Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are our top 3 pick prospects for 2024 draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting 2 top 10 picks would put us in a very good position to trade up to a top 2 pick if The Spurs really like one of the top players in this draft and cant draft him with the pick they get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are picking #1 next year again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in no particular order, I think it’s Rasicher, Topic, Williams.

Im thinking they go with the best big wing prospect with their natural pick and then a pg with the TOR pick.

I’m intrigued by Sarr but I don’t see them spending another high pick at the same position in successive drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in no particular order, I think it’s Rasicher, Topic, Williams.

Im thinking they go with the best big wing prospect with their natural pick and then a pg with the TOR pick.

I’m intrigued by Sarr but I don’t see them spending another high pick at the same position in successive drafts.
    I like Topic then Rasicher. But boy just imagine a twin tower?? Teams would be hating to play against Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the moment there is not a consensus; the top 5 looks like sarr, topic, holland, risacher, williams if you read mocks.

I like Topic then Rasicher. But boy just imagine a twin tower?? Teams would be hating to play against Spurs.
    Sarr is mobile, can shoot, protect the rim, rebound, imo he's a good fit for the spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of Sarr, but one of the lessons from this season of experiments is that the double big Wemby-Collins like up didn’t really work. Maybe that’s a function of Zach not hitting his 3s like they thought he could to help space the floor, so perhaps there is a world where Sarr projects to be a reliable knock down shooter and they go for it?

The bottom line is Wemby + Jermey (yes Pop will start him) + another non-shooting big doesn’t seems to be the best roster construction. It’s why I’m a big proponent of getting someone in the Jabari Smith archetype to go along with those two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of Sarr, but one of the lessons from this season of experiments is that the double big Wemby-Collins like up didn’t really work. Maybe that’s a function of Zach not hitting his 3s like they thought he could to help space the floor, so perhaps there is a world where Sarr projects to be a reliable knock down shooter and they go for it?

The bottom line is Wemby + Jermey (yes Pop will start him) + another non-shooting big doesn’t seems to be the best roster construction. It’s why I’m a big proponent of getting someone in the Jabari Smith archetype to go along with those two.
    I’m with you on Risacher especially once Wemby commands double/triple-teams around the post. Having a shooter with defensive length.

The Collins comparison though, Zach is not Sarr defensively. Zach does not deter shots like Sarr would, and not a lob target. It would be lob city to have Wemby and Sarr, not to mention a defensive fortress. But then again, you need people to throw those lobs. It’s just a pleasant thought, call it nostalgic. I go back and forth. But boy if Sarr continues to improve as a true #1 prospect, I’m taking Sarr.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m with you on Risacher especially once Wemby commands double/triple-teams around the post. Having a shooter with defensive length.

The Collins comparison though, Zach is not Sarr defensively. Zach does not deter shots like Sarr would, and not a lob target. It would be lob city to have Wemby and Sarr, not to mention a defensive fortress. But then again, you need people to throw those lobs. It’s just a pleasant thought, call it nostalgic. I go back and forth. But boy if Sarr continues to improve as a true #1 prospect, I’m taking Sarr.
    You might now get Topic with the Toronto pick if that pick conveys and if not then draft Castle who I like more anyways. Castle will be strong offensively and defensively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might now get Topic with the Toronto pick if that pick conveys and if not then draft Castle who I like more anyways. Castle will be strong offensively and defensively.
    Who do you like for the Spurs pick if we assume we're getting Tipic/Castle/ Dillingham with rhe Toronto pick?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you like for the Spurs pick if we assume we're getting Tipic/Castle/ Dillingham with rhe Toronto pick?
    Haven't decided yet for the top pick, maybe Sarr it would allow to move Sochan to the bench.

What I want is Castle out of this draft and if they can come out of it with Castle with the Toronto pick that would be perfect.

Spurs defense would be a lot better with Sarr and Castle and their offense improved too moving Sochan and any pg Pop puts out there this year to the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is the crux of it: they should take their PG with the TOR pick if it conveys but not their natural pick.

Dillingham is coming on strong, Collier is still really good, the other Kentucky pg is good too. Are we sure Topic is THAT much more head and shoulders ahead of those guys? I honestly dont know.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need to check him out more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't decided yet for the top pick, maybe Sarr it would allow to move Sochan to the bench.

What I want is Castle out of this draft and if they can come out of it with Castle with the Toronto pick that would be perfect.

Spurs defense would be a lot better with Sarr and Castle and their offense improved too moving Sochan and any pg Pop puts out there this year to the bench.
    Gotcha....that's reasonable .. For me it depends on where we select the PG...assuming its the Toronto pick I'm looking Risacher or Sarr at our pick if it's top 2. If its a little lower and they are off the board, I'm looking at Salaun or Buzelis and maybe Walter or Williams. For the PG, I have Topic, then Dillingham, and then Castle. However, I do expect Castle to pass Dillingham and make a run there as his season progresses and he rounds into form. If all 3 are off the board and the Toronto pick drops to 12-14 I'm either going Shephard or kicking the tires on Proctor or Wagner.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

stephon castle is a bigger tre jones....Think hes made 1 three point shot so far which is not a good sign..
    Hopefully he starts knockng down 3s....Cause last thing we need is another pg who cant shoot

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stephon castle is a bigger tre jones....Think hes made 1 three point shot so far which is not a good sign..
    Hopefully he starts knockng down 3s....Cause last thing we need is another pg who cant shoot
    That's his worst weakness but much better overall than Jones. Jones is only 6'1 and doesn't have the athletic ability that Castle has. Castle is a lob dunk threat cutting to the basket and is 6'6" and a good defender.

Topic also doesn't shoot the 3 shot well. There are no perfect pgs in the draft that are great in all areas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I am seeing some consensus that we need a PG and a beefy rim protecting big primarily. Which I was thinking myself at least. Remember when we had Duncan and Robinson, how unfair it must have seemed to the poor little other NBA teams. I want to see them and their fans near tears over that again!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's his worst weakness but much better overall than Jones. Jones is only 6'1 and doesn't have the athletic ability that Castle has. Castle is a lob dunk threat cutting to the basket and is 6'6" and a good defender.

Topic also doesn't shoot the 3 shot well. There are no perfect pgs in the draft that are great in all areas.
    Interestingly, the 6-1 Jones looked taller to me than the 6-2 Lillard. Lillard still is clearly the better athlete though, despite his advancing age.
    Last edited by Knoxxx; 01-05-2024 at 02:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors win again, 3rd in the last 4 (the lone loss coming on the road against the Kings, a 5pt loss). Now sitting only a half game out of the Play-In spot (9 and 10 current tied a half game ahead).

Spurs fans may have been counting chickens too soon in assuming this would be a top 10 pick. Will have to see what happens with Siakam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors win again, 3rd in the last 4 (the lone loss coming on the road against the Kings, a 5pt loss). Now sitting only a half game out of the Play-In spot (9 and 10 current tied a half game ahead).

Spurs fans may have been counting chickens too soon in assuming this would be a top 10 pick. Will have to see what happens with Siakam.
    The 7th pick has about twice the odds of not conveying as the 10th pick, and the quality of player is supposed to be pretty similar. I'm more hoping the Raptors are in the 9-11 range, as I don't want that pick going into 2025 more than I want the maximum pick in terms of draft slot.

A number of people complain about this draft and Wright's ability, but the Spurs have only made two selections in the top 10 in decades. On a roster where multiple cast-offs and late-firsts are trying to make it, I think even a "bad draft" lotto talent will be a nice add.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 7th pick has about twice the odds of not conveying as the 10th pick, and the quality of player is supposed to be pretty similar. I'm more hoping the Raptors are in the 9-11 range, as I don't want that pick going into 2025 more than I want the maximum pick in terms of draft slot.

A number of people complain about this draft and Wright's ability, but the Spurs have only made two selections in the top 10 in decades. On a roster where multiple cast-offs and late-firsts are trying to make it, I think even a "bad draft" lotto talent will be a nice add.
    I do agree, for asset management purposes alone, that it is in our interest for the TOR pick to convey this year. If not, we'd have the potential for up to 5 FRPs next season (3 of which I would put in the more-than-likely-to-convey category [SA, ATL, TOR], one in the 50/50-to-convey [CHI], and one in the unlikely-to-convey [CHA]). I don't think we'd even want three, and depending on this offseason you may not even want two.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree with this. I’d rather the raptors end up with the 10th worst record than the 7th worst record. 7th worst means there’s still a decent chance they jump into the top 6 during the lottery. I think the raptors can make a good run with this new squad. But can’t see them moving past the 8th seed in the East (Orlando, NY, Miami, Indiana will all stay ahead in the 4-7 range). Can see the raptors ending up with a better record than Chicago, Brooklyn, Atlanta. This gives them the 9th best record in the East. In the West only Spurs and Blazers will for sure end up with a worse record and the Grizz and Jazz are a toss up. The rest of the West will end ip with a better record than the Raps.

That means the likely plausible range for the Raps pick is 6-10.

‘Worst’ plausible case for the Spurs is the raptors finish with the 20th best record in the league which is the 10th worst record or the 10th pick on the draft. ‘Best’ plausible case for the Spurs is that the Raptors end up with 6th worst record (Detroit, Spurs, Washington, Hornets, Blazers) and someone jumps them and spurs end up with 7th pick.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fwiw the 10th worst team has a higher chance of jumping into the top 4 (16.9%) than the Spurs had of getting Wemby (14.0%).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ja out for season

memphis in tank mode

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ja out for season

memphis in tank mode
    Oh that's big news. No way Toronto out-tanks Memphis now.

Thread Information