Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you need that much setup in today’s game, maybe you’re not ROY material. Maybe you’re not an All Star. Maybe you’ll never be an MVP or all NBA. Those guys get their own, and the help comes from secondary scoring when they’re doubled, not from assists.
    Is that really a position you're willing to take with Wemby? That if he loses out on ROTY, it will be all on him and have nothing to do with guys like Sochan, KJ, et al missing him for wide open dunks repeatedly? There's plenty of evidence he's being missed by these guys to be had.

I get that one wants the generational talent to generate offense by himself consistently, but it's a team sport.

Free lobs/inside passes to athletic big men for dunks/fouls/etc is about as good as you can ask for in basketball efficiency wise, as long as the passes themselves are successful at a solid clip.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good chance that Chet might get 3 rings before Wemby even make the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the on/off numbers? That should be more reflective of individual impact than net rating. Earlier in the year, wemby’s were really good, but I don’t know what they currently are
    Not overwhelming except in boards, but significant.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01/on-off/2024

Chet a bit less impressive:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01/on-off/2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

says a lot, if not all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet's 3 pts % is better than wemby's fg%. That is crazy. And net rating of +10 compared to -12. I know, that spurs team and coach poop is probably main reason why he is not doing as well as some of us were expecting, but damn, Wemby needs to get his together.
    Victor is mostly creating his own shots, while Chet is probably getting a lot of easy looks created by superior teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor is mostly creating his own shots, while Chet is probably getting a lot of easy looks created by superior teammates.
    that's not true
    Victor

Chet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those stats don't tell the real story tho...

Most of the time Victor doesn't receive the ball in a position to shoot and has to create his shot whereas Chet is often free

Would be good to have the % of opened shots or dribles after catching the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holmgren another massive game. He is clearly in front now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holmgren another massive game. He is clearly in front now.
    What? Just because he just went blow for blow with Embiid and scored 33 to. Joel’s 35? That means nothing.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? Just because he just went blow for blow with Embiid and scored 33 to. Joel’s 35? That means nothing.

Starting to look like the best rookie since Tim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those stats don't tell the real story tho...

Most of the time Victor doesn't receive the ball in a position to shoot and has to create his shot whereas Chet is often free

Would be good to have the % of opened shots or dribles after catching the ball

Voters would vote base on the concrete stats tbh. Yes, hypothetically, if Wemby switch team with Chet, Wemby might put up better numbers, but voters don't vote on hypothesis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby might be the better player in the long run but Chet is in such good position that he may win 3 rings before Wemby even make the playoffs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It's amazing how well a talented big man can do if the opponent has to spend any energy guarding the rest of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of these guys is going to win ROTY, and it will fuel the other for his entire career for a great H2H rivalry.

Right now, I think Wemby would win over a more deserving Chet, and it will amplify things even more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still going with Wemby to win ROY but Chet is looking more and more like the 2nd coming of Dirk Nowitzki,,,,,,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look I like Chet, but he has top level talent that can punish if someone double teams him or get him the ball where he wants it. He also has a season of getting stronger, maturing, and learning the game. He also doesn’t have the media spotlight that loves you when you are amazing but hates you if you are average. Comparing Wemby’s season (including his empty stats given the Spurs are not prioritizing wins) to Chet’s season (much better teammates, coach, and system) is just not helpful in telling the story. Thunder would be a playoff team without Chet. He basically got the Robinson/Duncan situation with a team ripe to take the next step and Wemby got the typical “lottery” team.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its the 94 Rockets question. Swap players. How would Victor be doing on the Thunder right now? How efficient would Chet be with these Spurs, even with the extra year?

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if Chet were on this team, we'd have the same crappy record we have currently, maybe a little better as Chet is still right around 2 years older.

Wemby doesn't have the surrounding talent he does, and the coaching on the Spurs this year goes without saying, (it's not good). With that said, Chet is clearly leading the ROTY race thus far.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    11 straight losses for the best prospect since Lebron.

Wembustyama is now getting his shot swatted to the 5th row by 5'9 point guards

It's over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like most NBA fans love to hate on Wemby...

Pobably in opposi on to his main stream medias's hype

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 straight losses for the best prospect since Lebron.

Wembustyama is now getting his shot swatted to the 5th row by 5'9 point guards

It's over.
    your point shows how biased the judgments towards Wemby are…

What would we hear had Wemby been posterised as many times as Chet lmao

It was predictable tbh, Wemby received so much praised that ppl were on the starting blocks waiting to on him.

pathetic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still going with Wemby to win ROY but Chet is looking more and more like the 2nd coming of Dirk Nowitzki,,,,,,
    Irk? Since when did Irk defend like that?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that Wemby has more potential but as of now, Chet is better. We can say that he has better teammates but he is shooting better when open, Wemby still misses quite a lot even when open. Chet also dribbles better than Wemby. If Wemby can improve his 3-point shooting to 35% and cut his TO by half, then I think that he has a chance to win ROTY.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inau ious as his start is, there isn't a player you'd trade for Victor, let alone a rookie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop still claims they run no plays for Wemby. We have not seen what Wemby can look like with a competent team and coach. Pop is more interested in protecting Kawhi from boos than putting Wemby in the optimal setting to improve.

Thread Information