Page 83 of 252 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 6290
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht reminds me of a poor man’s Devin Booker.
    Very similar size and build, similar offensive game, similar ability to get unconsciously hot.

It is notable that Knecht plays guard in college at 6’6” and not SF.
    I think he will be a solid rotation player at the NBA level and will occasionally drop 30 on someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-top-four/amp/

For entertainment purposes- This mock has us taking Reed Shephard at #2 overall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sarr to Detroit? Dililngham to Charlotte? Topic to Atlanta? Hmmmm.... don't really dig it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarr to Detroit? Dililngham to Charlotte? Topic to Atlanta? Hmmmm.... don't really dig it.
    Yep, it's an an hetical mock to me. I don't see a world with Shephard in the top 2, Topic falling to 8, or Buzelis dropping to the teens...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, it's an an hetical mock to me. I don't see a world with Shephard in the top 2, Topic falling to 8, or Buzelis dropping to the teens...
    You should see NBAdraft.net -- they have Topic at 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really need to remove NBAdraft.net from your bookmarks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon had us drafting him at 1 when I did the simulation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of mocks, Givony's is what I like most right now, although I think Cody and Salaun are some spots too high.

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of mocks, Givony's is what I like most right now, although I think Cody and Salaun are some spots too high.

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable
    Givony knows his thing. And I mean from all these mock drafts, he's probably the only guy who follow leagues throughout the world and actually go regularly watch the young players he's talking about wherever the play, specially euros. Dude put on the miles.... Now the downside with Givony is that he may be overpimping some of these kids sometimes (safe perhaps of the top 6-7 prospects) to get/stay in good terms with agents and keep on getting information from them in the short and long term during career. So I would really take his projections with interest, particularly the lottery, but with a grain of salt some of his tweets where he pimps under the radar prospects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also now an ESPN guy, so his honesty has to be questioned for that reason as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reed over Risacher, not gonna happen. But this mock confirms a trend I'm seeing - Knecht in the top ten. This guy has him 7, Vicenie's buddy had him at 7 in their latest pod, one of the No Ceilings guys had him at 9 in their latest pod (No Ceilings average is 10). Givony has him lower (18) but even on his board, Knecht rose 6 spots this month. So us picking him up at 7-10 is not much of a stretch. My hope is that we land Risacher and Dilly with the #2 and #7 picks. But if we're staring at some later picks like #6 and #9, I could go Dilly at #6 and Knecht at #9.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed over Risacher, not gonna happen. But this mock confirms a trend I'm seeing - Knecht in the top ten. This guy has him 7, Vicenie's buddy had him at 7 in their latest pod, one of the No Ceilings guys had him at 9 in their latest pod (No Ceilings average is 10). Givony has him lower (18) but even on his board, Knecht rose 6 spots this month. So us picking him up at 7-10 is not much of a stretch. My hope is that we land Risacher and Dilly with the #2 and #7 picks. But if we're staring at some later picks like #6 and #9, I could go Dilly at #6 and Knecht at #9.
    He is moving up. I think it's a byproduct of the top guys having a higher bust potential than usual so teams are considering a higher floor-lower upside known quan y more than usual. I expect that to change and for Knecht to drop a little by the draft after teams get more comfortable with the young guys floors. A lot of mocks are based on what guys hear from league execs/sources more than their own evaluations (and then lesser mocks copy them, so i think that's what were seeing now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Havent seen risacher to much.But would yall say hes a better defender then champganie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Havent seen risacher to much.But would yall say hes a better defender then champganie.
    Yup

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is moving up. I think it's a byproduct of the top guys having a higher bust potential than usual so teams are considering a higher floor-lower upside known quan y more than usual. I expect that to change and for Knecht to drop a little by the draft after teams get more comfortable with the young guys floors. A lot of mocks are based on what guys hear from league execs/sources more than their own evaluations (and then lesser mocks copy them, so i think that's what were seeing now.
    Makes sense. I have to imagine that the college senior archetype has a little more validity after Bane and Jacquez.

This draft has a bunch of upperclassmen getting attention due to the high bust potential of the blue chippers.

Any of these you are intrigued by? Off the top of my head I can think of: Knecht, AJ Maxey, Zach Eddy, as well as many guys I'm not as familiar with--Wooga Poplar (?), Kevin McCullar, Tristan da Silva y mas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. I have to imagine that the college senior archetype has a little more validity after Bane and Jacquez.

This draft has a bunch of upperclassmen getting attention due to the high bust potential of the blue chippers.

Any of these you are intrigued by? Off the top of my head I can think of: Knecht, AJ Maxey, Zach Eddy, as well as many guys I'm not as familiar with--Wooga Poplar (?), Kevin McCullar, Tristan da Silva y mas.
    A few, but none enough to take as high as a projected Toronto pick. I do like Knecht, McCullar, and Edey. I just like them around #15-#25 range. Da Silva in the late 20's..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kansas has been since McCullar has been out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update: Reed 59 steals in 24 games. Race to 80, 7 games to go.
    Last edited by alfahdlan; 02-13-2024 at 11:41 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The argument coz “Reed was the only college basketball player who had recorded 90+ assists, made 50+ 3-pointers, created 50+ plus steals and committed less than 40 turnovers on the season”. Those were tangible stats. Show other stats otherwise if you are not amenable. Or what is the an hesis of this argument?
    Last edited by alfahdlan; 02-14-2024 at 12:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kentucky bounces back to beat Ole Miss after a three game skid at home. I'll take as mild faith that the top three will be Sarr-Risacher-Topic in some order.

The question then is who do I have as number four and I have Dillingham firmly right now. The team was sloppy and he got yanked early on (wasn't the only culprit). Second half reaffirmed the spot. He is working harder on defense, but it's just his offensive capability. Needs no time to get on a heater, uses his handles to create space, very active in trying to move the ball around. In this draft, he's simply a superior offensive weapon and with his quickness, speed, instinct and touch a potentially lethal one.

Now, no idea whether he fits our team or the Spurs would look at him (dubious).

As for Reed Sheppard, I continue to be unsure. His hands are absolutely elite. He ballhawks and overhelps on defense looking for swipes, losing his man, but that's probably schematic (allowed by coach). He is an excellent shooter. He just... that's it. When Dillingham is in, Dillingham gets the offense going. His man-to-man defense isn't great. Right now I don't see the heavy initiator you'd want for his purported position.

I'm not sure where I put Sheppard right now. Maybe 8-10?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.ph/mens-college-bas...guards-2023-24

ESPN Vitale choses his 6 best college point guards: Reed Sheppard in it. The only freshman.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kentucky bounces back to beat Ole Miss after a three game skid at home. I'll take as mild faith that the top three will be Sarr-Risacher-Topic in some order.

The question then is who do I have as number four and I have Dillingham firmly right now. The team was sloppy and he got yanked early on (wasn't the only culprit). Second half reaffirmed the spot. He is working harder on defense, but it's just his offensive capability. Needs no time to get on a heater, uses his handles to create space, very active in trying to move the ball around. In this draft, he's simply a superior offensive weapon and with his quickness, speed, instinct and touch a potentially lethal one.

Now, no idea whether he fits our team or the Spurs would look at him (dubious).

As for Reed Sheppard, I continue to be unsure. His hands are absolutely elite. He ballhawks and overhelps on defense looking for swipes, losing his man, but that's probably schematic (allowed by coach). He is an excellent shooter. He just... that's it. When Dillingham is in, Dillingham gets the offense going. His man-to-man defense isn't great. Right now I don't see the heavy initiator you'd want for his purported position.

I'm not sure where I put Sheppard right now. Maybe 8-10?
    wonder why dilly not starting or getting less min.Gotta be his d pretty bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft may lacks talent but I'm really not sure many teams would risk a top 3 pick on Topic... The probem with Topic is the same as with any euro white, skinny small PG in history... Will his game translate to the pace and physicality of the NBA? Will what works for him in Europe do it in the US? I'm' thinking guys like Navarro or Calderon here wo were dominant already as tennagers in Europe but never really made in the NBA.... Navarro was TP's biggest rival in the youth national teams compe ions, and considered then as the best player, but TP ended up a HOFer thanks his incredible speed (notably).

Rubio made it but his court vision and passing skills were elite and I believe he's taller than Topic (I could be wrong). Micic was considered the best PG in Europe and he hasn't be more than a 3rd string, garbage time dude in the NBA so far, and that's in his prime. Floor might be pretty low with Topic and I'm passing if I'm the spurs who need more guarantees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder why dilly not starting or getting less min.Gotta be his d pretty bad
    Neither Sheppard nor Dillingham start.

Thread Information