybe I'd rather get that 5 pick, which is $6.6 million. Either way, I'm wary of top salary for any of these players.
    Meh it's peanuts, especially in comparison to paying Zollins $17 million next year. I'd rather the team get their choice of who they want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undertalented team wins more than expected = the coach must be dong something right.
    fify

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brother, Doc Rivers was doing way worse with better players than Jenkins has been doing with barely adequate players. Just go be racist somewhere else.
    Not knowing the difference between racial bias and racist, getting defensive every time the subject is broached and bringing up Rivers, whitey's favorite NBA punching bag.

Tell me then, what's Jenkins doing that's so smart that most others apparently haven't figured out . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very fair, it was well known they were going to unload players.
    no and what's fun is that they will be pick 6 at max after unloading players and having bunch of injuries ( something you and i did not know they'll have)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TOR has to have a top 6 pick for three straight years to not convey. And this is only year 1, so that’d be awfully ugly for their fan base to endure!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's Tuesday, it's Mrs. Body accusing someone of being racist

Thread Information