View Poll Results: Will the Spurs Tank the 24-25 Season?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 15.38%
  • No

22 84.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will they purposefully tank again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should they? No

Will they? Probably (in an inadvertent, we accidently failed to make the team better, kind of way)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should they? No

Will they? Probably (in an inadvertent, we accidently failed to make the team better, kind of way)
    No, they wont tank

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won’t Tank will just loose because we simply lack talent and depth - The 2025 will hopefully solve half of those issues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy has shown us a lot this offseason, and we think NOW he is able to handle the PG position

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They going to waste another year of wemby if they tank

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think they’ll sell out and trade their draft stock for anything outside of a perennial all star. I expect prudent moves and an improvement that has them knocking on the play in.

Year 3 and 4 are bigger years for Wemby. Historically it’s even further out than that for franchise players. Just look at the wolves. Ant is 4 years in. KAT?

I think they’ll improve and be comfortably 7-10 next year.

We have a fair amount of draft stock that could really matter by Wembys 5-7th season. Then you’re looking at a legitimate 6-9 year run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just keep stock piling talent starting in June. I’m down with the two picks but we take what we get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted No but if it’s a soft tank to keep developing talent that’s livable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they do anything of the sort, they're ing assholes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they draft a PG, they'll be tanking inadvertently since those guys won't move the needle much their first few years in the league. Which will be a good thing, since the Spurs will have a shot at Ace or Flagg next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh it shouldn’t be difficult to grasp the tanking thing.

Will they go into the season planning to win 20 games? No
    Will they burn through their assets in order to maximise their 24-25 win total? No
    Will they resort to not giving their absolute best if they find themselves in a bad position after the trade deadline? Probably, like every other team in such a position.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were still four teams worse than the Spurs in a season no one was outright tanking until late while next year teams will likely be tanking for Flagg plus an anticipated quite strong top 5 or so picks of the draft class. Probably reasonable to expect Victor to take another step forward next season and their guard play can't possibly be worse than what it was with Sochan and Branham starting at PG for the first 40% of the season. If Victor gets hurt and has to miss the season then they obviously tank but otherwise I'd be surprised to see them worse than say bottom 8 in the league.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no tank, and I think with a solid offseason the team could even win 35+ games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted No but if it’s a soft tank to keep developing talent that’s livable.
    What talent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, you’re not going to convince everyone about your opinion on this. Just stop it. I don’t go on this board to see you on every thread spouting the same .

scott this is the that I was talking about. You aren’t nearly in the same category as this, and I find your posts way more insightful than the recycled trash this guy posts. But… you expressed love for John B so I will try to channel my inner good side and find love for all people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremye has shown us a lot this offseason, and we think NOW he is able to handle the PG position
    Additionally, Bramham and Vassell now identify as a power forwards and NBA superstar chuckers respectively so let us all embrace their individuality on the way to the lottery and a chance at a real running for VW.

Seriously though I think this team in win now mode even though I’d be good with one more year of stealth tank.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't have to tank. They still won't be a playoff team.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to find a way to come away in next year's draft with that badly needed 2nd star to go with Wemby.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Wemby is healthy, it will be impossible to tank.
    I expect him to average 25/12/5 with 4 blocks next season.

This is fifth straight year in lottery, it would be embarrassing to tank again next season. Only Hornets have a longer lottery streak.

Blazers just started tanking, Jazz will probably blow it up for a proper tank, East bottom three will be horrible again and everyone outside the playoffs in the East is trending downwards.
    Tanking would be just idiotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring a significant injury to Victor, they absolutely should not tank tbh.

They would not be able to withstand the narrative of "wasting" two years of Wemby's rookie deal and I honestly think it'd piss of Victor very much.

They also have Atlanta's pick so it's possible they still get a crack at a high lottery pick even if it's not their own.

Blatant "Tanking" would absolutely be dumb AF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll run it back with mostly the same team cuz they're players on cheap contracts, so whatever happens, happens. Then they can make a run at FAs next summer with another season of Wemby to showcase to said FAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't need to tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, you’re not going to convince everyone about your opinion on this. Just stop it. I don’t go on this board to see you on every thread spouting the same .

scott this is the that I was talking about. You aren’t nearly in the same category as this, and I find your posts way more insightful than the recycled trash this guy posts. But… you expressed love for John B so I will try to channel my inner good side and find love for all people.
    It's all just good banter. There is a difference between this and someone who goes on some screed about how this franchise is and only notable because Timmy came around to carry Pop, like Luka carrying Yoda, etc.

JBP may fall on a pessimistic scale, but he also brings lots of good takes. So long as you bring the good takes every now and then - it's easy to overlook constant Sniffer/Anti-Pop tendencies, IMO.

Thread Information