Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet is still playing great with some ups and downs but wemby really came o strong as an individual player the last month or so. Problem is that the spurs haven’t won in 17 games.

I think/hope the spurs will come on much stronger in 2024 after Pop is done with his crazy experiments and actually decide to get them to play team ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wemby with a very good 21pts 20reb 4 ast 4 blocks outing tonight.
    chet with 21pt 7reb 3 blocks. it should've been 11pts 5 rebs 3 blcks thanks to donkey green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet's % shooting starting to go downhill... Just check tonight's game again

Once he starts getting the same treatment Victor gets there won't be any compe ion imo

Even with all his handicaps Victor is still more impresisve to me
    I agree, and not only the percentages are going down, the numbers too, while Victor’s numbers are rising.
    Last edited by Rocalcio; 12-09-2023 at 01:07 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, and not only the percentages are going down, the numbers too, while Victor’s numbers are rising.
    Chet had 14 and 11 with 3 blocks tonight.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Chet is going to be a really good player, maybe he is already, but he's not shouldering the offensive load on his team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby had 30 points, 13 rebounds and 6 blocks in his last game against an all star center in Anthony Davis. Just give him the ROTY already and be done with it. Chet isnt going to beat him.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet had 14 and 11 with 3 blocks tonight.
    Did you watch the game? Nothing but easy/junk points. Missed two wide open threes down the stretch and got abused in the paint all night. Fox had like 40.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you watch the game? Nothing but easy/junk points. Missed two wide open threes down the stretch and got abused in the paint all night. Fox had like 40.
    Nope, didn't watch the game.....just posting his numbers for that night. But after seeing the highlights, your post is definately accurate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night Wemby tied Dwight Howard for most consecutive double-doubles by a teenager.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm super happy for Scoot that he's healthy and playing well...

Does anyone else notice that he carries the ball literally every time he dribbles? In a league where that is rampant, he stands out.

Also, I was enjoying his highlights and then noticed the score. It's like when Homer Simpson dreamed he was John Elway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet with 17 pts 11 rebs 9 blks against champion Denver

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said, the national media collectively decided this was over (barring significant injury) about a month in and that the criteria that has always applied to this award was out the window.

Holmgren had them at White American on team next (the jockeying to become their confidantes has begun) vs the most hyped prospect in 20 years, who wanted to be and is a Spur (they'll do everything in their power to try to get him to a glamor market).

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said, the national media collectively decided this was over (barring significant injury) about a month in and that the criteria that has always applied to this award was out the window.

Holmgren had them at White American on team next (the jockeying to become their confidantes has begun) vs the most hyped prospect in 20 years, who wanted to be and is a Spur (they'll do everything in their power to try to get him to a glamor market).
    Wemby is atop the nba.com rookie ladder, wemby will get ROY

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Wemby can have a 30, 20 game with 10 blocks tomorrow.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby already played Denver,,,the Champs,,,on Nov 26th. He posted 22 pts,,11 rebs,,,,6 steals,,,4 blocks in 24 minutes,,,,,but, hey,,,Chet aint to bad,,,he's a poor man's Wemby but thats ok. By the way,,,how minutes did he play to get those lower numbers?,,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby already played Denver,,,the Champs,,,on Nov 26th. He posted 22 pts,,11 rebs,,,,6 steals,,,4 blocks in 24 minutes,,,,,but, hey,,,Chet aint to bad,,,he's a poor man's Wemby but thats ok. By the way,,,how minutes did he play to get those lower numbers?,,,,,
    32mins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If they love the white American so much then why aren’t they doing anything in their power to try to get him to a glamor market?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't help but to think how good Wemby would be with a decent seasoned PG to get him the ball in his spots.
    I mean... he is pretty amazing now but just add a good PG in there and he would be no doubt up there as one of the greats.

I honestly hope that the Spurs trade for a more veteran PG rather then draft one that may or may not be impact full for several years.

Wemby is the type of player best suited to have an elite pg along side him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is atop the nba.com rookie ladder, wemby will get ROY
    I know, but that's 1) Obviously affiliated with the league, who has much more invested in Wembanyama given that they hyped him more than any prospect since James and 2) Not aligned with most of the discourse.

If they love the white American so much then why aren’t they doing anything in their power to try to get him to a glamor market?
    Because Holmgren didn't have nearly the same hype leading up and as good as he is, Wembanyama is still universally thought of as not only higher ceiling, but eventual face of the league potentially.

Again, if you follow enough of the discourse, you'd know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't help but to think how good Wemby would be with a decent seasoned PG to get him the ball in his spots.
    I mean... he is pretty amazing now but just add a good PG in there and he would be no doubt up there as one of the greats.

I honestly hope that the Spurs trade for a more veteran PG rather then draft one that may or may not be impact full for several years.

Wemby is the type of player best suited to have an elite pg along side him.
    just start Jones. He may not be elite, but he plays well with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media is just making it interesting to sell the rivalry more. But the future face of global basketball is Wemby. And winning the ROTY will be part of his mystique and legacy that the NBA will make sure he’ll get. Pop also has switched Wemby to his natural position and will oblige to help the Spurs franchise player add the ROTY to his eventual long list of accolades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will have to put eye catching numbers to compensate the "new rule" of team ranking/accomplishments

Thread Information